Dr Dolittle or Dr Make Believe
Community
Contributors to this thread:
DL 06-Sep-18
Salagi 07-Sep-18
MK111 07-Sep-18
06-Sep-18

DL's Link
This is just so hard to believe but in today’s world I can see it. My wife has a cousin that’s like this. He has an Honorary Doctorate in theology and just loves to use multi syllable words that no one knows what it means. I think he has a pocket dictionary of 2 but words. This woman has him beat.

07-Sep-18
My grandfather often said that only medical doctors should be called "doctor". He did not think it was right to use the term for professors etc. His brother was a medical doctor but my grandfather was an academic doctor, he would just grit his teeth and accept it when people referred to him as "Doc". ;)

07-Sep-18
I did a job transfer when my son was in the 2nd grade mid term. He had all high passing grades but the principle called us in ad year end and wanted to hold him back one year because he was only there 3 months.

The principle was a DR. By mistake I called him MR. and he stopped me mid sentence and informed he was a DR. This happened 2 times by mistake and both times he corrected me.

The choice was ours and I told him my son would be passed on to the 3rd grade. Then he had the nerve to tell me since he was a Doctor of education he didn't think that was the best thing to do.

I got up to leave I looked at his name tag of William and I said 'Bill when you show me that you know best for my passing son I will be more than happy to call you Doctor'.

For your info my son did well all through school, went on to college. And is 50% owner of a multi million dollar company.

• Sitka Gear