Annony Mouse 19-Sep-18
JL 19-Sep-18
TT-Pi 19-Sep-18
JL 19-Sep-18
Woods Walker 19-Sep-18
IdyllwildArcher 19-Sep-18
Woods Walker 20-Sep-18
18-Sep-18
In light of the Kavanaugh accuser....a pretty good article from a Democrat supporter on who doesn't get believed despite evidence. The media has buried this story.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/09/18/keith-ellison-domestic-violence-accuser-says-democratic-party-doesnt-believe-her-story.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+foxnews%2Fpolitics+%28Internal+-+Politics+-+Text%29

Keith Ellison domestic violence accuser says Democratic party doesn't believe her story

By Lukas Mikelionis | Fox News

The woman who accused Minnesota Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison of domestic abuse said on Monday that Democrats don’t believe her story and threatened to isolate her over the allegations.

Karen Monahan, a former girlfriend, came forward last month alleging that Ellison sent her threatening text messages and once screamed obscenities at her as he dragged her off a bed by her feet.

Ellison has denied the accusations, saying he “never behaved this way.” He did acknowledge he was in a relationship with the woman.

The allegations didn’t lead to any immediate action against the congressman, except for the announcement that the Democratic National Committee (DNC) would review the accusations. He went on to win the Democratic primary election for Minnesota attorney general.

Karen Francis Monahan especially loved "Little Red Corvette" at the Revolution Reunion @FirstAvenue . pic.twitter.com/zbSgWDogUZ — Keith Ellison (@keithellison) September 3, 2016

Monahan slammed the Democratic Party for its response to her allegations when compared to its treatment of Christine Blasey Ford. Ford has accused Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of attempting to force himself onto her during at a high school party nearly four decades ago, prompting prominent Democrats to get behind Ford’s allegations.

“No, they don't,” Monahan tweeted in response to a question whether the party believes women’s stories. “I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party. I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse.”

No, they don't. I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party. I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse — Karen Monahan (@KarenMonahan01) September 17, 2018

She added: “Four people, including my supervisor at the time, stated that I came to them after and shared the exact story I shared publicly, I shared multiple text between me and Keith, where I discuss the abuse with him and much more. As I said before, I knew I wouldn't be believed.”

Her comment came after another user pointed to comments made by Peter Daou, a Democratic strategist and former advisor to Hillary Clinton and John Kerry, who wrote in a tweet that the Kavanaugh accuser will be “attacked, smeared, and demonized” and that people must “believe women.”

Many other Democrats and progressives – who stayed silent when the accusations against Ellison emerged – came out in support of Ford, including Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Tom Perez, chairman of the DNC, who urged to investigate the claims and Kavanaugh.

Monahan went to reiterate that her story has nothing to do with politics. “I have nothing to prove to anyone, I simply shared my story. People can believe it or not. I don’t need anyone to affirm my humanity, I affirmed it,” she wrote in another tweet.

“The fact that both parties only care if it scores political points is hypocritical,” she added. “Do you think a person who has dealt with any form of abuse by politicians is thinking about politics? No, we & are families are trying to heal.”

18-Sep-18
Well, let's see here..

One of the nations biggest libtards, Dianne Feinstein, in the bottom of the ninth inning, finds a woman who hyphenates her name, lives in California, is employed as a Psych professor (again, in California), ugly as hell, making a 35 year old claim that pretty much boils down to what 99% of all of us called "dating" or "grab-ass" back then, yet it just now bothered her enough to bring it up.

I know who I'm putting my money on..

18-Sep-18
hyphenates her name....love it...good one

18-Sep-18
I don’t like the nomination but this is BS. 35 years ago. What a joke. The democrats loose a lot of credibility with this stunt.

18-Sep-18
The accusation against Kavanaugh is pure bullshit IMO, but with that said, I think he's toast.

18-Sep-18
Trax, If our system and society ran the way it is supposed to, you'd be right. Kavanaugh should be seated. But the system is broken, and a scurrilous accusation might be enough to sink this nomination.

18-Sep-18
I agree. KS nailed it for me. Not a huge fan, but this seems a reach. The guy should be in, and people should show up and vote if they dont like it, and over the next 10-20 years, it could swing the other way.

