gflight 19-Sep-18
Joey Ward 19-Sep-18
Woods Walker 19-Sep-18
Shuteye 19-Sep-18
Kurt in Memphis 20-Sep-18
18-Sep-18

Shuteye's embedded Photo
Shuteye's embedded Photo
I had my grill outside with cover on for a couple of days while I was mowing grass. I then put it in a locked shed for a week or so. I decided to do some grilling and got it out of the shed a carried it up to the house. I was surprised when I removed the cover and opened the lid. A rat snake was laying on what looked like a mouse nest. I grabbed the rat snake and took it to the woods. It must have eaten the woods mouse since the nest was empty. The snake is still catching mice but not in my grill. You have to be careful grabbing the rat snakes and get close to the head. They have real sharp teeth and I have been bitten by them before. They are good critters.

18-Sep-18
Nice surprise, Shuteye.

18-Sep-18
I really dislike mice. LOVE snakes... Might want to fire up that grill a little more regularly, there, Shuteye. ;)

18-Sep-18
That’s one hell of a mouse nest. My shed is loaded with mice and I was toying with the idea of buying some corn snakes to throw in there. Course I’d have to plug all the holes.

18-Sep-18
Wow, not a surprise I want to find. Good job releasing him.

18-Sep-18
That's super cool. I've always wanted to catch a black rat snake - very rare in my neck of the woods. Even more rare than a Timber Rattler or Copperhead, and those are RARE here.

Startling I bet though!

18-Sep-18

Joey Ward's embedded Photo
Didn’t grill this one, but fried him up the other night. Ran over him with the truck but saved the meat and rattles. Screwed up the skin. Love fried timber rattler. :-)

18-Sep-18

Went to pull the garbage can to the street and this moccasin was under it. Got to watch what your doing. :-)

18-Sep-18

Caught this green snake the other day moving through the privet hedge.

18-Sep-18

Son caught this chicken snake in the front yard. Turned it loose. Keeps the rodent population in check.

18-Sep-18

Have to watch when you get in your truck. Never know what’s inside. :-)

18-Sep-18

Copperheads everywhere. Watch your step.

18-Sep-18

Every once in a while you’ll run across a helper snake. King snake helping with the poisonous population.

18-Sep-18

Dad likes to eat chicken snakes raw. Says since there’s no feathers no need to cook them.

Lol. :-)

18-Sep-18

Copperheads will get in your garage sometimes. :-)

18-Sep-18
I caught a huge king snake crossing the road. I wrapped all around my arm as I drove home. Turned it loose in the garden.

18-Sep-18
Now Solo, my team let me down Saturday against those Tigers out of LSU. But my other team, the Trojans, put it on the Cornhuskers. So I’m good.

Hehehe. :-)

19-Sep-18
My brother and I once carried a roll of corn cribbing (AKA show fence) a couple of hundred yards. When we unrolled it, there was a rattlesnake inside.

19-Sep-18
If I'da been packin' I'da shot him......... I hate snakes..... too close to being bitten on the farm growning up by too many rattlers....

19-Sep-18
"But my other team, the Trojans, put it on the Cornhuskers. So I’m good. Hehehe. :-)"

- Enjoy it while it lasts, Joey. The era of mediocrity is waning at Nebraska. This time, we mean it.:)

19-Sep-18
Cool pics, rat snakes are one of the good guys. They are constrictors and will "climb" high in a tree for a meal.

19-Sep-18
We have a Gopher snake that inhabits our hedges every year.Started out at 2ft,and 3yrs later past 4ft.See a lot of Rattlesnakes,bu only take the ones over 4ft to eat and cure the skins.

19-Sep-18
Hey joey, I didn't know your dad was my pastor.....;)

19-Sep-18
Hehehe. :-)

He can talk some chit. Was a DI at PI. He’ll make you believe. :-)

19-Sep-18
Snakes do a good job of ratting, but Jack Russells are WAAAY more fun to watch.......if you can actually see more than the blur.......

19-Sep-18
My Scottie would do the same thing He could also rid the yard and garden of moles. Only problem was he could make a trench I had to fill back in when he was mole hunting. He was really good at killing them. He shook them just like the Jack Russells are doing to the rats. Same with snakes and he would sound like he was screaming when he grabbed a snake. Then I would have to get a hose and wash the blood and guts off the side of my house.

20-Sep-18

Kurt in Memphis's embedded Photo
Kurt in Memphis's embedded Photo
Went fishing and flipped over an aluminum row boat to have this moccasin looking at me. These snakes are mean and very aggressive. I have literally had them chase me around a small pond trying to get into the boat.

• Sitka Gear