Seapig@work 18-Sep-18
15-Sep-18

Habitat for Wildlife's embedded Photo
MO, today.

The legend continues....

Hehehehe

15-Sep-18
I see no need to celebrate the death of a doe....

15-Sep-18
I do.........LOIN ROAST!!!!! On the grill....wrapped in bacon....Montreal Steak seasoning.....cooked until it's pink/red in the middle.......

15-Sep-18
Nice Frank !!!! Congrats !!!!!

15-Sep-18
Yum!

15-Sep-18
Nice shot Frank....on the deer. The picture?.........;-0

Congrats.

The Rock

15-Sep-18
Enjoy the great vittles, and memories of a successful hunt!

16-Sep-18

16-Sep-18
I don't know why the top picture is out of focus. It did not look that way in my camera, so I posted it again. Looks better the second time. I have no idea why.

Thanks guys for the kind words.

Slade, I don't "celebrate" the taking of any life, but most normal hunters would say what is on top of their head has nothing to do with how success in hunting is measured. I am proud that in 90 degree weather I still can pattern deer well enough that the Good Lord rewarded my efforts.

16-Sep-18
It's a bow kill, and that alone is reason for congratulations. Enjoy the fine meals that doe will bring.

16-Sep-18
I see no reason NOT to celebrate a doe kill.

Strong work, Franky

Matt

16-Sep-18
bk....X2

16-Sep-18
bk - X3. Well done Frank. Congrats!!

16-Sep-18
Congrats. You should celebrate..... with those tenderloins!

16-Sep-18
I realized a long time ago that when a deer gives you a good shooting opportunity, it's a gift. You can decide whether to accept that gift at that moment, but it's still a gift and you should be thankful for it. ESPECIALLY with the bow!

That's one of the reasons why I love bowhunting so much. With a gun, I get the "rush" when I SEE a deer coming towards me un-alerted, because I'm very certain I will have a shot if I decide to take it (I'm talking about whitetail deer in typical midwestern woodlots). With the bow, that rush is a ways off, because a LOT has to go my way before I even think abut drawing the bow, and many times it doesn't, so I just get to watch, which is still a "win" as far as I'm concerned. I ground hunt and a lot of that is stillhunting, and while I get close to deer quite often, getting what I consider to be a high percentage shot (and as I age that percentage is VERY high) is another matter. But that's why it's called "HUNTING" and it's how I choose to hunt.

16-Sep-18
''I realized a long time ago that when a deer gives you a good shooting opportunity, it's a gift.""

I agree, if you don't take the shot. Somebody else will, at least in TX.

16-Sep-18
Good shot Habitat, that is exactly what I hunt. Does are great eating. Double lung shot makes for easy blood trailing and doesn't mess up any meat. I normally let bucks walk by my stand and wait for a doe. We have too many deer and does need to be thinned out. I probably won't start hunting until it cools off quite a bit. I live in a 40 acre woods, am retired and the season lasts until the end of January. I only want three or so and can walk out my back door to hunt. My kale patch generally brings deer into my garden and my wife says kill every damn one of them. I will probably start hunting with a 50 cal single shot muzzle loading pistol. Bow hunting will be when it gets real cold. I always pray for three or four inches of snow. I love to hunt in the snow.

16-Sep-18
""I see no need to celebrate the death of a doe.... ""

No problem, it's the hunter's choice. It's ok and legal to let Does walk. Nothing wrong with that strategy. I've done it myself many times.

16-Sep-18
Congrats, fresh loins and butterfly steaks are the best.

16-Sep-18
Thanks Jeff, and all.

I didn't figure it out, I just tried again and it came out different.

16-Sep-18
I’d say that’s a huge trophy considering all the bugs still out. Now that’s a man who likes to hunt. Congrats HFW! Perfect shot...kill’em quick.

16-Sep-18
It was not a perfect shot. He was at least 1.1829 inches too far back.

.. .. .. .

.. .. .

;^)

Congrats on the kill.

16-Sep-18
Thanks guys.

Tony, slightly quartering away so the off-side was 1.1829 inches too far forward.

;)

I was very fortunate. Heard her drop. 45 yards to recovery.

16-Sep-18
The way I eat, I would pass neither the shot nor the celebration. Honestly, what's the point of making the kill if it is not something to celebrate? Two thumbs up, HfW.

16-Sep-18
Arkansas starts next Saturday both for deer and bear. That means at the bear feeder, they will quit coming in about Wednesday. ;)

As for the deer, I'm not seeing a lot this year yet. Numbers may be down, and maybe they are still in the deep hollers where it is a little cooler. But then again, the deep holler I was in checking out ginseng patches didn't have much sign either.

Congratulations on the doe. I've passed up bucks a time or two waiting on a doe to come strolling through.

16-Sep-18

Thanks again guys.

Solo,

No hair or dirt. Still cutting for the grinder. Hardly any fat on her. Wish I could say the same for the hunter;)

18-Sep-18
This...> "I realized a long time ago that when a deer gives you a good shooting opportunity, it's a gift. You can decide whether to accept that gift at that moment, but it's still a gift and you should be thankful for it. ESPECIALLY with the bow!"

I am usually offered two shots per year, buck or doe, and sometimes those aren't recognized until the opportunity has passed.

Beautiful pile of meat, HfW, enjoy!!!

• Sitka Gear