Thumper 05-Aug-18
Woods Walker 05-Aug-18
sleepyhunter 05-Aug-18
newfi1946moose 06-Aug-18
HA/KS 06-Aug-18
Woods Walker 06-Aug-18
newfi1946moose 07-Aug-18
02-Aug-18
Civil war breaks out via differing politics to the point that talking (arguing) about it just "don't work no more"

What antifa is suggesting is inciting riot to violence - way illegal - and no different than what the black panther party is up to.

As far as local LE, I doubt there is enough to quill any type of bona-fide civil war eruption.

02-Aug-18
WRT the original post name I don't think we will see a civil war That resembles anything like the War of Northen Agression

WRT the link Antifa will eventually get their ass handed to them by LE, even in Portland

Having said all of that IMO we have been in a civil war in this country since the 1960's when the Anti war element began

Made up of anti government anti American individuals and lead by radicals, no different than AntifA today. Preach peace and love and deliver violence and death

Many of that movement grew up, entered all forms of main stream life and continue to this day spreading their own brand of hate while hiding behind the cloak of normalcy.

02-Aug-18
You guys are just bigots!

I know and work with American loving Antifa's, you get along better with them with groveling, appeasement and Chamberlinism............

02-Aug-18
Corrupt government judicial system ruled by one political party that brings persecution against the other political party.

We are watching it unfolding before are eyes which needs reign in before it gets uncontrollable, what happen to A.G. Jeff Sessions?

02-Aug-18
The spark that will ignite the civil war bonfire will be when they try to confiscate guns from the general populace , and I stress "TRY". This was the same spark that started our American Revolution.

02-Aug-18
I would hope that everyone realizes we are in the midst of a civil war at this writing.

If not you will be suddenly awakened.

The Rock

02-Aug-18
Rocky NOPE. It's a slow process that has been going on for decades

02-Aug-18
RK's right, we have not been civil to each other in a long time.

Robin and I have a pretty good life together. I would hate for that to prematurely end. Now I have been paying attention to politics for sometime, started with the Iranian hostage crisis. Peaked my interest because I was in college, under contract in the Corp's OCS program.

Every presidency since has had dire warnings from some faction or another. I did not think it could get worse than when Clinton was in, but unfortunately I was wrong.

Yet here we are today, still going strong with all of the challenges we face. I am sitting on the porch of my cabin at the farm, Robin is enjoying a vacation back in Cleveland. I am amazed at what a resilient system our FF created.

Maybe some of you think a CW is inevitable, or even hope for it. I don't. The most vocal about it I suspect will still be sitting behind their keyboards stoking more flames while others do what has to be done.

Robin and I pray for our country, and our leaders daily. Heck, I even had a Muslim tell me his family does the same.

This is the greatest society ever. If it fails, a lot more will go wrong in the world. Pray that never happens.

03-Aug-18
there will never be another civil war. The day there is one a military/police unit shows up at your house and kills you and your whole family if you are part of it. that's the way it is and that's the way it should be. The only way we allow change in this country is through politics and our justice system. We have already worked all this out 150 years ago.

03-Aug-18
I think they tried that at Ruby Ridge and Waco. It didn't work out so well. If what you say does transpire, it will accelerate the body count.

03-Aug-18
Spike,

Hopefully people see the danger with articles like that.

For example, it"seems" like some ANTIFA protestors are told to bring their own guns? That word brought a lot of trouble on another thread.

And then there is advice that we should bring a gun if we go to an ANTIFA protest because they have been violent in the past.

I think I will stay at home and watch the carnage on TV.

03-Aug-18
Only way a civil war could happen is they completely shutdown both cell phone system and cable TV system.

04-Aug-18
Spike, thanks but I better watch my carb intake just in case. Lol.

I have pretzels and Crown Special Reserve. Both in moderation of course.

04-Aug-18
"Fears of violence ahead of US far-right rally"

04-Aug-18
Yes it is, don't use rocks, it is smooth. Way better than Black even, IMHO of course.

05-Aug-18

Habitat for Wildlife's Link
Well, it didn't start this weekend.

05-Aug-18
""Only way a civil war could happen is they completely shutdown both cell phone system and cable TV system.""

Exactly. Antifta, BLM, KKK everybody will have to give up the cell phones, air conditioning, internet, Cable TV all the modern luxuries if Civil war happens. No more modern day comforts.

05-Aug-18
I can't live without A/C. Civil War is off!

05-Aug-18
"Well, it didn't start this weekend."

Well, it wasn't for the lack of antifa trying. We need to all start wearing the MAGA hats, that will show them.

05-Aug-18
When will it start? When our government tries to strip us of our birthrights. And if that doesn't start the next civil war, then we don't deserve them in the first place.

And I'm not just referring to firearms, although that would probably be the spark that starts the flames.

05-Aug-18
If someone "donated" one to me I would wear it on my campus and take a picture. But I am not spending $25 to buy one. You guys know by now that I am cheap;)

05-Aug-18
"" We need to all start wearing the MAGA hats, that will show them.""

I got one in Realtree camo. I've worn it work several times. Haven't heard a word. Even if I did it wouldn't matter it's not obscene.

06-Aug-18
WoodsWalker...Bingo! If I recall history, the First Revolution started when the British Redcoats left Boston to confiscate certain 'private possessions' at Lexington and Concord. There was also an issue of 'tea and taxes'. Government needs to back off when it comes to controlling our lives. Just look at the useless city government in Chicago this past weekend! If government cannot enforce the laws, then we must try to put in place one that can. There should be no use for the gun violence, gangs, and level of criminal activity in this country.

06-Aug-18
"Antifta, BLM, KKK everybody will have to give up the cell phones, air conditioning, internet, Cable TV all the modern luxuries if Civil war happens. No more modern day comforts."

Not exactly. Since government and leftists control all of those, their friends will not be cut off, but anyone opposing massive government control will.

06-Aug-18
I agree newfi, except that it's not "GUN" violence, it's PEOPLE violence. Guns have no motives or free will of their own. The term "gun violence" is more liberal bullsh*t. When someone runs over someone or hits someone with their car and kills or injures them they don't call it "car" violence. It's the DRIVER'S sole responsibility to operate his vehicle. Guns are no different.

07-Aug-18
WW...exactly! It is human who uses the gun to create the violence. Witness this past weekend in Chicago. I tend to fear that a mis-directed government would attempt to impose much stricter gun laws on legal owners. I believe that the 'driver' of Chicago...the mayor should maybe 'turn' in his license!

• Sitka Gear