Your fav poster 21-Aug-18
'Ike' (Phone) 21-Aug-18
'Ike' (Phone) 21-Aug-18
Annony Mouse 21-Aug-18
Ghengis 21-Aug-18
Ghengis 21-Aug-18
Glunt@work 22-Aug-18
06-Aug-18
Call it a witch hunt all you want, however Within the last hour, Rick Gates gave up Paul Manafort completely.

Prosecutor: "Were you involved in any criminal activity with Mr. Manafort?"

Gates: "Yes"

Prosecutor: "Did you commit any crimes with Mr. Manafort?"

Gates: "Yes"

To make it plain: the deputy campaign manager to the President just admitted that he committed crimes WITH the campaign manager, at his instruction.

This is a pivotal day. And if you think this doesn’t mean the walls are closing in on trump, well you’re delusional.

He knows it and you probably should begin coming to terms with the fact that this corrupt creep is going down. With his family.

06-Aug-18
To make it even plainer, the supposed crimes Manafort committed occurred well prior to his having any relationship with Trump's campaign.

YEARS prior!

Even Mueller says his trial and the charges against him do not have anything to do with Trump and the campaign.

Try again,

06-Aug-18
Trump gets re-elected.

06-Aug-18
Wow! Talk about grasping at straws.

06-Aug-18
Someone say straws, looking to stalk up around here...Lol

Oh yes, try again Paul....DA!

06-Aug-18
"PSSST. Hey buddy.

Wanna' buy some plastic straws?"

Only in Liberal Land could this insanity exist.

06-Aug-18
Am I missing something, or is the defense not allowed to cross examine Gates?

Gates is testifying under a plea bagaining agreement he signed in which he agreed to testify against Manafort.

Not exactly an impartial witness.

06-Aug-18
1) With Gates on the stand, its the First time a senior Trump campaign official has confessed to a crime on the stand.

2) Now that Gates has implicated Manafort, he will either get a lengthy sentence OR agree to flip on trump.

3) trump knew manafort and gates were dirty, yet he hired them anyway. Why?

4) It bears repeating: "I hire the best people"—Donald Trump Dismiss this all you want, but the walls are closing in on trumps criminal enterprise. Can you honestly say you're surprised? Really ?

He was known as a conman his entire adult life in the NY real estate scene. And now The Trump admin. wants us to believe Manafort and Gates just stopped committing crimes when they went to work for Donald Trump for free?

Really? And you're buying that story? I refuse to believe a professional like you, Kyle would succumb to this ridiculous story line. I would like to think your intelligence and reason would allow you to rise above this nonsense.

06-Aug-18
Jeffrey, what you're doing is called 'gas lighting'. Its a tactic that trump has become an expert at. You? Not as good.

Also, no matter what the clintons did or didn't do, How does that change what trump has done and is doing?

In other words, lets say Clinton ran a pedophile ring in a pizza place (I know, crazy right?!) how does that give trump a pass?

I'm going to assume you see the logic in that. Keeping my fingers crossed for you, don't disappoint me!

06-Aug-18
Oh and Rick Gates testified that he committed crimes with Paul Manafort.

Don't forget who also did business with Manafort and Rick Gates

Donald Trump did....FOR YEARS BEFORE TRUMPS CANDIDACY

This isn't over. It's just beginning.

06-Aug-18
And PZ's side lost.

Yet she who was 'entitled' to be the POTUS refuses to accept the results.

ROTFLMAO!!

06-Aug-18

06-Aug-18
Mueller's team still having trouble getting it right.

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – After jurors were dismissed Monday in the Paul Manafort trial Monday, the federal judge overseeing the case and prosecutors trying the former Trump campaign chairman got into an extended verbal debate -- lasting about 10 minutes -- over the merits of the prosecution, the length of the case and even the eye contact of prosecutor Greg Andres.

U.S. District Judge T.S. Ellis III specifically pushed Andres on why the prosecution was moving slowly with Rick Gates – the former Manafort business partner who testified on Monday – and specifically to describe the link between wealthy Ukrainian politicos and Manafort. Ellis argued that the connection was not the basis of the case.

