Zbone 07-Sep-18
Hunting5555 07-Sep-18
MK111 07-Sep-18
KSflatlander 07-Sep-18
JD 07-Sep-18
Seapig@work 10-Sep-18
nowheels 10-Sep-18
06-Sep-18
Old Burt Reynolds died at 82. Smokey finally caught him.

06-Sep-18
That just popped up in my news feed. As corny as it is, that's still one of my favorite movies. I wonder how many teenage boys in the late 70s - early 80s dreamed of owning a black Trans Am? I certainly did!

RIP Bandit

06-Sep-18
RIP Burt...... He had so many botched plastic surgeries that he was hardly recognizable..... An example of why not to do it.

06-Sep-18
Just watched a movie of his last week on amazon...... his very last movie I'd guess..... "The Last Movie Star" was almost a documentary. An aging actor in his last days, reflective..... bitter at times. A real jerk at others. But a better movie than I thought it was going to be. They used many old scenes from his past movies in it. (including some from Smokey and the Bandit) You could sense it was his last reflective, introspective, farewell. Check it out if you get a chance, not bad. Lifetime Achievement Award ' at the "Nashville Film Festival".... LOL

RIP.

06-Sep-18
East bound & down........Godspeed Mr. Reynolds!

06-Sep-18
He rolled out in the original promotional Bandit 1977 Trans Am at the Barrett Jackson auction last year. It sold for $550,000.

06-Sep-18
Smokey and the Bandit is my 12 year old sons favorite movie. I saw it with my dad at a drive in when it came out. Watched Deliverance the other day.

06-Sep-18
Deliverance is an excellent movie.....I really liked the archery part.....

06-Sep-18
He completed the longest yard.

I hope the end zone is sweet.

06-Sep-18
Good movies.

"Only two things I am afraid of, the women and the police".

RIP Burt.

06-Sep-18
Wonder if it was hard for him to be called Gator when he was a ‘Nole?

;-)

06-Sep-18
"That just popped up in my news feed. As corny as it is, that's still one of my favorite movies. I wonder how many teenage boys in the late 70s - early 80s dreamed of owning a black Trans Am? I certainly did!"

Don't know the answer to that. However, I can say for me, I dreamed more about getting me my very own Sally Fields. :^)

06-Sep-18
I did as well, that's where the TransAm would come in handy :-)

06-Sep-18
may have to buy some Coors.....RIP

06-Sep-18
I will never forget. I saw Smokey and the Bandit when I was too young to realize it had curse words in it!!!!

This is the honest truth.... I got to see it because my dad's hunting buddy had killed a deer with his bow. That was back when that was still a VERY RARE occurrence in our area of Southern Illinois. It was a Saturday evening and it was on at the theater in town. Dad and his buddy were butchering the deer and the buddy's kids were going to see it so they let me tag along. Funny how it has ties to bowhunting for me!

And I would still love to have a 1978 Trans Am!!!

06-Sep-18
Meh, I was always a Z28 kinda guy. :-)

06-Sep-18
Burt Reynolds told the story about when Clint Eastwood and himself auditioned for the part in a movie when they were young coming out of the chute. Reynolds claimed the director told Clint that his adam's apple was too big for the silver screen and he would never make it. They looked at each other and both laughed and then the director pointed to Reynold's and said..." and you...you simply can't act". Reynolds then goes on to say in the story..... " I think we both made out pretty good."

The Rock

06-Sep-18
Owned two black Trans Ams...a76 and a 78. Used to make fast trips up to the fishing cabin back then! Rip Burt.......

06-Sep-18

DL's Link
Him and Don Delouese were quit a pair. Take out clips from their movies were great

06-Sep-18
And let’s not forget Jackie Gleason in Smokie and the Bandit....... He made that movie hilarious........

07-Sep-18
One of the few people (Tom Selleck, Sam Elliott come to mind...) who looked odd without a mustache.... like in Deliverance.... (Of which there were also scenes in "The Last Movie Star")

07-Sep-18
As much as I liked Smokey and the Bandit, for pure laugh out loud fun, Cannonball Run is my favorite. Godspeed, Bandit.

07-Sep-18
Don't forget his roll as Quint Asper on Gunsmoke.

He played a halfbreed that became the town blacksmith.

07-Sep-18
Sad to hear!

07-Sep-18

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Since we're all bowhunters, the Leatherwallers posted this.. I actually remember it, I think it was on Johnny Carson after Deliverance...

07-Sep-18
Was watching the show about the Smokey and the Bandit backstory. They said that Jackie Gleason had no scripted lines in the whole movie. They would tell him the jest of the scene and turn him loose. The only scene where him and Burt were together was in the truck stop scene. Jackie really did spit on Burt's face during the scene. If you remember, Burt reaches up and wipes his cheek off. Burt didn't want to be in another scene with him because of it. They only had 3 Trans Am's for the whole filming. Saved the big bridge jump for the last scene filmed and totaled out the last Trans Am.

07-Sep-18
He was one of the great. About 30 yrs ago I went on vacation to FL. My ex SIL did house cleaning and she cleaned the house next door to Bert Reynolds. The owner gave us permission to walk the beach after dark and the sea turtles were in laying eggs. We seen couple turtles dig their holes, lay their eggs and cover the holes shut. Did you know that turtles cry when they are laying eggs? Real neat experience.

Bert didn't come out to visit.

07-Sep-18
When I was around 10 (~1980), I was at the Kansas Bowhunters Convention with my father at the Holiday Inn in Hutchison, KS. A few of us kids were playing some pool in the rec area. I looked up from the pool game and the "Snowman" walks by and says, "Hey, boys." I ran to tell my dad that the Snowman just said hi to me. I'll never forget it...good ole Jerry Reed. He had the same plaid shirt and cowboy hat he wore in the Bandit. Talented guy. Smokey and the Bandit was awesome in 1970-80's...still is today.

"Sheriff...do the letters F.O mean anything to you?" The BANDIT!

RIP Bandit. Thanks for the good laughs.

07-Sep-18

JD's embedded Photo
JD's embedded Photo
Requiescat in Pace Mr. Reynolds....

10-Sep-18

Seapig@work's embedded Photo
Seapig@work's embedded Photo
Together again.

10-Sep-18
I was killing time at lunch hour today at a pawn shop and picked up "Deliverance" on DVD for $2. Plan on watching it tonight.

• Sitka Gear