Will 17-Sep-18
sundowner 17-Sep-18
Box Call 18-Sep-18
HA/KS 19-Sep-18
HA/KS 19-Sep-18
15-Sep-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
High school game. It was a tough and close game that came down to a blocked PAT at the end of the game.

At the end of the game, players from the losing team, walked across the field and invited players from the winning team to join them in prayer.

There are some great kids.

15-Sep-18
Every one of them hopes to play in the NFL someday......

15-Sep-18
Great sportsmanship. Competition is about searching for your best through the help of your peers (literally, the Latin root is Con Petire, meaning "to search together")...

Those kids look like they get it.

16-Sep-18
Thanks Henry. Very pleasant...... surprise. Good for them.

16-Sep-18
I am proud to report that this scene still plays out on Friday nights all across the country. My nephew in Tucson, my nephew here in town, a few of my Facebook friends kids that are spread around the US, and my own son's team. They all close with prayer. They also ALL stand for the national anthem. It's nice to see positive things like this publicized.

16-Sep-18
"Every one of them hopes to play in the NFL someday......"

Maybe you weren't serious, but there isn't a chance that is accurate.

I doubt it is really being publicized by anything other than podunk news... and that isn't a knock because podunk news is about all I would consider really watching any much of.

16-Sep-18
Google Oak Park-River Forest High School....... High schoolers taking a knee during the anthem....... their band too.

Monroe High School in New Jersey...... 4 kids took a knee during the anthem.......

16-Sep-18
The entire Jackson High School team in Michigan took a knee.....

A kid at Clear Creek Amana High School in Iowa took a knee.........

Two kids from Victory & Praise Christian Academy in Texas took a knee........

The entire team at Garfield High School in Seattle took a knee......... as did 6 of the players from the team they were playing........ West Seattle High School.......

Wagner High School in Louisville..............

Lansing Catholic High School in Lansing Michigan.....

Bellarmine College Prep School (Jesuit)...... in San Jose California.........

16-Sep-18
Nope. I stand even while watching it alone on T.V.

16-Sep-18
BB, my point was that there are some great kids.

Yours seems to be that a lot of them are jerks.

I prefer my POV.

16-Sep-18
Did all those teams referenced get coverage for taking a knee while praying together? Wow, that is impressive.

16-Sep-18
Do you hold that same point of view for the NFL Henry ??

16-Sep-18
What point of view BB?

16-Sep-18
My point of view that it’s OK to ignore the kneelers in the NFL and continue to watch...... If the boycotters want to be consistent then they would boycott high school football too....

16-Sep-18
If you find yourself tweeting your outrage at players kneeling today, but said nothing over the death of Botham Jean - a black man who was shot and killed in his own home by Dallas police, you are part of the problem.

And now they're assassinating his character by 'finding' weed in his apartment as if that had anything to do with an officer entering his home and firing her weapon at him UNPROVOKED. And you wonder why they kneel? Thats why.

16-Sep-18
BB, all I was doing is pointing out that there are some great young people who are kneeling for a positive reason.

16-Sep-18
BB. In my opinion, There's a big difference kneeling for prayer after a football game, and kneeling during the National Anthem. The High School kids aren't saying pi$$ on the USA, the Flag, and our HEROES in the armed forces, and the Police, that's made this Country what it is today, like the NFL is allowing before they play. Why does it bother you that some of us couldn't care less about those losers in the NFL??? You want to watch them over paid wusses, watch them.

16-Sep-18
Yes Henry there are..... There’s a lot of positive prayer in sports nowadays........ across the board.......

16-Sep-18
Bentstick....... So what ARE the high school kids saying when they kneel during the National Anthem ???

16-Sep-18
BB The picture and the story was about at the end of a game, they met in the middle and prayed. It had nothing to do with kneeling BEFORE the game during the Nat. Anthem. What the hell are you talking about? 8^)

16-Sep-18
Hey Paul...... You’re trying to make that a Police Use of Force case....... But it was an off duty incident where the female Officer CLAIMS that she entered into the wrong apartment..... There has been some speculation that the 2 knew each other............

She has been charged with manslaughter and most likely is headed for prison.........

16-Sep-18

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
I stand by this Dallas Police Officer.........

16-Sep-18
"There has been some speculation that the 2 knew each other............ She has been charged with manslaughter and most likely is headed for prison."

My thoughts, too. Something didn't ring true, but I wasn't there.

IMO, in the VAST majority of shootings by police, not only were the police in the right, but they absolutely did NOT want to shoot anyone.

When that is not true, there should be charges. I think those cases are rare.

16-Sep-18
I also thought her story did not add up, but she did work a very long shift and may have been disoriented.

Chris, I was lost on this. The HS kids were praying. I am totally fine with this if it is a spontaneous gesture from the athletes not organized by the school. I am also OK with peaceful protests, including what I see as disrespectful behavior during our national anthem.

The First Amendment is sacred, and shall not be infringed. No doubt, my position is very unpopular.

16-Sep-18
I apologize if I made anyone think I was trying to disrespect the kids praying on the field. My only point was that high school kids are kneeling during the anthem too.... and it’s happening more and more.......

My response is to ignore them all and let it run it’s course ..... But if someone is going to boycott the NFL for kneeling during the anthem..... they are being hypocritical if they don’t acknowledge that it is happening outside of the NFL too....

16-Sep-18
BB, there is a little difference between some high school kids and privileged millionaires.

16-Sep-18
OK, got it. I agree.

Have not gone to a HS game in awhile as the children of my family and friends are much older now. But, if I did want to go because I knew someone, I would. I would set an example by standing with my hand over my heart.

17-Sep-18
Henry,

You ever watch 'Hoop Dreams'?

The term 'privileged millionaires' irks me. Many came from poor backgrounds and spent countless hours getting to a professional level.

Poor start, over-night wealth...Many of us could not handle it.

So easy to criticize. Professional sports brings utility to many people, just like 4H does for others.

If each of us would quit trying to make everybody think, believe and act the same way, we might possibly get back to what makes our nation great, still.

FREEDOM

17-Sep-18

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Someone above noted something like "they all want to play in the NFL" - very broadly paraphrased. Here's a pic of a slide at a coaching conference which I LOVE. It's why classes are more valuable than passes...

17-Sep-18
I hate football at all levels, but especially pro.

18-Sep-18
my grandson is the section leader in the snare drum line at his high school.the principal and the coaches and band director have made it clear,you take a knee during the national anthem,when you stand up,keep on walking.it wont be tolerated.

19-Sep-18
HfW, they are privileged. I never said that they didn't earn it, but for anyone in the NFL to say they weren't given opportunity is just not true. They are privileged to play and get paid. Playing in the NFL is NOT a right, it is a privilege - and they are all millionaires.

19-Sep-18
Based on that, I know a lot of folks who are privileged millionaires, who do not play football. Some are teachers. Meaningless term then other than to elicit an emotional response.

19-Sep-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
More kids to be proud of.

20-Sep-18
I find lots of kids to be proud of every day of my life. Seldom do I see them involved in prayer, but just observing their actions I assume something spiritual has had and continues to have an influence on their lives.

Looking for the best in others is a good way for us to practice our own spirituality IMHO.

• Sitka Gear