“What matters are the allegations that he made money from them and didn’t report it,” Ellis said. “You don't need to throw mud at these people.”

“I don’t know if they are bad or good. And I don’t care,” Ellis argued, reiterating his previous claim that the prosecution seemed to be focusing not on the actual charges but on what he considered “political contributions.”

Ellis again compared the Ukrainians in question to American billionaires and “Mr. Koch and Mr. Soros” as political contributors.

“I don’t know why you keep bringing (up) these people,” Andres said, referring to the Ukrainians. “These people are not like any Americans. These people are oligarchs and that means they control a segment of the economy based on the governments allowing them to do that.”’

“These are not really political contributions,” he continued. “They are self-serving payments with respect to what oligarchs do.”

“That makes it even clearer to me that it doesn’t have anything to do with the allegations in this case,” Ellis responded. “It throws dirt on these people. They may deserve it. I don’t know - and I don’t care.”

At another point in the exchange Andres could be heard challenging Ellis on a technicality. “Respectively, judge, that is not what the law is,” Andres responded bluntly at one point.

The most heated moment of the debate, however, took place when Ellis got perturbed by Andres not looking up at him while speaking.

“Look at me! Don’t look down,” Ellis demanded.

Then, when Andres responded that he was looking at a relevant document, the exchange grew testier.

“You looked down as if to say ‘that’s B.S.!’” Ellis said. “I’m up here!”

07-Aug-18
In today’s testimony it was learned that manafort was dead broke and without a client when he joined trumps team.

After he joined trumps team he somehow secured a multi million dollar loan from a Russian investor. With no collateral and nothing to back up the loan.

2 key questions:

Why would a broke man like Manafort accept a job w trumps administration FOR NO PAY?

What did Manafort promise this investor in exchange for that loan?

Theories on the answers:

He took the job for no pay To get out of massive debt to Oleg Deripaska , the investor, by doing Russia's bidding from inside the Trump campaign. OR... Someone was paying him, just not Trump.

07-Aug-18
The judge had one of the prosecutions lawyers crying today.

07-Aug-18
JTV, what KFC is trying to say is "try paulicia's pinky in your rectum, works fine for me"

07-Aug-18
Looks like the pontificator is trying to control thought as usual.

07-Aug-18
Jeffrey may have Internet Tourette’s Free diagnosis pal. You’re welcome.

08-Aug-18
I doubt this judge will sentence Manafort. To any real jail time.

08-Aug-18
“Looks like the pontificator is trying to control thought as usual.”

I feel like that’s being pretty liberal with the word “thought”...

08-Aug-18
He only hires the best people, until he fires them.

Matt

08-Aug-18
Russian collusion is this Presidency's birth certificate. I can't make it any clearer. Time to move on.

08-Aug-18
The governments star witness had a rough day on the stand yesterday.

I could care less what happens to Manafort but I wouldn’t be surprised if he gets out of these charges.

08-Aug-18
I am impressed with the judge, he doesn't take any BS. The government's conviction rate in these kinds of cases is 98%. If Manafort gets off it will make Mueller look like an idiot.

08-Aug-18
Among the many charges, it is now known that he cheated the IRS out of 16.5 million dollars in income. How will he get off exactly?

08-Aug-18
Hillary Clinton managed to get hundreds of millions and got off......so far.

13-Aug-18
Prosecutors just rested their case. Predictions?

13-Aug-18
I always believed there was a defense to be heard before you made a decision of guilt or innocence. I will say this. I do not trust the DOJ or the special counsel in this case or any other that Mueller may bring forth. Can you trust them knowing what we know now about their methods and integrity?

The Rock

13-Aug-18
Rock,

Totally coherent today!!

13-Aug-18
Manafort should've destryed evidence by acid washing, sledge hammer, and just say he acted with bad judgement, and he would be a free man, Right??. hillary did, and it worked for her. 8^))

13-Aug-18
My prediction is Manafort will get a well-deserved room in the Gray Bar Hotel for a long time.

Matt

13-Aug-18
And yet the Hill-da-beast walks free! ‘You mean like with a rag and wipe it clean’...Stupid biotch...

