Shuteye 07-Sep-18
Will 07-Sep-18
Salagi 07-Sep-18
Mpdh 08-Sep-18
orionsbrother 09-Sep-18
Mike B 09-Sep-18
pipe 10-Sep-18
06-Sep-18
What you guys season your salmon filets with?

06-Sep-18

Thunderflight 's embedded Photo
Thunderflight 's embedded Photo
I marinate them in this.

06-Sep-18
Clark's. Its made by Clark's Meat House, a processing place in Riverton, WY but you can order online. Beef, pork, chicken, fish, potatoes, gravy, eggs...about everything gets it. Our hunting group orders it by the case.

06-Sep-18
I don't marinate them. Brush with a good quality olive oil, season with sea salt & fresh ground pepper then onto the grill using Lump maple charcoal.

06-Sep-18
Try maple syrup, peaches or peach preserves, orange juice and a chili, some kind of heat. Mix to taste....

06-Sep-18
Fresh caught Chinook fillets I use lime, sea salt, pepper and a tiny bit of dill. Fresh salmon tastes so good it's a crime to put a lot of seasoning on it.

07-Sep-18
My wife does hers by brushing mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper and some other red seasoning on hers. Then she bakes it and it is delicious. Me, I dunk a lot of my fish in eggs and milk. Then I salt, pepper and drop the fillets in a plastic bag and shake it up good with Italian bread crumbs. I fry mine.

07-Sep-18
Thanks guys... They all sound good...

07-Sep-18
We catch and eat a lot of fresh salmon. I prefer to poach them real quick in water with a little salt, pepper and garlic. For store bought, when they smell & taste stronger, poach them in chicken broth. We also dry drine them and back them in the cook-shack smoker.

07-Sep-18
Lemon juice and ol bay. Loved that stuff since eating crabs when I was a kid. Put it on most seafood..

07-Sep-18
I too like Old bay seasoning, the real Old Bay. I live close to where it is made. We put it on crabs, fish and french fries.

07-Sep-18

Will's Link
Old bay is good.

I really like to marinate salmon in Myrons Tsukeyaki sauce. It's made a few towns over from me, which is a motivator, but dang, his line of sauces is unreal: the Yakatori, teriyaki, tsukeyaki and 20ga for while game being unreal.

https://www.amazon.com/Chef-Myrons-Tsukeyaki-10-Oz/dp/B00A6ASLIM/ref=sr_1_8_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1536324694&sr=8-8&keywords=myrons+sauces

07-Sep-18
Johnny's Alaskan Salmon Seasoning. My daughter just moved to Alaska and got married. When we were up there, (during the salmon run), we asked one of my son in law's friends what he recommended. Jeremy has some culinary training and is a wizard when it comes to cooking salmon, halibut etc. Johnny's is what he recommended especially for grilling. It is good. We bought some off Amazon since the stores down here don't carry it.

08-Sep-18
All salt was once sea salt. Why pay more for something that is no different, just renamed?

09-Sep-18

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo

09-Sep-18

Mike B's embedded Photo
Mike B's embedded Photo
For Coho I start with a well soaked cedar plank, lay out the fillet and give it a good coating of mayonnaise. Follow that with lemon pepper and garlic salt, topped with brown sugar. Bake at 325 for 35-45 min.

Salmon season (Coho) just opened up on the Skagit, and one of the better holes in the river is right in my backyard. Think I'll head down there tomorrow afternoon and see if there's a couple hanging around. Reading this thread made me hungry!

Pic of my Mrs. with one she caught a few years back.

10-Sep-18
Old Bay and I add fresh garlic, onion and lemon to taste Wrapped up in foil and grilled.

• Sitka Gear