TD 04-Sep-18
Annony Mouse 05-Sep-18
Amoebus 06-Sep-18
Annony Mouse 10-Sep-18
Woods Walker 10-Sep-18
pipe 10-Sep-18
pipe 10-Sep-18
31-Aug-18
Putz is chomping at the bit to show this in his classroom....

Neil Armstrong Movie ‘First Man’ Omits American Flag Being Planted On Moon, Canadian Ryan Gosling Defends Decision: ‘Transcends Countries’

Neil Armstrong Movie ‘First Man’ Omits American Flag Being Planted On Moon, Canadian Ryan Gosling Defends Decision: ‘Transcends Countries’

Human achievement? What other ‘humans’ have landed on the moon?

Via BI:

The upcoming Neil Armstrong biopic “First Man,” from “Whiplash” and “La La Land” director Damien Chazelle, premiered at the Venice Film Festival on Wednesday to rave reviews and early Oscar buzz. But the movie doesn’t include a key scene in Armstrong’s mission to the moon and an integral moment in American history.

The movie omits the American flag being planted on the moon, and the movie’s star Ryan Gosling, who plays Armstrong, defended the decision when asked about it at Venice (via The Telegraph).

Gosling, who’s Canadian, argued that the first voyage to the moon was a “human achievement” that didn’t just represent an American accomplishment, and that’s how Armstrong viewed it.

“I think this was widely regarded in the end as a human achievement [and] that’s how we chose to view it,” Gosling. “I also think Neil was extremely humble, as were many of these astronauts, and time and time again he deferred the focus from himself to the 400,000 people who made the mission possible.”

Keep reading…

31-Aug-18
Lame. It was an amazing accomplishment and certainly one to be proud of as a country...

31-Aug-18
Marketing decision. Most revenue comes from overseas these days.

01-Sep-18
At the time, you would have been hard-pressed to find a single American who objected or even thought twice about it.

How far we have fallen, yet some refuse to believe (or admit) that anything has actually changed.

01-Sep-18
Thank God Hillary Clinton didn't win. We can recover if Republicans get out and vote.

01-Sep-18
Things have changed off the farm, I agree. Some for the better, some not. Being rigid prevents a person from knowing the difference.

03-Sep-18
Coming soon!

Hollywood Movie About Iwo Jima

Starring Ryan Gosling??

03-Sep-18
they want to erase the civil war, the revolutionary war and now the moon landing.

04-Sep-18
Putz has nothing to say about this because he hasn't found a suitable Twitter post to copy and say it for him. Ha!

04-Sep-18
Let's not forget the time Buzz punches a guy out who called him a coward and a liar for saying he walked on the moon.

Note: This is the short version, Buzz had endured several minutes of this clown before he finally had enough.

04-Sep-18
I agree with you, Will. I believe this is one of our two greatest technological achievements as a country (the other being the splitting of the atom).

04-Sep-18
I guess denying the lunar landing all together hasn't worked out for the left. So let's bastardize it to the point that it is "fake news".

04-Sep-18
I had heard NASA did it as an Islamist outreach program........

05-Sep-18

06-Sep-18
BEG -"(the other being the splitting of the atom)"

Not so sure we can claim credit for that one...Maybe, harnessing the splitting of an atom into a bomb is ours...

10-Sep-18
Disney Rebooting ‘Party of Five’ with Deportation Plot and an Immigrant Family

The Disney-owned cable network Freeform is set to reboot the popular 1990s family drama Party of Five, but this time the family at the heart of the show will be a family of illegal aliens.

Freeform announced the re-make of the drama that aired for six seasons from 1994 to 2000, but with a twist on the “missing parents” theme of the show, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

In the original series, the five young people who starred had become orphaned when their parents died in a car accident. The series then chronicled the siblings’ efforts to cope with the loss and to continue on as a family with the eldest son in charge. But in the re-make of the series, Freeform announced that instead of being killed in a car accident, the Mexican immigrant family’s mother and father would have been deported back to Mexico leaving their illegal alien children to cope without them here in the U.S.

(continued)

10-Sep-18
"Not so sure we can claim credit for that one...Maybe, harnessing the splitting of an atom into a bomb is ours..."

And thank God it WAS us! Can you imagine if Hitler, Stalin, or Hirohito did it first?

10-Sep-18
It was completely an American effort and victory... It was Americans Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger B Chaffee and other Americans (I don't know of any other countries stepping in at that time) that always take the lead in the world,...and sacrifice all...to lead all mankind to the greatest of achievements

10-Sep-18
What a movie and statement that could be with that simple recreation of the American Flag being Ceremoniously raised on the moon

• Sitka Gear