Sitka Gear
Antitrust Investigation around the bend?
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Will 31-Aug-18
Ace 31-Aug-18
Annony Mouse 31-Aug-18
bigeasygator 31-Aug-18
KSflatlander 01-Sep-18
Shuteye 01-Sep-18
slade 01-Sep-18
bigeasygator 01-Sep-18
Will 01-Sep-18
31-Aug-18
What's YT?

What is the trust needing to be broken up? There are alternative options - that dont work as well and have not successfully marketed - to this point. The internet has many options. Is the idea that there is a left wing conspiracy to push left oriented agenda's via SM and search engines thus they should be subject to anti-trust investigation?

31-Aug-18
YT is YouTube Will.

Check out DuckDuckGo.com if you want a search engine with more privacy.

31-Aug-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Cross posted...worth reading the link as it applies to this thread.

Interesting and, IMHO, a valid POV:

Lee Smith: FaceBook, Google, and Twitter are Not Platforms But Publishers and Should, Therefore, Not Have the Special Protections for Neutral Platforms in the Communications Decency Act

His article was recently flagged by FaceBook as "spam," as so many articles written by conservative-leaning journalists are these days. (see link)

31-Aug-18
I guess we’re going to just ignore all that probable cause stuff that goes along with a just signing a warrant? Lol plus, antitrust, in simple terms, deals with limiting and stifling competition...if there was a coordinated effort to silence conservative voices I don’t see how that would in any way be related to antitrust law violations.

01-Sep-18
I thought conservatives wanted limited government? Now you want big brother to regulate private companies and the internet. Free market right? I thought I heard several here say to just “turn the channel” if you don’t like it.

01-Sep-18
Laura Ingraham says she uses Bing for a search engine.

01-Sep-18
Speaking of pontificating with little or no regard to the actual meaning....

01-Sep-18
“People throw terms like antitrust, treason, Ponzi scheme, etc. around willy nilly, with little or no regard to their actual meaning.”

Bingo. And unfortunately, it starts at the top these days. And you’re spot on, KPC. The answer is not government intervention. As you rightly point out, it’s a market opportunity if anything.

01-Sep-18
Ace, thanks for the clarification on YT, I appreciate it!

KPC, fully agree with that post about 3-4 up of yours, the longer one.

• Sitka Gear