13-Aug-18
"He's guilty" according to many here.

That includes many here who CLAIM to be conservatives, who CLAIM to believe in and support the Constitution, but obviously do not.

Yet the defense has not even started to present its' case!

Very, very disappointing for me, at least, who believes all people deserve a fair trial without prejudice.

Seemingly and sadly, a great many so-called 'conservatives' here would rather render a judgement after only seeing the prosecution's side of things.

Manafort may or not be guilty. We don't know yet because we've not seen all of the facts.

All we know at this point is the prosecution's case and the media's spin, and I consider basing his guilt or innocence on that alone to be deplorable.

13-Aug-18
Matt,

If Manafort is found guilty I highly doubt it will be for a extended period. Trump has the final say and when this Mueller circus is over Manafort will be drinking Pina Colada's under a palm tree with 6 ft. blonds as cuff links.

13-Aug-18
Rocco,

Your scenario wouldn't surprise me in the least. That's how the swamp operates.

Matt

13-Aug-18
Yeah The swamp has been in operation for a long time...

15-Aug-18
My bet is guilty on all counts with the jury deliberating between 6 and 7 hours.

15-Aug-18
Persecution didn't prove a crime, not guilty.

15-Aug-18
Trax,

This has nothing to do with Trump, obviously.

But any port in a storm, right?

15-Aug-18
Manafort may be convicted. Or not. But nothing here implicates anyone except Manafort and Gates

17-Aug-18
Can you say, Mis=trial!!!

17-Aug-18
Link?????

17-Aug-18

'Ike' (Phone)'s Link
Just the drama going on and now this...

17-Aug-18
Two days of deliberations and No Verdict!

Hey, PutZZY!

It seems the jurors who actually heard and saw ALL of the prosecution's 'evidence' don't by your 'Slam Dunk Guilty' crap!

17-Aug-18
Imagine a world where we just saw the President of the United States praising a criminal defendant as a good man while his jury is deliberating.

And not just any criminal defendant but one who ran his campaign, helped get him elected and bought a condominium his building. Another outrageous potentially illegal comment in an endless string of outrages from Trump.

Explain how this ISNT jury tampering? I Bet you can’t.

Now imagine if Obama had done something so egregious.

17-Aug-18
"The left has gone bonkers over this." And one just came on here to prove what you said, JTV, to be true. 8^)

17-Aug-18
Hey, PutZy.

No one is a 'criminal defendant' until a jury says so.

Get a life and a brain, you moron!

17-Aug-18

17-Aug-18
False. “ A criminal defendant is a person accused of committing a crime in criminal prosecution or a person against whom some type of civil relief is being sought in a civil case.”

Kyle , please stop passing false information. You’re better than that.

17-Aug-18
PutZy,

It's clear to all you only referred to Manafort as a 'criminal defendant' because you classify him as such before the jury has weighed in.

So go pound sand, you jerk!

17-Aug-18
I think Manafort's problem is he is charged with 18 counts. The chance of him getting off with all charges are probably pretty slim. If he did get off he still has to go to Virginia for another trial. If found guilty on only one charge that could mean ten years in the slammer.

17-Aug-18
The jury has been deliberating for two days and has yet to reach a verdict.

So it would seem some jurors are not in favor of convicting Manafort while others may be in favor of convicting him.

Either way, this has NOTHING to do the 2016 election and it also has NOTHING to do with the man who became POTUS in January, 2017.

OTOH, it clearly has everything to do with the DEMS refusing to accept the results of the 2106 election.

Hypocrisy, anyone?

17-Aug-18
Paul Manafort may have to spend at most 2 yrs. in jail and he knows it. Not bad for a 60M windfall. Why do you think you see him smiling going in out of the courtroom at times. If your facing 300 yrs. the realization would overwhelm anyone. He knows the Lone Ranger is in his corner salivating to pardon him. Trump said as much yesterday when he said the Manafort trial is a disgrace. Do you believe Trump is going to worry about the fallout if and when he pardons Manafort? He thrives on these fights. Manafort will be back on the streets in his silk shirts and perfectly combed hair. Guaranteed.

