BIG BEAR 06-Sep-18
Will 06-Sep-18
Woods Walker 06-Sep-18
orionsbrother 06-Sep-18
the_runner 06-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 06-Sep-18
06-Sep-18

HA/KS's Link
Active shooter in Cincinnati bank where my sister works. She is safe and did not witness any of the incident. They were locked down, then sent home early.

06-Sep-18
Horrible......

06-Sep-18
From my sister

"There are a lot of rumors flying around, which I won't repeat. You also have access to news reports (which might also contain a lot of rumors) so I won't repeat any of that, either. But there is one thing I can confirm:

The police response was amazing! We heard the shots, rushed to the windows (Okay, we're on 27th floor; pretty much out of reach), and there were already police running into our building, and police cars were converging on downtown from all directions! They say 3 minutes on the news; that's probably the amount of time between the shooter's first shots and the moment he was taken down."

06-Sep-18
Just saw that on the news. Glad your sister is safe.

06-Sep-18
Thats the way the response is supposed to work...... We had a report of an active shooter inside a school for nursing last week. We flooded that building with Officers with long guns within minutes....... I had the old butt pucker factor charging in.... It turned out to be a false report and the disgruntled man wasn’t armed......We had about 20 Officers with long guns sweeping the inside of the building within minutes of the call.

The owner of the building was so pleased with the Police response that he brought lunch to the Department and wrote a nice thank you to the Chief.......

What happened in your sisters building is the biggest fear of local jurisdictions today Henry.... and what we are training heavily for.........

It’s a messed up world out there. Glad your sister is OK.

06-Sep-18
Very glad your sister is safe HA/KS... SCARY stuff!

06-Sep-18
Glad she is Ok.

06-Sep-18
God was watching over her Henry!

06-Sep-18
Yes. Very glad to hear that that she wasn't harmed.

06-Sep-18
Glad to hear she is safe. I work less than a mile from Fountain Square and jog past most mornings. Today my running partner wasn’t feeling it, so we turned short and headed back to the office. An errie feeling knowing we would have been passing as it unfolded... I did hear Mayor Cranley say police were on the scene and engaged with in seconds.

06-Sep-18
29 year old Ohio resident Omar Perez has been identified as the shooter. He was killed by the Police.

• Sitka Gear