HDE 05-Sep-18
Mike B 06-Sep-18
Tonybear61 06-Sep-18
HA/KS 06-Sep-18
HDE 06-Sep-18
South Farm 06-Sep-18
MT in MO 06-Sep-18
30-Aug-18
unfortunately the world is full of the useless eaters.....their population seems to be growing in fact. This country has a huge number of them.....

30-Aug-18
Population control. I hate to say it, but you should have to have a license to have a kid. So many kids born into no win situations just for a bigger welfare check. Sucks all around

30-Aug-18
"...but you should have to have a license to have a kid."

No, just the less affluent have mandatory sterlization. Same thing, and with socilaized medicine it's easy...

30-Aug-18
You are allowed one kid on welfare and in order to get it you must be have a norplant installed.

30-Aug-18
If I live to be 120...... Does that include 40 years of sitting in an old folks home crapping in my pants ?? No thanks.

31-Aug-18
Genesis 1:28 God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and every creature that crawls upon the earth."

A lot of us have forgotten the "Be fruitful" part, but that in no way means we have any right to pick and choose who lives, who dies, and who ever gets the chance to do either. The ironic thing about this whole limiting overpopulation argument...just like Reagan said back in the 80's while addressing the abortion issue...everyone that's for it is already here! lol!

31-Aug-18
that is wrong on so many levels it's mind boggling.

31-Aug-18
South farm! I gave a quiver full, number four will be here any day. Psalm 127:4-5

03-Sep-18
I wish the people that are so adamant about population control and over population would set an example and off themselves. It’s always somebody else that’s too many.

05-Sep-18
I can tell you this, I graduated college in 1992. There was one class that EVERY person had to take to graduate. I honestly can't remember the name of the class, but by far, the biggest topic of the class was "The Population Bomb". This class was the precursor to the global warming hoax. My take away from the class, Humans = Bad, go kill yourself....

I called BS the first day of class and never paid much attention after that. Studied just enough to pass the class. Which was very little when you consider that EVERY STUDENT had to pass the class to graduate. They couldn't make it too hard.....

05-Sep-18
In full disclosure, I clicked the link, and was greeted by a pop up noting "censorship is hurting conservative voices like this..." or something like that. I then sipped my coffee, clicked the red x box in the top right of my browser and decided that the text above would do. So perhaps in the video was something interesting... But when I've already noticed that the location of the information was most likely solidly biased, I found myself skeptical enough that I just moved to reading the info above.

The irony I felt, was that it (reading the stuff above) was like I was reading propaganda from someone to the left of Bernie Sanders. "The elites are coming, the elites are coming. They have everything. That's not fair. They are going to decimate us and play us for fools..." (In no location does it say that, I'm using that to describe what it sounds like to me)

That all said, KPC seems to have watched the vid, and assuming what he notes is correct, then that would be a very clear example of why NON-MSM "information" sources are the genesis of FakeNews in many cases.

That all said, I'm all for the increased use of birth control and education about or assistance with the use of contraception. Makes sense on every applied level I can see. Not so much from the sense of managing population control, but of maximizing allocation of things like - jobs, food, education, transportation in the years to come.

05-Sep-18

KSflatlander's embedded Photo
KSflatlander's embedded Photo
If you think the isn't a human population problem then...well I guess I don't know what to say. There is a human carrying capacity to the world and if we don't slow down human population growth then future generations will have to deal with the consequences. When? Nobody knows for sure. Likely will not happen in our lifetime but a population crash inevitable of human growth rate doesn't slow down. How you slow it down is very debatable. Animals with growth curves like this often see a crash that is just as steep. Eeesh!

The graph sources is BBC.

05-Sep-18
We don't need to do anything. Nature will take care of it. I'm not saying there aren't people who should NEVER have kids, God knows there's some damn deadbeats that don't deserve a child, but whenever anyone suggests we pick winners and losers as to who gets life and who doesn't then I say you've crossed the line...and if you're truly worried for "future generations", why don't you put your money where your mouth is and go jump headfirst off a cliff. There, one less person!