Having said that, seeing the title on that fox video sorta cracks me up. I find humor in people seeming to suggest the FBI has the most excellent of vetting skills when it suggests that a conservative is clean... But the most horrible of vetting skills the other way. Same people. Same types of tasks. Same outcome (clean). Suddenly though, a good outcome (based on L v C or vice versa)? I'm surprised the FBI's ideas are considered good? I thought they only did poor work? My gut agree's with the FBI on this. But it is interesting how hyper politicized all this stuff becomes.

18-Sep-18
"It's not a lie, if you believe it"...

George Costanza

18-Sep-18
“ I don’t want to be remembered I want to be forgotten “ George Costanza

18-Sep-18
How long did the Senate sit on the nomination of Merrick Garland?

Matt

18-Sep-18
The news said that no one has heard from Ford in the last 36 hrs, after trying to contact her by e-mail. Imagine that. 8^)

18-Sep-18
I see, so when the Senate refused to even conduct hearings on Garland for 293 days, that wasn't a "political hit job" because......?

Matt

18-Sep-18
If I recall, they didn't use a 30+ year old accusation of sexual assault to smear his personal reputation. They just said we are going to wait until the election and see what happens. They had control of House and Senate. They can do that. If I recall it was Reed/Pelosi et al who set that all up back when THEY had control.

That's politics. Everything done with Garland was well within the rules and laws. Not smears, lies and scandalous personal hit jobs. It's SOP with the leftists.....when the rules and law are against you....... lie, cheat and steal.

18-Sep-18
Show me where the Constitution states a President can't nominate a SC justice with a year left in his term, and have that nominee vetted by the Senate.

Let's face it. Both sides are guilty of politicizing SC nominations and hearings. That's the true way it's done in the Senate in reality.

I don't need your permission to post in any thread, Jeff.

Matt

18-Sep-18
"That's politics. Everything done with Garland was well within the rules and laws. Not smears, lies and scandalous personal hit jobs. It's SOP with the leftists.....when the rules and law are against you....... lie, cheat and steal. "

.. … .. .

.. .. .. ..

How dare you, TD, to present facts to Grey Ghost!

"Both sides are guilty of politicizing SC nominations and hearings."

Both sides did not sully the reputation of a nominee. I refer you to TD's post for a refresher.

18-Sep-18
"Show me where the Constitution states a President can't nominate a SC justice with a year left in his term, "

.. .. .. . .

.. . .. .

Great straw man argument. NO ONE STATED THAT !!!!!!!!!!

18-Sep-18
It was stated that the Senate was "within the rules and laws" with respect to the Garland nomination. Prove it.

Also, show me where the so-called "Biden Rule" is actual law.

Matt

18-Sep-18
Golly, just how many straw man arguments is Grey Ghost going to post on one thread?

18-Sep-18
"Ahhh, GG says we ARE guilty until proven guilty."

I expect that type of nonsense from an anonymous poster. Nothing new.

Look, I like the Kavanaugh nomination. I also fully expect as much push back from the left as they can muster. But to deny that both side are guilty of politicizing the whole process is disingenuous, at best.

26 times a SC nomination has been made in the last year of a presidency. 6 times it resulted in no action by the Senate. 8 times it resulted in a confirmation. 7 times the nomination was withdrawn. 3 times the nomination was declined. And a hearing was postponed twice. There is no set rule or law here, just politics as usual.

Matt

18-Sep-18
Wait for it!!! 8^)))))

18-Sep-18
A hearing where both parties should testify is absolutely necessary. Also, since Ms Ford took and passed a polygraph, so should Kavanaugh. Whats fair is fair. Furthermore 1) How did Kavanaugh categorically deny being at the party where Prof. Ford says the attack occurred, when Ford never mentioned which party it was or even what date it was?

2) For those of you downplaying this as "it's just rough horseplay "., Just like John Wayne Gacy was just clowning around. Ted Bundy had an overactive imagination,and Manson was just trying to play Doctor. It's all just harmless fun.

3) Most sexual assault victims never come forward because of some of the comments here and in the public. They fear being shamed, blamed and somehow wrong.

4) Sexual assault inflicts life-long trauma on victims. It’s an act that negatively changes someone forever. If you don’t want that on your conscience, think twice before doing something to others that you can never undo.

I’m curious if conservatives who are currently attacking Dr. Christine Blasey Ford, would offer the same pitiful response to their own daughter if they revealed to them decades down the road that they’d been a victim of sexual assault... Would ‘why’d you wait so long’ be brought up?

