Bowfreak 20-Sep-18
RK 20-Sep-18
HA/KS 20-Sep-18
RK 20-Sep-18
HA/KS 20-Sep-18
RK 20-Sep-18
19-Sep-18

HA/KS's Link
Republican in TX wins seat held by democrats for 139 years in special election.

"A retired game warden, [Pete] Flores defeated former state and U.S. Rep. Pete Gallego for the Senate District 19 seat after receiving backing from some of the state’s most prominent politicians, including Gov. Greg Abbott, Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, and U.S. Sens John Cornyn and Ted Cruz.

“We conservatives are conservative in the way we make approaches. The gunfight’s not over until the last shot’s fired,” Flores told the Express-News after Gallego conceded in a phone call just before 9 p.m. “The last shot’s been fired.”"

19-Sep-18
Will never happen in NM! The state of stupidity and mindless obedience to the demon-rats...

I would love to be wrong on this one.

20-Sep-18
Texans are well served by the results of this election Col. Flores is a great guy. Hell of a game warden and all around great guy. Voters got it right on all levels this time

20-Sep-18
Is this the type of "blue wave" we are going to see in November? I think so.....

20-Sep-18
What made this election unusual also was Col Flores won in the BASTION OF DEMOCATS- San Antonio!

20-Sep-18
RK, it comes down to having good candidates - and turnout. Look at 2016. Many democrats didn't turn out because they didn't have a good candidate.

There are still people (though fewer than historically) who are willing to choose a candidate over a party.

20-Sep-18
HA Very true. And in this election there were a good many democrats that crossed over to pick the best candidate and a person they knew they could trust

20-Sep-18
RK, I saw somewhere where someone is claiming that voter ID laws played a role in this. I find that doubtful, but what do you think?

20-Sep-18
LMAO

Those democrats down here will say voter ID LAWS affect whether it rains to much or to little

Not a chance. What did play a part in the dems losing this election is that their candidate sucked. He is old tired promise it all produce nothing politician

• Sitka Gear