Woods Walker 03-Aug-18
KSflatlander 04-Aug-18
tonyo6302 04-Aug-18
NvaGvUp 04-Aug-18
KSflatlander 04-Aug-18
Will 04-Aug-18
TD 06-Aug-18
03-Aug-18
Monckton has been around awhile and involved in this since the beginning. A sharp dude that uses logic and an ability for putting science in plain English.

AGW believer's worst nightmare. That quote is correct.

03-Aug-18

KSflatlander's Link

03-Aug-18
He and Monckton have been going at it for years. May be a personal thing.

03-Aug-18
KS, I'm going to have to install adobe to watch the presentation done by the gentleman who wrote the article you posted. His Guardian piece you linked to was well done!

03-Aug-18
This was my favorite part about KS link: "I know a thing or two about global warming. I have worked in the field of heat transfer and fluid mechanics and I have published more than 80 papers on these topics. I am a university professor and also an active consultant in the energy and environment industry." I find it hilarious that scientists (not all I know) have to point out how bloody smart they are all the time.

03-Aug-18
Hackbow...get rid of them quick because you will end up in jail if they catch you!!

03-Aug-18
Hackbow, I might be misunderstanding your point about the guy who wrote the article KS posted. He clearly described that, when asked, every person quoted in the "hoax" presentation as having produced data affirming AGW is a hoax, refuted that point solidly. In other words, each of the points noted by Monkton that he tried to verify with the primary investigators - the scientists who did the studies - showed Monkton to be either wrong, or not reporting their results correctly. 100% fail rate. How is that not refuting? The author was not trying to provide new or compelling evidence, he's clearly operating from the understanding that the climate seems to be warming overall and we have a role in that. All he's doing, is showing that Monkton is inaccurate across the board.

The "how smart thing" gets old in the academic world, but it's how things have been done since academia started. The assumption is that the audience does not know why they should be listening, thus evidence is provided to validate that. It happens less it seems in professional conferences, more in "pop" stuff like the article KS posted or talks done to non scientists. It's hard wired into a lot of scientists. They function on following evidence, thus use it to describe themselves.

It always feels a little self serving to me, but I get it. It's also good to note that while the guy who wrote KS article is a "scientist", by providing that info he's admitting that he's not a climatologist for example. He's someone who understands related fields well, and who know's how to read, write and assess scientific studies. Helps understand where he's coming from when you read his article - whether you think AGW is hooey, spot on or a bit of both.

03-Aug-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

04-Aug-18

KSflatlander's Link
Ok here From NASA. Let me guess...not credible. Been down this road many times on the CF. Some will never believe in Climate change caused by humans regardless of any evidence because Limbaugh and Hannity say so. I put my trust in the majority of scientists. If they are wrong then great no climate change. If your wrong then better get to selling that beach front property. Not good for any of us. Regardless I’m for renewable energy because ...well it’s renewable.

04-Aug-18
Spike Bull, now you have done it !!!!

.. .. .. .

. .. .. . .

It was bad enough that you caused a mobilization of the Bigot Brigade this week, but NOW you got the AGW Weather Warriors all roiled up !!!!!!

How can you live with yourself ????

;^)

04-Aug-18
Rhody,

The climate is much different in the Midwest than what was experienced when growing up. I am a believer in climate change.

But, volcanic activity in the oceans, sun flares, solar system cycles yet not fully understood etc., would seem to have an exponentially greater impact on climate than human activities. Maybe that is more hope on my part, so I support further studies. Research fuels knowledge.

I do have concerns that money is playing a role in all of this. Also encouage a wiser use of our environmental resources. That is the direct result of growing up in Cleveland and witnessing the Cuyahoga River burn.

BTW, on the fishing thread, if it were not for Lake Erie being cleaned up, BB would not have caught those walleye. Very few back in my childhood.

04-Aug-18

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Is that you, algore?

04-Aug-18
Gee never heard that one...

04-Aug-18
I guess the comments suggesting that the info Monkton presented were not accurate sounds a lot like refuting. If I give a presentation and about everything I say is untrue, at best its neutral? I'd be highly suspicious of my own presentation and understanding if someone could literally show everything I said was NOT what the research actually said, as was the case here.

I'd say the author in this case did have an axe, he is a researcher who just saw an epic fail, and was upset that people were using it to attempt to discredit a LOT of research. He got curious and investigated discovering his hunch was correct, and Monkton was not accurate. The #FakeNews here was Monkton.

I'll agree to disagree on the bigger picture of AGW.

06-Aug-18
Who has placed his work...... ALL of it..... open for peer review? Then lets look at that. And let them come up with a fair..... and fact based.... review of that work.

If they are in fact multiplying the effect of just ONE factor, subtracting all other factors... that is manipulation of the facts to support the desired conclusion. That manipulation is also something several AGW researchers have been caught at not just once.... but multiple times. IMO that makes pretty much anything they say (that is NOT 100% open to peer review, like many refuse to do) very suspect.

They have had model after model fail, not just a bit off but epically fail...... so many times it's a joke. Yet NOW.....they tell us THIS TIME, they've nailed it.....

What is the issue with not checking into this? Trying to ignore it. What is the issue with ignoring so many other factors that very likely have a much greater influence on climate than carbon? (of which tons and tons of non-human caused gases and poisons are going into the atmosphere in fires across the country every day...... volcanoes pouring out sulfur, etc.)

There is an entire industry...... a quasi religion if you will.... all based on climate change being caused by mankind. Mankind bad. It HAS to be..... The guilt some feel for just existing.... as human, or white, or male, or American.... it's a mental illness...

• Sitka Gear