bigeasygator 06-Sep-18
Rocky 06-Sep-18
'Ike' (Phone) 10-Sep-18
memengako 10-Sep-18
Rocky 10-Sep-18
Annony Mouse 10-Sep-18
28-Aug-18

Will's Link
I was very surprised to see this cross my FakeBook feed this AM. http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/08/22/fox-news-poll-democrats-maintain-lead-in-race-for-house.html

My gut on the mid terms has been that while there's lots of bluster about the mid terms, that it would end up pretty much as is in terms of seat numbers per party. I was surprised reading this to see there still appeared to be such Democrat trending data when looking ahead to November.

I know 95% of the CF is rooting hard for a "red" wave, and it seems a lot of you folks live in very "red" areas... This made me curious if you all are seeing this sort of trend, or not?

Again, I was surprised. For all the "Blue Wave" talk, I have been pretty confident it was NOT happening and that it would at best be neutral... This poll, really surprised me.

28-Aug-18
Generic national polls are not that telling. Some areas, like NY, will be 80% Democrat, skewing the totals. Far more accurate will be the local or state numbers. That being said, yes, Trump is a polarizing figure as was Obama.

28-Aug-18
I don't believe half the polls but history shows us that the party in power loses a lot of seats. Why anybody would vote Democrat when their leadership is still pining for the Obama years totally surprises me. We shall see.

28-Aug-18
I think both sides are reading things wrong. There is a pool of anti-Trump, and about an equal pool of pro-Trump, then there's the rest of us. Where we want things fixed. My view, for now, Trump is doing it and doing it well. He needs more support not less, so get people in there that will not fight him just to fight him.

My second guess is if the Dems win seats, they will suddenly STOP talking impeachment, they know he's done nothing impeachable and they know they will lose in the end, It's like the R's under Obama, where they voted over and over to defund Obama-care, KNOWING it would fail. Once Trump was in office they didn't pull that trigger.

The minority party likes talking a big game knowing it's all bluster and can't happen, once it can, they change tacts.

28-Aug-18
Capt Obvious would say after the 2016 election be cautious of polls...even FNC polls. That said....I see/sense a similar climate leading up to the 2016 election. Quiet folks seem to be quiet about the upcoming election and they went and/or broke for then candidate Trump. Prez Trump isn't running this election but a TV pundit repeated the old comment "it's about the economy stupid". If that is true and the quiet folks vote that way...I can see the blue wave claim turn out to be not much of anything. The problem for the Dems/Libs is they do not have anything to offer that will improve most regular folks lives that Prez Trump is not already doing or done. That is why many smart Repub Congressional candidates are clamoring to get Trump's endorsement. For the Dems/Libs...impeach Trump is not a policy. If the blue wave peters out....Youtube should have another round of great meltdown vids.

28-Aug-18
"Democrats" may have an edge, but Independents are the outlier. Most people are happy with the Economic surge, and do not want a reversal right now. So, with unemployment at a record low, hopefully the working class will dominate the midterms.

Snowflakes may not make it out of their Parent's basement, for just a MidTerm election. I'm hoping this will be another November Surprise. Social media is already working overtime to suppress the impending "red wave".

28-Aug-18
republicans lose senate keep house is my prediction...if they would have done something they coulda held both...

28-Aug-18
The will definitely hold the Senate but it will be close in the house.

28-Aug-18
Winning: Another winning plank in the Democrat Party Platform:

Quota-Mad Democrats Require Gender-Equal Committees

Quota-mad Democrats, deranged by their Cultural Marxist devotion to identity politics, have imposed on themselves a rule that all committees must have equal numbers of men and women, with the variance between them not exceeding 1.

Fortunately, there is an out, in case the most qualified candidates do not magically happen to be proportionally distributed between the sexes. Committee members can “identify” as whichever gender they choose. Those who self-identify as gender nonbinary don’t count as men or women.

Barks DNC chairmoonbat Tom Perez:

“By adopting this amendment, the Democratic National Committee is ensuring every Democrat feels welcome and embraced for who they are.”

No, not for who they are. They are only embraced for what category they go in. Who they are entails the more meaningful qualifications that progressives discard in favor of gender and race quotas.

“This action reaffirms our solidarity with the LGBTQ community and challenges governments, employers, and organizations across the country to do the same.”

If local governments, employers, and organizations fail to meet this challenge, coercion will presumably be applied as necessary, just as soon as Perez et al. are in a position to impose it.

So far as I know, there are no explicit requirements regarding the percentage of committees that must be represented by blacks, sexual deviants, those with disabilities, Muslims, homeless people, Eskimos, albinos, et cetera. At least, not yet.

On a tip from Becky in Washington.

28-Aug-18
With kids going back to school, we have been bombarded with anti-bullying messages.

Bullying has never been so rampant in my lifetime.

Conservatives, or anyone who expresses support for trump are being bullied by leftists, the media, social media, etc.

I am hoping that they take their revenge at the polls in November.

29-Aug-18
To close to call, besides I’ll be on POW chasing deer! ;-)

06-Sep-18
The notion of a political elite is exactly why Trump won

Sometimes the news media inadvertently gets to the heart of the truth.