05-Sep-18
Good one South Farm. Does burying your head in the sand work for your other problems? Nature will take care of it but along with that comes some great suffering for all at some point in the future. I don't think we have to choose who gets life and who doesn't. Slowing down the world population growth rate is the only way to truly fix it. That doesn't mean kill people or pick who gets life and who doesn't. It's a humanity problem undeniably and nobody has a good answer but that doesn't mean we should just forget about it. But too shay...I have kids so I have contributed to the problem. Beat you to it...lol.

05-Sep-18
The only suffering is going to be giving up something that's yours, such as a second home, property, public land, endangered species'...

Lots of space out there and when push comes to shove, nobody will care about whether or not a grizzly bear or wolf becomes extinct...

05-Sep-18
I'm not sure I follow HDE? What does endangered species have to do with this? Governments, laws, and civilization would break down long before?

Carrying capacity is more than just the amount of land or space. I agree there is a lot of land that could be occupied but that's not carrying capacity. If there were too many people we could just limit everyone to 4 sq ft of land but that doesn't mean you can live in 4 sq. ft. If one runs this overpopulation thing out it's not inconceivable that the suffering will be neighbors fighting over resources. Man, that wouldn't be happy times...back to cave men.

05-Sep-18
KS, I appreciate the sentiments you share, however have you ever considered the difficulties involved with convincing the 16 - ? aged crowd to keep their britches on when in intimate situations?

To reproduce is among the most basic, and strongest instincts of every animal, including humans. Sterilization at birth will never fly (nor should it), and "birth control" doesn't appear to be making much of a dent in the continued increase in population.

The planet may reach it's max capacity to support life, and if so the population will suffer as a result. Population becomes weak and unhealthy, and a plague of some sort follows killing off a huge percentage of the population. Mother Nature can be cruel, but she is also efficient.

Then, the planet will heal and it all begins again...

05-Sep-18
Well said Mike. I completely agree with all you said. I think war or disease will make a correction eventually. Like I said there is no easy fix for this as procreation is the purpose...like you pointed out.

Convincing teenager boys to stop...well, doing what they do. I'm not sure on that one. I just threatened them in my gun room when they came to pick the daughter up for a date. She is 22 now and there was no teenage pregnancy at my house...success...I like to tell myself that.

05-Sep-18
Is not population growth already slowing, with some predicting a decline beginning before 2100?

As wealth increases in developing countries, families will have fewer kids like most European nation's, Japan etc.

Fertility rates I thought are also on the decline.

Thomas Malthus was wrong IMHO, food supplies outstripped the rate of population growth. JMHO, I don't think this will be a problem.

05-Sep-18
KSflat - What I mean is that when times get lean, humans will ensure of their survival first even if it means to erradicate a species to open land for agriculture, shelter, or fuel/energy. Humans will not be worried about a cuddly critter first in bad and lean times.

Carrying capacity also relates to a natural ecosystem. Our species, through technological advancement, has skewed that into a new reality - we can curb the effects of some natural disasters as we are not hunter/gatherers anymore.

At the end of the day it boils down to what you believe, science and man or an omnipotent being. If the later, then that plan will play out regardless. If the former, we'll mass erradicate ourselves anyway before it gets out of hand and reset the game to "ready player 1". In the meantime - pop a top, it's quitting time!

05-Sep-18
10-4 HDE. I agree...reset ready player 1

05-Sep-18
Well the population will explode once RoevWade is overturned. Make room!

05-Sep-18
That was a really dumb comment YFP.

05-Sep-18
Once again. He has nothing. 8^)))

05-Sep-18
Wouldn’t it be true though?

05-Sep-18
Wow Paul the truth comes out! Is that the reason liberals put so many Planned Parenthood centers in minority communities? Hate to think liberals are that racist and all!

05-Sep-18
Nah. I’ve always thought that it was a decision between a woman and her doctor. But since most of you are experts and no more, how about the next time your doctor says you need a procedure, someone says nope, that’s against my religion!”

