Will 13-Sep-18
slade 13-Sep-18
slade 13-Sep-18
Woods Walker 14-Sep-18
Bob H in NH 14-Sep-18
Will 14-Sep-18
DRR324 14-Sep-18
13-Sep-18
Saw the title and thought BLM was on another shopping spree. Hope those folks make it through ok.

13-Sep-18
I've been checking in with friends who live in the area, about 30-40 miles away from me. Sounds pretty horrible. They have been trying to evacuate the area, but with that much on fire, there's very little ability to have enough people and equipment to fight it. Very scary. Sure hope it can be controlled soon!

13-Sep-18
My guess would be way to much pressure causing leaks...

13-Sep-18
From what I have read 1) a high pressure regulator upstream failed and has turned pilot lights into flame throwers 2) Muslim terrorism 3)Trump's fault, because 1 & 2 happened under his watch.....

14-Sep-18
....it's the Russians....and....CLIMATE CHANGE!!!

14-Sep-18
gas company and police went house to house turning off gas, it's over pressurized lines. News last night said there were 28 houses burning that nobody was trying to fight due to needing more and fire department help. Towns up to an hour or so away were sending fire trucks last night

14-Sep-18
Bob, our fire dept sent 20 trucks to help fight the fires. Terrible stuff.

14-Sep-18
Feel terrible for the homeowners affected by this. I am in the propane industry and this situation happens more frequently than we often hear about. The propane industry in Michigan has come under attack by the NG companies wanting to expand their service locations through out the state by taxing all of their current customers to fund it. They promote the expansion and state all of their safety policies as a huge positive. Unfortunately, they have neglected numerous service equipment and lines in "towns" which lead directly to situations such as these Boston fires. Old equipment, old lines, etc are left unattended as they push to expand into new territories, at the expense of lives lost.

Unfortunately, the homeowners aren't informed enough to know that the line can be shut off outside the home (if they happen to be at home when their neighbors houses are catching on fire), this would stop the flow into the home and possibly save them from experiencing a leak or explosion.

I did read that a regulator failed causing extreme pressure spike in the main line was the leading cause, and basically goes from house to house to house until the pressure spike drops. Lawsuits will be numerous, just hope the fatalities and injuries are low.

• Sitka Gear