DL 06-Sep-18
Straight Arrow 08-Sep-18
HDE 08-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 12-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 12-Sep-18
06-Sep-18

SJJ's Link

06-Sep-18
There’s a pretty lengthy thread on it in the Hunting Forum. As I related over there, I spoke briefly with him at last year’s Sheep Show as he was manning the Kuiu booth. Despite being a quasi-celebrity in mountain hunting circles, he was gracious and generous with his time (as so many people in that community are). He was an innovator and a visionary and he has certainly left his mark on this sport and leaves quite the legacy, both in what he accomplished and what he did with Sitka and Kuiu. He was a big man with a big presence and he leaves a big hole. RIP, Jason.

06-Sep-18
He sure did play a huge role in changing the hunting clothes industry. Made a fine pack too. He was a physical and mental machine. Looking at him and seeing what he created is proof of that. Walked around at about 240 lbs of lean muscle. Built Sitka, sold out to his partner, then built KUIU. After a career in the NFL. He had more successes in his life then can be put into words when you look at his legacy. Had a family; most importantly.

With all that said, I have zero intentions of implicating the ramification of the way he chose to go. I'm not doing that. I will only say I pray his family leans on Jesus tight now. They need it and, will need it to live a fruitful life in the future. That goes for everyone. But, to leave them in such tragedy the way he did, only one thing will make that kind of pain bearable.

06-Sep-18

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
Hunting list a great advocate and innovator. For those that hunt rugged country his gear was top rate. Comfortable and tough. Bill Jordon created camo for Us. Jason took it to a new level. I have Sitka and Kuiu. I have never been disappointed even though it’s expensive. He was a force in the industry and a hunting animal. The more we hear about him the more amazed I am at all his accomplishments. This is him last year with the state record ram. My heart hurts for his young son that went with him on this hunt. That little guy had to idolize his dad. A college football star, an NFL player & a great hunter.

08-Sep-18
The hunting world did indeed lose a young and great advocate for hunting! The sad part of this was his age, at only 47, born one year before my son. He built one heck of a hunting clothing company, and I bought what I could afford, but only when it went on sale. Have to say the quality was exceptional. RIP Jason.

08-Sep-18
These kinds of things are never good or pleasant to have to deal with. Lucky for us, we don't have to sort it all out in the here-after. An omniscient being will, and He knows the heart and mind of this man.

Those who judge will "have some 'splainin to do Lucy" one day...

12-Sep-18
I just saw that Jason Peterson passed away too..... He was a Canadian who hosted the hunting show Into The Wild on the Pursuit Channel..... He was only 44 and died in a plane crash.....

12-Sep-18
Good luck on your moose hunt !!!

• Sitka Gear