NvaGvUp 16-Sep-18
NvaGvUp 16-Sep-18
NvaGvUp 16-Sep-18
sleepyhunter 16-Sep-18
dirtclod Az. 16-Sep-18
Tiger eye 16-Sep-18
16-Sep-18
This is insane!

"Olympic champion Eliud Kipchoge has set a marathon world record, winning the Berlin race in 2 hours, 1 minute, 39 seconds on Sunday."

That's a pace of 4:38:45 per mile!

Incredible!

16-Sep-18
Wow!

Sub two hours is within possibility. No way I would have thought that back in 1980 when I ran my first.

16-Sep-18
Wow!!!

16-Sep-18
Frank,

My thoughts exactly.

When I started racing, the record was 2:08 and change and that was possibly run on a short course.

Today's record broke the current record by over a minute. So now we're just 100 seconds, which is less than four-seconds-per-mile, from breaking the two hour barrier.

16-Sep-18
Nah, I don't think so, given he broke the existing record by more than a minute!

BTW, what the heck are you doing posting here mid-afternoon?

You musta' arrowed a great bull this morning!

16-Sep-18
I never got below 3:45. Never quit running though.

Did sub 2 for the half in college. Was the anchor relay in 5th grade, and either kept losing speed or everyone else got faster. Lol.

Thought maybe I should switch to long distance, but guys like you amaze me. Those long races you have done are probably tougher mentally than physically.

16-Sep-18
Frank,

After I moved on from marathons to ultras, I looked at marathons as sprints.

In a marathon, you go as fast as you can for 26 miles.

In ultras, it comes and goes with the ebb and flow of your body.You just do what you can and take what the course allows.

16-Sep-18
With enough day light I could ride a bike for 26 miles. My jogging days are long time over.

16-Sep-18
12oz curls and WATCHING a football game!

16-Sep-18
Startling number. Amazing.

A 12 minute run was part of PT testing in college football days. Needed 2 miles to pass ( 2x sub 6 min miles) Passed with about 1/2 minute to spare but was totally gassed at the end. That was 35 years ago, and my body type was certainly not one for long distance runs. Marathons..... No thanks.

16-Sep-18
Jeff,

That's still excellent for 60.

Cooler weather is headed our way by the end of next week. I only walk now, but I like the sweating the summer weather creates for me. But, glad it is winding down. Had to use a thermacell after hanging a stand. Seems crazy!

• Sitka Gear