The Rock

18-Aug-18
How is it not jury tampering? A jury on a high profile case would not be permitted to watch any new stories if they are even permitted to watch network TV. Things are easy to understand when one has knowledge, experience and judgment. When one is a partisan hack without a lick of sense, one makes stupid statements about jury tamping.

18-Aug-18
Solo, they're that hateful themselves.

Judge knows mueller is just trying to get Manafort to go Gates on Trump.

18-Aug-18
That’s what I was thinking, how can it not be a Mis-trial...?!?

18-Aug-18
Only if he's found not guilty of all charges.

18-Aug-18
True Thump, I’m thinking the tampering jury thing...

18-Aug-18
Could be a hung jury.

18-Aug-18
I thought we were a nation of laws?

18-Aug-18
KSflatlander,

"I thought we were a nation of laws?"

I think the operative word there is "were."

18-Aug-18

18-Aug-18
LOL, Greg!

The resemblance in appearance and stupidity is remarkable!

18-Aug-18
If Trump pardons Manafort then “were” is indeed the operative word.

18-Aug-18
KSflatlander,

How about we wait for a verdict before we think about guilt or innocence?

After all, isn't that what America is supposed to stand for?

18-Aug-18
Nva- I was replying to others that brought up the Trump pardon. Guilty or not I’m good with the verdict of his peers. Maybe you should put the person who brought it up first in check.

By the way, if Trump pardons him I’m not in agreement but he is within his powers. I acknowledge that. But yes the verdict first.

18-Aug-18
I think it will be a hung jury. The big question is what happens after that?

Mueller and the 17 angry democrats have had a rough go of things in the courts. The Flynn case keeps getting extended. Now George PapaD is asking for discovery. Russian Troll farm case has went silent.

19-Aug-18
There is no law against avoiding taxes. That's what most here do; use all the tax deductions they legally can,

Manafort is not accused of avoiding taxes. He's accused of evading taxes, which is absolutely illegal.

19-Aug-18
Solo,

So, are you saying it's OK to lie and cheat on your tax return and also OK to fail to report millions of dollars of income?

19-Aug-18
My main take away is that this was a selective enforcement. My question is how many bastards like Manafort are robbing the US Treasury while enjoying the benefits of being a citizen of the United States. Manafort, Podesta, Republican, Democrat.....I don't care. Scum needs to be prosecuted and put in prison. Break somebodies nose in a bar fight and you can end up doing five years in Denver and these guys get to treat their crimes like doing 35 in a 25.

19-Aug-18
Ghengis,

I tend to agree, but howz'about we wait to see the verdict from the jury first?

I was not in the courtroom to hear the evidence and neither were you.

The jury may make the wrong call, but at least they heard all of the testimony.

Us? We can only speculate and I, for one, am not willing to do that.

19-Aug-18
NvaGvUp, I've been following the trial closely and my take is that what Manafort was doing is "business as usual" for these characters(Manafort, Podesta....) that work internationally. Even if Mueller's team blows this case, I'm pissed. What is being described is disgusting and if it isn't against the law, we need to pass some new laws. I pay my taxes and am honest when I apply for loans and don't trade power for ill gotten money. If you want to call yourself an American, I want you paying your share too. Manafort seems to think he's special and it makes me mad.

19-Aug-18
Ghengis,

You seem to be 'assuming' what you think you know is true.

I'm not going down that road.

If Manafort did what he's charged with, then throw him in jail and throw away the key.

But the reason we have trials is because we assume innocent until proven guilty based on the facts of the case. We do not do 'trial by media' nor 'trial about what we think we know because we read stuff on the internet!'

19-Aug-18
The Manafort trial is a disgrace to our justice system. This prosecution was strictly politically motivated only for a "hope". Had Manafort had damning information and turned he would have been given immunity and would walk free. So, Manafort did exactly what he was charged with but....but what? Everyone sitting in Congress if investigated by a special counsel with unlimited powers would be charged with crimes. This is common knowledge. Why do we sit on our hands and accept this travesty, but are only all too happy to see a Manafort get what is coming to him? Must we only accept those that the government deems and selectively discovers corrupt, while hiding and protecting themselves in plain site? Is this American justice or shall I say "this IS American justice.