18-Sep-18
BINGO!!!!! 8^))))))

18-Sep-18
well, when you can't debate, you say stuff like 'fart'.

no one is surprised.

18-Sep-18
Seriously, now he is Ted Bundy? Paul, get a grip man.

18-Sep-18
""This woman has been ridden more than Secretariat. She has admitted to having sex with at least 65 men between 11th grade and collage. Those are the ones she can remember.""

18-Sep-18
Slade,

What/where is the origin of your quote?

18-Sep-18
An anonymous rider...

About as valid as her lawyer saying that she doesn't need to testify as the accusation is proof enough.

18-Sep-18
trublu- I don’t like his statements about no investigation or charges for a sitting presidents, and his track record on the environment and campaign contributions. Nobody is above the law. In my opinion the Citizens United case was a huge step back to our country. However, I do like his pro life stance though.

I’m with GG on this one. Both sides play dirty politics with these nominations. If you can’t see that it’s because you don’t want to see it.

18-Sep-18
With all the non sense they are bringing towards Kavanaugh I can just imagine what will happen when Buzzy fills her last diaper while Trump is still Paul Z's president!

18-Sep-18
I got a softball for you since u can’t understand it. This is not a criminal trial it’s a confirmation hearing based on character. Proven guilty as in a criminal trial doesn’t apply. Stick to the astrophysicists...you’re better at it.

Regardless, it’s a BS play to hold this up on a 35 year old he said, she said. He’s earned a vote.

18-Sep-18
"It is about whether or not we are innocent until proven guilty."

Repeating it doesn't make it any less intellectually dishonest, or ignorant.

This isn't a criminal courtroom. There's no judge, no jury, there doesn't have to be proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Doubt suffices. This is politics at its ugliest, and both sides play it. Only an anonymous fool would deny that.

Matt

18-Sep-18

pipe's Link
My how the times have changed since Thomas - Hill hearings...

18-Sep-18

pipe's Link
Try this link

18-Sep-18
Sorry, My links do not present...check out the SNL Thomas-Hill skit...Al Franken as Paul Simon,...ironic.

18-Sep-18
I have a question. Can he sue her for defamation of character? Is there grounds for it based on what's happened so far?

18-Sep-18
Not sink as low, just grow some b*lls. The Democrats only do this because they know the GOP "leadership" will go down like a $10 crack whore at the least sign of opposition.

19-Sep-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

19-Sep-18
For a public figure to prevail in a defamation lawsuit, he must prove actual malice, meaning that the accuser made a knowingly false accusation. That would be near impossible to prove under these facts.

19-Sep-18
"Nobody said there was a judge and jury."

That's true, yet you apply the same parameters that a courtroom requires to a process that doesn't have those same parameters.

" It is still an issue of guilty or innocent."

No it's not. This isn't a legal proceeding that assumes innocence until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Senators can vote "Yay" or "Nay" for any reason they want. Sadly, their reasons are usually purely political not factual.

I don't think anyone accused Gorsuch of any past crimes did they? Yet, there were 45 Senators who voted "Nay", all democrats. It wasn't a matter of innocence or guilt on some alleged past crime with them. Their votes were purely political. In the end, the same will apply to Kavanaugh.

Matt

19-Sep-18
What exactly do they think the FBI could investigate?

No matter what happened, there is nothing to investigate unless she saved a blue swim suit with a stain on it.

19-Sep-18

19-Sep-18
I agree 100% Trax. If you have something bring it, file charges, otherwise the vote is next week and STFU!!

19-Sep-18
Ford doesn't want to testify under oath, then when her scam is exposed she can be guilty of a crime. the onion is peeling one pedal at a time.

19-Sep-18
“Only a self loving narcissistic moron would deny that.” Does that describe those that emphatically hold on to a talking point when everyone around them knows their reasoning, or lack there of, is not applicable? But yet they just keep repeating it.

BTW- it also sounds like someone that has a name that rhymes with dump...lol.

19-Sep-18
Trax- at least you didn’t say “innocent until prove guilty” again. You’re learnin.

You know, each time I see you post the only word that comes to mind is Cowardice. Strange...

19-Sep-18
Here's something I would pose to DiFi. If the Dems are demanding an FBI investigation into Kavanaugh, they should also support an FBI investigation into Keith Ellison for similar alleged charges.

19-Sep-18
Polygraphs are not allowed in court because they are not reliable.