It’s rare, I know.

And it is never intended.

But it happens.

And after yesterday’s Funeral/Anti-Trump rally, the AP had a moment of unvarnished honesty.

The Associated Press ? @AP

President Donald Trump is spending time at his Virginia golf course while the nation's political elite are gathered at Sen. John McCain's memorial service.http://apne.ws/Edf5i5O 11:47 AM - Sep 1, 2018

Now, the AP’s objective here wasn’t to land on the truth.

No, the objective was to attack the President for having the temerity not to spend his Saturday donning sackcloth and ashes over the funeral of John McCain.

But in their attempt to attack President Trump, the AP landed on exactly why Donald Trump won the election to begin with.

Note the juxtaposition here.

“President Trump” versus “the nation’s political elite.”

There it is, right there.

This is the exact juxtaposition that got Donald J. Trump elected President.

As a Representative Republic whose entire design is self-government, the notion of a political elite is repugnant to us. Or it should be.

It runs counter to our Constitution.

And it is exactly why voters rallied to Donald J. Trump.

We’re sick and tired of Washington acting as if they are our betters.

In order to have an “elite,” one must also have “second-rate” or “inferior” citizens — or “commoners” if you will. (or better known by the elite and media as the "deplorables" jack ;o) )

No matter what the news media and those entrenched politicians think, we’re not a monarchy.

And we have no aristocracy.

In fact, we fought a Revolution to rid ourselves of that kind of nonsense.

This tweet from the AP only confirms how completely tone deaf Washington and the political press are.

On what planet is promoting the notion that America has a political elite a good idea?

The Kennedys, the Bushes, the Clintons — we rejected political dynasties in 2016.

And rather than acknowledge that rejection, the AP – as well as other news outlets – continue to push for American dynastic rule.

continued at link

06-Sep-18
Was it from the same polls that said Hillary was a sure win right up until 8pm on election eve?

06-Sep-18

bigeasygator's Link
The Iowa Electronic Markets for the 2018 Midterms has the Republicans losing the house but holding/gaining in the Senate. They've got a few markets (one where you can bet on Senate control, one where you can bet on House control, and one that you can bid on control of Congress) open where you can bid on some different contracts around the results:

- Republicans losing the House is selling for $.77 (Republicans holding the House is listed at $.16) - - Republicans gaining or holding the Senate are selling at $.33 and $.44 respectively, whereas Dem control of the Senate is selling for $.21 - And a "Democrats control House, Republicans control Senate" contract in the market related to the control of Congress is selling for $.66 with the next highest contract in that market (Republicans controlling both the House and the Senate) selling for $.12

Whichever scenario plays out will pay the contract holder $1.00.

06-Sep-18
Don't believe YOUR lyin' eyes and what they see or what YOUR lyin' ear's may hear.

This is a once in a lifetime election where we can hold the ground that we have taken and that can be pulled off IF we take it seriously and are not tired of winning.

All the fun we are having will go right down the drain. Don't believe this "every party loses seats" BS. Every party loses seats because they believe the BS they are being fed.

D O N 'T T A K E A C H A N C E. Look forward to voting this year as if it was Christmas. Think of it as winning the lottery and get your a$$ off the sofa and to the polls. Forget about EVERYTHING for one damned day in your life and invest in your children's future.

V O T E. Start counting the days as if it was opening day for archery. Get serious about the important things in your life.

S T O P T H E S E L O O N E Y T U N E S . They want to destroy your life and the lives of your family. Stand up and be a man who will sacrifice EVERYTHING for the good of this country you claim to love so much. V O T E. Make believe it is a NFL football game that you love so much. Get there. No excuses. Think about being the loser that these goofball posters on this site have been calling you.

We will see.

The Rock

V O T E.

The Rock

10-Sep-18

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

10-Sep-18
I voted for Reagan then I turned independent after Geo. H. W. Bush. I've been researching candidates specially state and local campaigners. Since 2015, all surveys and phone solicitations, I tell them I am voting democrats just to skew their data. BTW, don't sent money to united way. They support the PLANNED murdering of fetuses.

10-Sep-18
...and it continues. The killer in sheep's clothing: Complacency. You're the polls not those asking who you are. Don't believe anything that the media tells you and don't predict as if you are an expert. When your boot is upon the throat of your enemy step down hard and vanquish the threat forever. The liberals have the upper hand as we speak and are going to change the face of Congress. Keep that thought at the forefront of your apprehension and fear.

Another fallacy being bandied around with laughter by Conservatives: The Dems don't have a message. They are going to live and die on the powerful message that is going to supercede the economy: HEATH CARE. That is all they have but what many people don't have and could swing this election. Take heed.

The Rock

10-Sep-18
Take a clue from the Democrats: vote early and vote often. ;o)

Wonder what would happen if California's votes were challenged due to the increased possibility of ILLEGALS voting. Recent news has shown that there are some major problems with their automatic voting registration with their drivers licenses. Even LEGAL residents were shown to have problems.

Note: all caps to assist our resident professional troll's comprehension.

• Sitka Gear