Will 13-Sep-18
DL 14-Sep-18
Zbone 14-Sep-18
thecanadian 14-Sep-18
BIGHORN 14-Sep-18
Woods Walker 15-Sep-18
13-Sep-18

spike78's Link
What you think of .700 nitro? Check out this vid and the size of the shell!

13-Sep-18
Not sure what the excite is about, I shoot 1000 grain arrows from time to time...:)

13-Sep-18
Perfect deer gun Spike. Doing some Benoit style tracking with it would be great. Dont even need an opening, just blow a tree down onto the deer :) ha ha ha!

13-Sep-18
I've had the pleasure (displeasure) of shooting one. Ended up at Ross Seyfried's house one afternoon through a mutual friend. He had loaded up a round for each of us to shoot. No fun but manageable if you were hunting with it. We all declined a second round.

13-Sep-18
Your a better man then I as I would have passed on the first round lol. Will I’m guessing that thing would go through a tree!

13-Sep-18
My only question is that unless you're hunting aircraft......WHY????

13-Sep-18
slow moving heavy rounds like the 700 nitro are not that bad to shoot, especially out of a properly weighted and fitted rifle. Case in point, I currently own a .585 Hubel express, 450 nitro express, 500 A square, and a .416 taylor. Out of all of them I fear the 450 nitro the most. It is a ruger no. 1 and weights just a tad north of 7.5lbs. The combination of hard recoil pad, rifle weight, stock design and shooting the 550gr. pills at 2500ft/sec is absolute punishment.

13-Sep-18
Out of curiosity what the hell do you have all those for? Can’t be fun at all to shoot?

13-Sep-18
My .460 S&W Magnum is enough for me and I kill deer with it. When it is getting dark there is a fireball the size of a basket ball from the Muzzle Brake.

13-Sep-18
.416 Remington Mag and .375 H&H are my biggest, and big enough. My favorite "large" caliper is a .338 Win Mag though.

13-Sep-18
Gotta admit JTV, if I was about to shoot a water buffalo with my bow, I'd love to know a PH was over my shoulder with one of those shoulder cannons :)... #SafetyFirst ha ha ha!

14-Sep-18
The 700 shell is the same size as a 3.5” 12 gauge.

14-Sep-18
DL, you got me looking:

3.5” 12 gauge, 600 grains (1-3/8 OZ) @ 1890 FPS at muzzle...

https://www.tarhunt.com/product/lightfield-commander-ids-plus-3-12%E2%80%B3-12-ga/

"

LIGHTFIELD COMMANDER IDS PLUS 3-1/2" 12 GA. 600GR

Here it is, the ONLY 3 1/2" shotgun slug on the market! The Lighfield Commander IDS Plus was designed as the largest high velocity, extremely stable, extended range Sabot Slug for use in modern rifled or smooth bore barrel shotguns for very large game. The IDS 3 1/2? Commander incorporates a 1 3/8 oz (600 grain) 73 caliber slug producing a whopping 4759 ft/lbs at the barrel and an insane 1327 ft/lbs @ 175 yards. TKO= 115!"

14-Sep-18
"Out of curiosity what the hell do you have all those for? Can’t be fun at all to shoot?"

The taylor's is built on a winchester action. All things considered, the recoil is fairly mild and I use it for every big game that is not a whitetail. The 450 NE is a Ruger no. 1 Boddington edition. I purchased it simply on my love for the No. 1's sleek lines but I use it on deer drives from time to time. I built my a2 on a CZ550 action and was a stepping stone in my quest for the biggest baddest gun on the range. Unfortunately, someone else built a 550 magnum and my title was momentarily taken from me. In retaliation I built a 585 HE on a enfield action with full powder loads and the muzzle break taken off, it will get your attention.

14-Sep-18
Years ago when I used to hunt elk up by Swamp Park north of Steamboat there was this guy named John who had a camp about a mile from ours. John was a music teacher and a gunsmith. He always had a batch of soup in his tent and he told me I could stop in anytime and have some. He wanted me to hunt with him but I never did. He had the ugliest girlfriend that you could ever imagine. John had a .458 lever action rifle that he claimed couldn't hold a scope on because it would get messed up after a couple of shots. He didn't care if trees were in the way when he fired his rifle because the bullet would go through most trees. You knew when he fired his rifle because it would echo real loud through the trees and hills. Cameron, we will be seeing you at the GSCO banquet at the end of January.

15-Sep-18
I have scoped Browning A-Bolt 12 gauge I use for deer hunting. I shoot the Winchester Partition Gold sabots in 2 3/4". It weighs 385 grains. With this round I can zero at 100 yards and can hold dead on at a target from 0 to 140 yards without thinking about hold over/under. If I do my job right I can shoot 3 rounds at a target from a rest and have a single large hole in the bullseye. I tried the 3" version and the accuracy was not the same. So it's 2 3/4" for me. When you hit the chest with these it actually causes massive hydroscopic shock like a 30.06 does.

• Sitka Gear