The Rock

20-Aug-18
And back to the OP YFP. It’s been a while since this trial started. I must be delusional, as you described it, because this is not pivotal at all. This is nothing but Mueller and his very biased team trying to get Manafort to sing or compose. None of this “tax stuff” has anything to do with Trump

20-Aug-18
Anyone who thinks the Manafort case is anything but a way to go after Trump and/or at least damage him, has their head where the sun don't shine.

Which means the only guy here who doesn't believe that is Paul Zeidamnedfool.

20-Aug-18
Think Wesley Snipes...

20-Aug-18
Manafort was a crook years ago when he was working deals w trump. Yes years ago. So if the charges stem from years ago, trump is probably involved.

Trump then hires manafort. Without a salary. Meanwhile manafort was dead broke.

Suddenly he’s in possession of tens of millions of dollars How? and he hides most of that from the IRS. Why?

Hide your head in the sand but this stinks to holy hell.

20-Aug-18
Smells just like land deals in AR and cattle futures, doesn't it?

20-Aug-18
JTV. He is as SURE about this as he was with RUSSIAN COLLUSION and OL STORMY. This has to be the ONE. 8^)))

20-Aug-18
Speaking of Stormy, whatever happened to her?

Didn't her slime ball attorney promise us MONTHS ago he had 'Trump destroying' new evidence that he was going to release momentarily?

So what ever happened to that promise, PZ?

Did she simply go back to her former job as a prostitute who performs sex for money on film, instead of in the back seat of a car or in a sleezy motel?

20-Aug-18
Hey, PuZZy!

Given you are so sure Manafort is guilty without question, answer me this:

The jury has had the case for three days and has yet to render a decision.

Why?

20-Aug-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Anatomy of a Sting: Robert Mueller Likely Used FBI and Foreign Intel to Set-Up George Papadopoulos in July 2017…

20-Aug-18

"And if you think this doesn’t mean the walls are closing in on trump, well you’re delusional."

paulicia, you still have one redeeming quality...you are a funny mofo

20-Aug-18
Stormy, someone say Stormy? I believe she’s here locally at one of the finer men’s establishments...Lol

20-Aug-18
What’s really interesting is Mueller pursues Manafort like Stormy Daniels does with her next Co Star. But yet refers Manafort’s partner Podesta (yep the brother of Hillary’s Podesta) to the SDNY.

20-Aug-18
But, but Manafort knows Trump and Trump knows Manafort...There must be Russian collusion, there must be! LMAO

Poor Trump haters...

21-Aug-18
The ONLY reason this is going on now is because of his association with trump. Had he not worked for trump, there would never have been charges or a trial on such an old case where the facts have long been known to the authorities.

Because there are so many charges, it is likely that some will be guilty, some innocent, and some undecided. That is unless at least one juror is 100% voting their bias (for or against) instead of facts of the case in which case all could end up as undecided.

It is a travesty of justice that he is held in solitary without bail regardless of guilt or innocence.

21-Aug-18
Hahaha. They’re stuck on one count. Doesn’t mean they haven’t reached a conclusion on the other 17. Manafort is going to jail. And I’m sure trump will pardon him but then he faces state charges for which trump cannot pardon him. Oh well.

Once this guilty verdict lands Mueller is going to begin firing all cylinders

He knows a thing or two about busting a mob operation. Hit them hard and fast with a few surprises in store

This is exactly what trump fears. For good reason too.

21-Aug-18
So what they’re stuck on 1 count. And so what if he’s guilty. I’ll say it again, the only reason they’re after Manafort is because he worked for Trump for 100 days. As a matter of fact they thought about charging him for these same crimes back in ‘06 but the DA couldn’t come up with enough evidence to go through with it. What’s that tell you about this situation? Sure does smell like a rat

21-Aug-18
Rich come on. He Hid. Millions in income and fraudulently took out loans. Now you have no connection to trump. What do you think would happen to you if you did the same? You would spend decades in jail and have millions in fines. Manafort deserves no less

21-Aug-18
Well...you could be a Democrat and avoid paying millions of dollars in taxes and get a pass.

