Owl 28-Sep-18
BIG BEAR 07-Oct-18
scentman 07-Oct-18
BIG BEAR 07-Oct-18
BC 07-Oct-18
Zbone 08-Oct-18
16-Sep-18

HA/KS's Link
"The Buffalo Bills are so bad that defensive back Vontae Davis retired at halftime of 31-20 loss to the Chargers"

16-Sep-18
Stopped by a bar close to my house on my way home for a quick beer. They had the broncos/raiders going on. Noticed that the stadium had many, many empty seats. Headed on to the house and finished chores. I guess the Broncos won in a come back.

17-Sep-18
If you're from N.E. (Massachusetts here) there is nothing funny about today. But the rest of you can have a good snicker ... till next week at least.

17-Sep-18
Only the Browns can figure out more ways to loose by the kicker missing TWO extra points and 2 field goals.... Un-frickn believable...

That kicker has cost them 2 games in 2 weeks... He's missed 5 of his last 6 kicks... Its tuff being a Browns fan...

17-Sep-18
Regarding the OP, I'm stunned. But, at least ole' Vontae figured a way to stay in relevant discussions for a loooong time. lol Who could trade 30 minutes of on-the-clock play for being a punchline for life?

WRT the Browns... There are no words. I'm just so sorry.

17-Sep-18
We are used to it. We are to football what the Cubs used to be for baseball.

17-Sep-18
As far as I'm concerned the entire NFL can retire early.

17-Sep-18
My mistake, just realized the Brown's kicker missed THREE field goals and 2 extra points yesterday, missing 6 of his last 7 kicks....

17-Sep-18
Jim,

The Broncos had over 76,000 fans in the stadium yesterday. The empty seats were likely fans seeking shade. It was 94 degrees at game time. Hottest game in their history.

My friends who went to the game said the place was absolutely rocking.

Sorry bed-wetters.

Matt

17-Sep-18
It was good to see Dallas beat the Giants. I was surprised.

17-Sep-18
Well Matt, since I could only see what I could see...

By the way, my bed was dry this AM.

17-Sep-18
Pi - no worries brother. The Pat's are never particularly good, until November, more so December, and especially January. Not half bad in February either :)

Think of all the losses to the Dolphins in Sept/oct, even in years when they went 14-2 and won the super bowl. I'm not saying they are destined for that this year... but I've seen this "show" enough times to know they will be much different in December than they are now.

If I was a Bills fan though... ooph. I feel like sending letters of condolence to my Bills fan friends.

17-Sep-18
my cousin and I watched the game at a local TGIF here in Buffalo, the bar was empty at game time, after the second half the place had more fans then the stadium had just miles down the road... I have never seen such depressed faces of Bills fans ,I have been watching them since the AFL days and am totally lost for words.

17-Sep-18
There's a couple guys on the Vikings that "Retired" too!!!!!!!!!

17-Sep-18
Yeah, but did they retire at halftime like the Bills DB...8^)

Sad for a professional athletic to quit on his teammates in the middle of the game like that... Vontae Davis will always be remember as a quitter...

17-Sep-18
Thanks Will. I feel better . Now we best be silent ... Snicker.

17-Sep-18
Pi, Worst case, our "interests" have had 20 years of insane performance, that's a lot to be grateful for, especially after basically every previous year they existed outside 76 and 86. When you are the Browns or Lions for decades (no offense H4W), Then you get a run that is incredible like this... You just have to be grateful, because it is almost 100% that it wont happen again, and if it does, it wont be here... We New Englanders just are not that lucky :)

17-Sep-18
No problem Will.

The Tribe are ALC Champs, again.

I might boycott football if they give it a serious run again;)

17-Sep-18
The stinking Lions are 0-2. That means there’s an 88% chance they won’t make the playoffs.........

At least the Bills can hang their hat on the fact that they are the only team to ever go to the Super Bowl 4 years in a row...... The Lions have never been to one.....

17-Sep-18
Good thing Chris, not much left to burn down if they ever win;)

A guy from Cleveland, picking on Detroit. How far we have come!

17-Sep-18
Ha !!!!!!

17-Sep-18
If they burn Detroit property values will skyrocket....:D

17-Sep-18
Four years in a row but lost them all...that's painful.