05-Sep-18
Bill Gates?? Isn't his Dad the founder of Planned parent hood? Bill has given speeches about population reduction using vaccines?? Most folks consider vaccines to be life saving treatments. Some stats indicate about 38% of pregnancies in 1980s were aborted, supposed to be about 16-18% now. I call that a move in the right direction.

As a Christian and a member of a 11 child family I firmly believe in going forth and populating the world with good people. I didnt get my chance til later in life but no doubt my two kids will grow to be great adults. They already have achieved a lot.

With all the evil forces at work here on earth; in heaven and hell why not fill earth with as many good people as it will handle?? Good peepstake care of their home, develop means to make it a better place. The advances in food production, disease prevention have been astronomical since 1 AD, just counting people with no reference to their value is useless. The predictions from the 60s (Ehrlich) were wrong. Allowing women to have as many babies as they wanted, he said, is akin to letting everyone “throw as much of their garbage into their neighbor’s backyard as they want.” Yeah great way to insult my folks Ehrlich. Mom is till alive nearing 95 with over 195 direct descendants, none in jail, all living productive self-supporting lives, many in the medical industry, some farmers, geologist, judge, attorney, safety directors, actuary, welder, plumber electrician, dentist, vet you know typical low lifes from big familes...

As a hunter and fisherman I have seen much better hunting now than I did as a teenage growing up. Just look at the successes of the American model of conservation, turkeys, wooducks, cranes,swans,eagles, antelope, deer, deer did I say deer have all come back. Fires no longer burn on the Ohio river, cars run cleaner fuel than ever, solar, wind, water power as well as clean NG is all over the US (now one of the biggest exporters). I have worked with folks of just about every race ,creed religion and orientation, many get along just great.

Kenneth Watt ,Barry Commoner, Peter Gunder, George Wald, predictions were proven to be very wrong. Same thing for Al Gore more recently

So stop it with the doomsday crap, its time for the enlightenment and celebrating humans achievements. Yeah more work to do but I have every faith we will get there once those profiting from the doomsday news are called out and removed from any positions of power.

05-Sep-18
"Nah. I’ve always thought that it was a decision between a woman and her doctor."

And thus we see the very fabric of why society has degenerated into the pit of slime it has become. The very erosion of the family unit...

06-Sep-18

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo

06-Sep-18
If you want more silliness look at Calif Prop 65 and the 800 items on the reproductive, cancer risk. They had to fight to get coffee off of the list. Some dumb researcher found a risk by using coffee at a concentration, temperature not fit for human consumption.

Same can be said about the fish consumption advisories. Yep grind up the whole fish including the parts people don't eat and you find some contaminants. Don't even get me started on the poor evidence surrounding lead in venison, also a reproductive issue. Higher lead levels in general population than the study candidates, plus no ZPP (the measure of lead metabolization in the body, demonstrating a possible risk). So they threw out all the donated venison, keeping starving folks away from precious protein, including meat donated by archers since they weren't tracking how it was harvested..

That's science put to miss use...government based health care.

06-Sep-18
Tony,

I have never heard of lead in venison. Where is it supposedly coming from? The deer drinking water from Lake Erie? LOL.

06-Sep-18
I once read a comment that the only commandment of God that people kept was "Be fruitful and multiply" and they broke that one as soon as they found a way.

06-Sep-18
Leadership for deer (venison) usually comes from the oldest and most experienced doe (or cow for elk), commonly called "the lead doe or cow".

Bucks and bulls just follow along.

06-Sep-18
Sorry guys, lol. Corrected. Auto-fill and I did not proof.

06-Sep-18
"Well said Mike. I completely agree with all you said. I think war or disease will make a correction eventually. "

There, see, we agree! Only I said "nature" rather than disease, but you catch my drift.

And for the record, us humans will be fighting over water WAY BEFORE the fight for land space ever becomes a major issue...so maybe we should be more concerned with that subject. No viable water, no life..

06-Sep-18
If I recall correctly, the lead that Tony is talking about was deposited in the venison by the hunters who shot them with lead bullets. Really...That is what the anti-gunners/hunters sold to the public officials who decided to destroy all the meat instead of giving it to the poor...lots of stupid people in the world...

• Sitka Gear