casekiska 07-Aug-18
Coyote 65 07-Aug-18
sleepyhunter 07-Aug-18
JD 07-Aug-18
SB 07-Aug-18
06-Aug-18
Hardly a peep out of the Lame Stream Media

06-Aug-18
Hell...... there’s hardly a peep on Dec. 7th any more......

06-Aug-18
Lesson:

"Don't 'F' with the USA!"

06-Aug-18
Still just amazes me. Glad we beat everyone else, history shows it was a closer race than many think.

God blessed us then, and hope we remain on His side.

06-Aug-18
This is a few years old but it's still worth a listen.............

06-Aug-18
Built in America!

06-Aug-18
Hallowed Ground.

07-Aug-18
The U.S.S. Indianapolis payed a heavy price for the success.

07-Aug-18
yes tonyo, I had an uncle tell me the story where he hitched a ride on the way back after dropping off the cargo... his own kids didn't know what he went thru... he told it to me during a boring Bill's game back in the eighties. The trip was so secret he was legally dead for some 2 yrs. before the Government reinstated his papers saying he survived... that man never cried but his last sentence was hearing the cries and screams from guys left in the ship, telling anyone who could hear... mostly saying they love their families... that's when he cried. God Bless you Uncle Wally.

07-Aug-18
My father flew many missions in a Catalina and rarely spoke of much that happened there. One thing that he did tell of was his respect for his pilot. The other that has stuck in my mind is that, on one patrol, they ran low on fuel and put down at Tinian. It was five days after the marines had landed and he spoke of the bodies of our troops still floating in the surf. He lost his mother six weeks after he was born and grew up poor in a home with his dad and three brothers. We must never forget those men and women who came out of the Depression and that war. An image of his plane is engraved on his headstone. We have failed to impress on many of our young people what this country has sacrificed for the rest of the world.

07-Aug-18
I had an uncle who made the jump on 6-6-44 in Normandy. He survived and returned in 1994 for the 50th anniversary reunion. He brought back small samples of Omaha beach sand. I have one of those packets, a treasured piece of history.

07-Aug-18

Coyote 65's Link
Watched a U-Tube video the other day about the unknown planes of Japan. Seems like Germany had given the Japanese info on Jet engines and the Japanese were in the process of building both bombers and fighters with jets. They also were building German technology rocket planes that intended to use for kamakazi missions. After their surrender the US went in and found 1200 of these type planes in tunnels in the mountains.

The program also stated that until the advent of the bombs that they planned to never surrender and fight to the last man, military and civilian.

Terry

07-Aug-18
On our way home from Chama NM, we stopped in Los Alamos and went thru a few of the museums there. Very interesting to see the life sized replicas of the 2 bombs, lot of information to read to see what went on before and after the first bomb test.

07-Aug-18
Dad was a Navy Corpsman & an uncle was a B-25 pilot in Europe. Both had said they were headed to Japan if the bombs wouldn't have been dropped. They sure as h&*l didn't have a problem with it.

07-Aug-18
My Dad's ship was in Port being reprovisioned when the bombs we're dropped. Thier next stop was mainland Japan!!! He would have been manning the landing craft!

• Sitka Gear