17-Sep-18

one-eye's embedded Photo
one-eye's embedded Photo
Hehe.

17-Sep-18
one-eye - Vikings signed Cowboy's old veteran kicker Bailey today, and Browns waived their kicker today and signed an undrafted rookie free agent Dolphins waived on their last cut... This new kid only had a 69.5 percent field goal average in college... Ouch, oh well we'll see... They tried out 3 different kickers today and said this new kid did best... I'm still worried about his stats...

17-Sep-18
One eye, it's been decades, but my poor wife still has PTSD about Gary Anderson in 98! Ha!

17-Sep-18
Zbone,

He has to be better than what we had. I still want a new head coach!

17-Sep-18
Will , I grew up just a few miles from the stadium. Next town over. We often saw our local team players around town and each year back then they would have a few attend our Team banquet. That was inspirational and something from another time I guess. Friends played flag football at their Church with Steve Grogan. Tim Fox, the tiny wonder... Stuff like that.

During that crappy decade, My dad had season tickets at the 45-yard line... perfect height. I went to one game that I remember and it was not much fun. That is until the Jets were kicking a meaningless last-minute field goal and I decided to go catch it. The premonition. And then it happened. It went left and missed the net, landing one row above me and I dropped down to look under the seats as I figured they would fight and drop it... Sure thing. I came up with it and headed for the stairs. Mind you I was a fullback back then and I tucked it away ... off I went.

It would be nice to have those seats again ... Timing is everything.

18-Sep-18
Habitat for Wildlife - I actually feel for Hue Jackson... He hasn't had much to work with the past couple years so I really like to see how he does with decent talent, but I think Dorsey and ownership have a short leash on him... If they don't win a half dozen games or so, he's probably gone... But who they gonna get for a coach?... Would like to see them keep him at least until Mayfield gets a chance,,, but if he doesn't play Mayfield and they keep loosing, it'll be his own fault for being fired... I just hate going though ANOTHER coaching change... I think they have the right people in the front office now, lets give the coaches a little more time...

I predicted before season they'd win 5 games this year... Am still gonna stay with that number... But if 5 or below, I think Hue will be gone... They'll likely have to win 6 or 7 for Hue to keep his job but which I doubt will happen so you'll likely get your wish... Heck, I just what one win right now...8^) There's no comfort in saying they should be 2-0 right now... Inventing ways to loose is on the coaching staff... This Jets game Thursday night will tell a lot...

More disturbing news - Watch Josh Gordon turn into a superstar with Brady and the Patriots... That'll suck!!!

18-Sep-18
Zbone - That Gordon thing is interesting. With Moss, years ago, he still loved football, just needed the right place, and it clicked like crazy in 07. But Gordon... I mean, if you need weed that bad, you have to wonder about one's commitment to other things.

I'm hopeful the guy realizes "this is it, if I dont make it here, I'm done" and he puts the pipe away for a few years. Certainly has the talent. And if he could get on the same page as Brady (not easy for new WR's historically, outside Welker and Moss)... Imagining an offense with Gordon, Gronk, Edelmen (in a few weeks) and James White as the main pieces with a solid cast of supporting characters... Cha Ching!

Hopefully it's the perfect storm and the guy has a career year :)

18-Sep-18
It was a good week in the NFL.

-My Broncos pulled out a win, despite not playing very well.

- The Pats got an ass-whooping, while Brady and McDaniels had a melt-down on the sidelines.

- The Vikings kissed their sisters.

- The Chief's defense looks as bad as their offense looks good.

- The Rams are looking like the team to beat in NFC.

Matt

18-Sep-18
Will - Just seen were the Brown's other big disappointment Cory Coleman was waived by the Pats to make roster spot Gordon...

Colman was a Browns first round pick, (something like number 7 overall) a couple years ago, and has been a bust... If you happen to see Hard Knocks, they ended up trading him to the Bills in August for something like a lowly 7th round pick and in turn shortly after, the Bills waived him and the Pats signed him... Now he's waived from them... That actually makes me feel good being waived by two other different teams in a few weeks thinking the Browns now actually know what they are doing... So good luck with Gordon...