Her attorney is refusing to say who paid for her polygraph and also refuses to release the results

19-Sep-18
The FBI is saying the alleged event is not in their authority to investigate.

OTOH, they’ve investigated Kavenaugh six times over the years due to the jobs he’s held and he was squeaky clean each time

19-Sep-18
Imagine if these were your options: testify in public 5 days from now while under death threats and your family having to have security; or your allegation will be ignored in the confirmation of a SCOTUS nominee and a group of old white men will attempt to humiliate you and castigate you further. That is quite a choice.

19-Sep-18
"The polygraph means nothing. All has to do with how the questions are manipulated."

It's more than how the polygraph questions are manipulated. A person can trick a polygraph with a few simple techniques, regardless of the questions, if they know how it works. That's why they aren't admissible in court.

I've taken them and know from experience. I'll leave it at that.

Matt

19-Sep-18
Then imagine a husband and father being accused of behavior he did not do.

19-Sep-18
YFP. It would not have been difficult for her to have imagined that evolution of events before she decided to make the allegation, to begin with. But she did it anyway.

For whatever reason, she called attention to herself. After having 35 years to think about some kind of event or non- event she has shown such brilliance and moral character to top it off. What a leader. What conviction, A Strong courageous woman!

"She doesn't know how she got there " That's easy ... fantasy.

Those "old white men" are the popular target. Gender and race profile noted. Get a grip.

19-Sep-18

Annony Mouse's Link
Putzian logic:

Accuser's Lawyer: Having My Client Testify Under Oath Would be Contrary to the Purposes of Discovering the Truth

19-Sep-18

19-Sep-18
Those who live in the real world would have to compare the Kavanaugh accusations (based upon a repressed memory with no evidence) with how the media and Democrats deal with the actual event done by DEMOCRAT Keith Ellison.

BOMBSHELL: Ellison’s Accuser Releases Medical Records Documenting Alleged Abuse; Reveals How Democrats Have Treated Her

19-Sep-18
Kavanaugh’s Accuser and the Sticky Issue of Witness and Victim Memory

Interesting value read...probably well beyond Putzie's comprehension, but most normal people should have little problem.

19-Sep-18
I can't say one way or another if something did happen to her....it very well may have. 35/36 years ago is a long time and she has a few holes in her recollection that warrant caution WRT credibility. That said....DiFi owns how this plays out. She hosed this lady big time for the sake of politics and will eventually hang her out to dry.

19-Sep-18
I think Di-Fi did exactly what would do the most damage and no one got hosed. (Except the target victim) The accuser could have come forward at any time. Consenting conspiring adults (on the left).

19-Sep-18
YFP observes......"" Imagine if these were your options: testify in public 5 days from now while under death threats and your family having to have security;""

Hate to see anyone get threatened.

""or your allegation will be ignored in the confirmation of a SCOTUS nominee""

Thank DiFi for this. However she is being given numerous options to discuss her allegations. She can do it in public or in private....it's her call.

""and a group of old white men will attempt to humiliate you and castigate you further.""

You must watch The View because the Wretched Windbag Joy Behar said the same thing today. One of the Professor's options she was offered was to do this in private....she refused. Even Susan Collins offered up a legit option.....still refused.

"" That is quite a choice. ""

Again she was offered numerous choices to discuss her serious allegations. I suspect she is being coached (played) by some Dem operatives and their goal is to stretch out the confirmation process. The regular folks are seeing what is happening and growing tired of the Dems playing politics. I think this will back fire on the Dems AND hurt them in the upcoming November elections. The Repub operatives probably already have some fundraising ads in the can waiting for the right time to run them on TV.

19-Sep-18
That's only black ones Mouse, not whiteys.

19-Sep-18
I'd like to ask her why she didn't bring this up when he was appointed to the Washington DC court of appeals, a very powerful court. She'd had decades to think about it then.

It just doesn't pass the sniff test to me. The entire "MeToo" movement was named as such because once these slimeballs were outed, there were dozens of other women that said the same thing happened to them from the same guy. Slimeballs are slimeballs. When they're slimeballs as teenagers, they continue on with their slimeballishness their entire lives.

36 years have passed and there's no other accusers and you have multiple people saying that these actions are completely out of character for him.

20-Sep-18
I would love to see Soro's checkbook and see how much she and others have gotten. Talk about whores...........!

• Sitka Gear