21-Aug-18
but I thought Trump only hired the best people? Did trump hire a known criminal? The answer is yes. Not only that, Trump worked with this known criminal for years before he became president. What does that tell you about Trump?

You can keep saying that Manafort has nothing to do with Trump but you are dead wrong. No matter how many times you say it.

21-Aug-18
Hey, O-dummy hired Hillary...

21-Aug-18
And Paul Zedamned fool voted for her.

21-Aug-18
All the insults won’t distract anyone from the fact that Cohen is about to enter into an agreement to help the govt. the best part? It’s not even Muellers investigation that’s at work here. It’s NYS and the Soutjern District of NY.

Oh right, they’re a bunch of “angry democrats” and part of the deep state too, right?

Face it. People who know things about trump won’t be able to keep his dirty secrets much longer. Tick, tock indeed boys.

21-Aug-18
The WSJ reported on this a little bit ago. Even they admit this is probably not good for trump.

21-Aug-18
Mueller had nothing on Cohen related to Trump, so he transferred the case to the Southern NY District. Cohen's case is completely unconnected with any of the amoeboid Muller "investigation". Putzedian logic grasps for (now illegal) plastic straws.

21-Aug-18
Paul Manafort had a bad day ... a jury found him guilty of 8 counts -- 5 tax fraud charges, 1 charge of hiding foreign bank accounts and 2 counts of bank fraud -- which could land him up to 80 years behind bars. He was not acquitted on a single charge but the jury deadlocked on 10 other counts. The judge declared a mistrial on those 10 counts.

21-Aug-18
Hahaha. Oh boy.

Consider where we are:

People at the top of Trump’s business, campaign & administration confess they are *guilty* of crimes (Cohen, Gates, Flynn) or are indicted (Manafort);

Spies for the country offering collusion are indicted;

Trump resists going under oath about any of it.

Cohen specifically says “in coordination and at the direction of trump” he broke laws!

Major conspiracy here.

21-Aug-18
Ya, but JTV. Cohen is the ONE that will bring Trump down. He's 100% sure about this one, this time. 8^))))))))

21-Aug-18
Considering it’s Cohen that just said, under oath and in front of a judge, that he committed crimes at the direction of and in coordination with a candidate for federal office(or trump), Yeah. I’d say Cohen will be one of a few that will take trump down. Thanks for the reminder Jeffrey.

21-Aug-18
I’m so excited...

21-Aug-18
Me to Ike. The question is, what or who will it be tomorrow??? Tomorrow will be the," ONE " that puts the nail in the coffin. 8^)))

21-Aug-18
You guys are awesome.

I’m sorry that your hero, the “law and order” President is crooked.

But you knew he was when he ran. You knew it in your soul and you didn’t care.

Well now the walls are caving in and the proof is mounting.

So i completely understand your anger and frustration.

But it’s trump that let you down.

21-Aug-18
He is a lil giddy...Lol

21-Aug-18
^^^Surely you jest, everyone knows Dems/Libs can do no wrong....

21-Aug-18
WRT Putz...

21-Aug-18
A lot of the folks here are in denial.

21-Aug-18
JTV, You should read the indictment that Cohen pleaded guilty to today. The connection to Trump is explicit. The indictment is 22 pages long and Trump is identified as the “President of the United States.”

If you don’t think this is real, you’re a strange dude.

22-Aug-18
Manafort lied to avoid paying the IRS as much as is required. Meanwhile, the IRS targeted citizens based on political ideology.

Guess which one I think is a bigger threat to America?

If Manafort serves time, there won't be any IRS officials sitting at the same lunch table. They all get to go about their lives free and we get stuck with a multi- million dollar payout to the groups they targeted.

Manafort cheated on his taxes? There aren't enough prisons to house everyone who has done that. Doesn't mean its ok but Government corruption falls way higher on my list of scary stuff.

• Sitka Gear