onX Maps
Hoyt Rx1
Community
Contributors to this thread:
beebo 05-Aug-18
casekiska 05-Aug-18
beebo 05-Aug-18
05-Aug-18
Well, I broke my bow, a PSE Stingray from way back. The lower limb cracked in two places, and they don't make parts for it anymore. So, I went to a bow shop about an hour and a half up the road that sells a few different brands, I tried PSE, Mathews, Elite, and Hoyt, and honestly liked the Hoyts the best. I shot a few different models and really liked Red Wrx Rx1. I liked the draw, and weight and just how it felt in my hand over all. I plan on getting one in a week or so. My questions are, of all the guys that own them, how do you like them? Also, have you experienced any issues with them whatsoever? And would you recommend them, and would you buy it again? Thanks!

05-Aug-18
My .02$ worth to this thead…

To each their own - and we all have different reasons for choosing the bow we shoot, but I think beebo's rationale is dead nuts on! He says: "I liked the draw, and weight and just how it felt in my hand overall." To my way of thinking as long as the bow has decent performance and accuracy, "just how it felt in my hand" is a critical consideration in choosing a bow. It's got to feel good to give the archer confidence in it. If the archer has confidence in it he'll do his best with it. IMO, that's the bow to buy. I know others will feel differently when they choose their bow, but this rationale has served me well over the years.

05-Aug-18
I dig it. Thanks!

• Sitka Gear