Big-Otis-Jeff 11-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 11-Sep-18
Woods Walker 12-Sep-18
JL 12-Sep-18
memengako 12-Sep-18
slade 12-Sep-18
Zbone 12-Sep-18
11-Sep-18
This was on the news today. It happens very fast. Sounds like the perp was on probation and he had a hidden weap. The female cop took one to the leg....the perp lost. This will be a training film.

11-Sep-18
At least the bad guy went down. But did the 2nd policeman shoot the guy in the back when laying there? If he did he may have a serious problem.

11-Sep-18
Damn and he was acting totally proper keeping his hands visible and turned on a dime when he stepped out. Great reaction by the passenger side officer.

11-Sep-18
Criminal got what he deserved. Glad the officers are mostly OK.

11-Sep-18
"But did the 2nd policeman shoot the guy in the back when laying there? If he did he may have a serious problem."

Yeah, am curious the outcome of that...

11-Sep-18
"" But did the 2nd policeman shoot the guy in the back when laying there? If he did he may have a serious problem.""

Hell yea he did, what was he supposed to do put his life or his partners in more danger?

And no he will not be in trouble, he was making sure the threat was immobilized so he could get to his wounded fellow officer.

11-Sep-18
I totally agree with you guys making sure the threat was immobilized, I'm just saying there will likely be more to this when the left wing whackos get involved...

11-Sep-18
I think a few more shots could’ve been warranted

11-Sep-18
Didn't look like much of a threat getting out of the car either. Cop came around the car, saw him and shot at the guy he'd just been trading fire with a half second ago. Personally I think he showed restraint. I likely would have put a couple more into him. When she said "he's moving" he almost did put another in him.

Shots were fired and the criminal shot first, as stated, you keep shooting until threat is eliminated. What do you do? Your partner is helpless, at his mercy and on the other side of the car. You ask him if he's done, "you give up?" See if he's alright? Good grief.....

This officer will be fine. Likely get a Commendation or a medal. Good for him. If anyone is in trouble it might be the lady that was shot. She seemed way too relaxed and easy with this guy, obviously knew him. Almost got herself killed.

11-Sep-18
No way to know in that split second if he was down or getting his gun from under the car or trying to shoot under the car.

At least that's my call from the Joe Six Pack Civilian Peanut Gallery.

11-Sep-18
Man, they don’t get the thanks or the pay they deserve. The perp got what was coming. I hope the wounded office is okay.

11-Sep-18
In a situation like that I would have stopped firing when I was out of ammo. That's why I'm not a cop!

11-Sep-18
"" But did the 2nd policeman shoot the guy in the back when laying there? If he did he may have a serious problem."" Hell yea he did, what was he supposed to do put his life or his partners in more danger?

Hopefully nothing will come of it, but, that could get tricky. He was no longer a threat...I know, the officer came around quickly and may not have know how bad the perp was hit, but in these bleeding heart liberal days, one never knows ...........Hopefully nothing comes of it.

11-Sep-18
In our training they teach us to keep fighting..... even if you get shot....... even if you go down....... And to expect the same from your attacker........

No problem here in my opinion.......... He did what he had to do to ensure the survival of his partner..........Coming around the back of that car after being shot at was not the time to pause for a few seconds............

There was only one person to blame in that shooting.

12-Sep-18
No no no BB! The officer who shot to defend his partner should have at the minimum asked the perp if he was OK first and maybe even checked his vital signs before he shot again.

This whole thing could have been worse though, the perp could have been black and then there'd be riots galore.

12-Sep-18
The perp was a known gang member. The female officer apparently knew him.

12-Sep-18
The officer watching from the right side saw the perp started to draw a weapon when he started to get out of the car. The officer, true to his training did the Mozambique maneuver. And it worked as advertised. When he came around, the perp was still twitching and he still have the weapon so he is given the final tap and put him in cuffs. It was only then that he moved to check on his partner. At least he has compassion for the perp. He stopped shooting instead of emptying his weapon and reloading. I remember a Fla. police chief's answer when asked, "why he was shot 64 times?" Answer... "that's all the boolits we had and ran out of boolits." LOL...

12-Sep-18
""He was no longer a threat...""

Please tell us how you came to that conclusion...

12-Sep-18
"The officer, true to his training did the Mozambique maneuver."

memengako - Curious what that is, can you elaborate?

• Sitka Gear