itshot 02-Sep-18
Rupe 03-Sep-18
Tiger eye 03-Sep-18
30-Aug-18
Yes!!!!!!!!

30-Aug-18
I hope they loose there A$$.

30-Aug-18
I begrudgingly bought my license there this year as I did not have a good choice on where to get it. I told the women clerk I wasn’t happy with Dick’s over that issue and cut my purchases there to the license only. She told me her own son won’t purchase anything there also

Bill v

30-Aug-18
Have not been there in over nine years.

30-Aug-18
How has it affected Field and Stream ??

30-Aug-18
Still being published

30-Aug-18
Ha !!!! The store !!!

01-Sep-18
My AOBC (old S&W) stock blasted off yesterday. I was glad to see Dick's mismanagement didn't have long term effects on AOBC stock. I would not want to own Dick's stock right now.

01-Sep-18
Well I guess that's what happens when you're being a Dick, and a spineless one at that!

01-Sep-18

bigeasygator's embedded Photo

bigeasygator's Link
My guess is that Dick’s issues are much bigger than gun sales. Retail in general is hurting. Here’s a 3-year chart of their stock price. There issues started well before they pulled ARs from the shelves. They’ve been returning about what the market has in 2018.

Even if they were selling ARs, I doubt it would have moved the needle on the top or bottom line. The gun industry is seeing a “Trump Slump” right now. While Republicans are better for our 2A rights, that security hurts gun sales. From the WSJ article linked...

“Smith & Wesson parent company American Outdoor Brands Corp. said falling demand for its AR-style rifles caused revenue from long guns to fall 50% to $90 million for the year ended April 30, compared with the previous fiscal year.

Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc. reported a 13.5% drop in firearms net sales for the first six months of the year compared with a year earlier. The company doesn’t break down sales by type of firearms, but it sells AR-15-style rifles.

With no available industrywide sales data, background checks provide a rough measure of the decline in overall firearm sales. The checks fell 11% in 2017 from a record in 2016, according to an analysis of data from the Federal Bureau of Investigation by the National Shooting Sports Foundation, an industry group.”

01-Sep-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo

JL's Link
Here is AOBC's numbers yesterday. The forward guidance was real good. Will need to see if that translates to other firearms makers and firearms related parts manufactures. Someone said in one of the comments sections.....David Hogg isn't going to like this.

01-Sep-18
"Dick’s was one of the first retailers to stop selling assault rifles"

Except that they never sold any assault rifles - except in the imagination of leftists.

01-Sep-18
BINGO! Henry for the win........!!!

01-Sep-18

I’m sure AOBC shareholders are relieved to get a bit of positive news. Been a tough ride for them. Stock returned -50% last year in what has been a hot economy and a hot market. The current $14 price per share is still well below the $20+ price the stock had at the beginning of 2017. I’m sure a few people bought the bottom and are real happy now.

01-Sep-18
Unfortunately I bought some a little above $20 and should have sold at $24....but woulda, shoulda, coulda. Will do ok with the bunch from $9.60-something. There's an old saying about bears, bulls and pigs. Hopefully the spineless retail stores that bailed out of certain gun markets are gone and what's left are the stores that are loyal to the 2A.

02-Sep-18
Get one of each. No regrets then.

02-Sep-18
Good thinking! 3 things you can never have enough of......Money, Guns, and Horsepower!

02-Sep-18
I recommend those who are stuck holding Dick's stock, take one blue pill every 4 hours....:)

02-Sep-18
hmmm.....has this happened before? nahhhh....

03-Sep-18
I'm not surprised BEG is a fan of "dicks"!

03-Sep-18
BEG IRT you financial posts above, I'm sure sales are down for all firearms across the board for all manufacturers from 2016. With Hillary polling as well as she was, alot of folks were doing pre-emptive buying. That had obviously cooled once Trump won.

Secondly, though the sale of forearms is only a fraction of total in store sales, it may be interesting to note how many sportsman are purchasing other items, baseball gloves, tennis rackets etc from other retailers in response to the ban.

Businesses should stick to business and stay out of politics.

• Sitka Gear