18-Sep-18
As a log suffering Browns fan, I thought Jackson should have been fired last year. Maybe the year before. I also think Pettine should have been given one more year.

19-Sep-18
" Wide Right" will linger forever in Bill's country.

19-Sep-18
Steve Grogan - a good Kansas kid

20-Sep-18
Oh Frank........ I hope you’re up watching Baker Mayfield.......

20-Sep-18
Not NFL football, but funny none the less!

20-Sep-18
Yes I am Chris. Please God deliver us a win!

20-Sep-18
I don’t have to work tomorrow.... I’m up watching with you buddy and cheering for your team..... it’s a new day for Cleveland..... Mayfield is awesome...... !!!

20-Sep-18
Man, I hope it is for real and the curse is over. Thanks Chris!

20-Sep-18
We won!

20-Sep-18
Wow !!! Great game !!! Welcome to the NFL Baker Mayfield !!!!

20-Sep-18
Cleveland has to be on fire! The Tribe, ALC Champs, Browns have as many wins in the first three games this year as the entire last two seasons combined!!

I am kneeling right now...Thank you Lord!

20-Sep-18
Have a good night Chris. Headed to bed, have to be up at 5. Will wake the wife to tell her;)

21-Sep-18
Dilly Dilly to the Cleveland fans...8^)

21-Sep-18
On national TV they did not make themselves look bad, for once!

25-Sep-18
Did I hear that the Bills won? Maybe he knew who was the problem

25-Sep-18

'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo
'Ike' (Phone)'s embedded Photo

25-Sep-18
No kidding, Ike. Poor Clay Mathews is gonna have to join the cheering squad to avoid getting penalized.

I'm all for the helmet-to-helmet and targeting rules but the "body weight" penalties look to be taking the game out of the game. Makes sense from a league perspective, though. If you need to promote a quantitative improvement in injury prevention, your marquee players need to be on the field. That, and stated marquee players also account for more revenue per capita. So team owners want to see their stars make it reliably through the seasons.

25-Sep-18
It has never been more obvious than this year that September is the new preseason.

27-Sep-18
No empty seats in Los Angeles tonight........ in a shootout..... Goff threw for 4 TDs in the first half........

27-Sep-18

BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
BIG BEAR's embedded Photo
What a game !!! 1,000 yards combined offense between the 2 teams..... Goff threw for 5 TDs and 465 yards......

28-Sep-18
Why..... those are kinda MVP type numbers......

I remember when the Rams threw him to the wolves as a rookie...... I thought.... poor kid, I think they just destroyed their first round franchise QB..... Then last year he really made some huge strides.....probably a top 10 QB. This year he's even better. Seems to get better with every game. He's not a Rogers.... but he could be the next what's his name... that old guy that plays for NE.....

Scary thing.... defense sealed the game for them tonight. They are really pretty good. Rams are certainly near if not at the top in the NFL.

28-Sep-18
I made it through 3 quarters before lights out. After the off-season they had, I made them my NFC SB pick but they need to iron out their issues in the secondary.

28-Sep-18
I like both those QBs... Always liked Cousins, but he'll likely always be a tier 2 (Stafford, Ryan) type QB, but as said, I'd take him, but that Goff has emerged as a tier 1 type QB after what I seen last night, he was throwing dimes... After his rookie year, thought he'd be a bust, but with their new coach McVay (luv him BTW), Goff has developed nicely...

28-Sep-18
Cousins does a lot of choking in the clutch. He did in DC, anyway. Of course, he has more to work with in Minn.

07-Oct-18
My last place Lions have beaten the Patriots and the Packers.... thanks to Mason Crosby of the Packers...... with 4 missed field goals and a missed extra point....

07-Oct-18
Chris, Congrats. Chiefs are going to 5-0. Browns in OT for the third time this year.

07-Oct-18
Watched the last seconds with Cowar and the boys... happy for the Browns! My Bill's pulled out a squeeker.

07-Oct-18
The Browns are up and coming with a future star in Mayfield........ no longer a joke.....

07-Oct-18
This roughing the passer BS has to go. Can't touch him without a penalty. Just cost the Eagles bigtime

08-Oct-18
Never seen so much bad kicking in the NFL as this year...

• Sitka Gear