Bob H in NH 19-Sep-18
KSflatlander 19-Sep-18
Bogie 20-Sep-18
Will 20-Sep-18
HA/KS 20-Sep-18
mn_archer 20-Sep-18
19-Sep-18

Will's Link
https://www.npr.org/2018/09/18/648722358/supreme-court-orders-disclosure-for-dark-money-as-new-report-unveils-some-donors

I'm all for this - be the donors Lib's or Con's... Seems like a win for the people to me. Curious about the CF's thoughts - I hadn't seen much in the news anywhere about this, but you all are way more tied into things so I figured some of you may have followed this along or have some interesting takes on it.

19-Sep-18
Just another attempt to regulate free speech.

19-Sep-18
JTV x2...uh, did I just say that? JTV are you moving left or am I moving right...lol?

19-Sep-18
How does it regulate speach? It's funding for commercials, funding isn't speach

19-Sep-18
You may be right there JTV. There are opinions here that make me rethink my views. That’s why I come here. No better way to check yourself then trying defend your point of view.

I think dark money and corporate contributions are a big threat to our democratic republic. Our government should be representative of the people not corporations.

20-Sep-18
would like to see private funding for the news media also, complete transparency for all. regardless of party

20-Sep-18
Agreed guys, it would be nice to be able to see the details. Better would be to toss PAC's totally, but this certainly helps better understand who is getting what from where.

20-Sep-18
It is not enforceable.

It turns into just another law that is selectively enforced against anyone who is out of favor with the current government.

Communist and other authoritarian governments have rules against free speech.

Almost all forms of speech (and all forms that present your speech to any large group) cost money.

A web page costs money. A newspaper, TV, radio, or Internet ad costs money.

An attorney to speak for you in court costs money.

20-Sep-18
I dont understand the fear of campaign contributions. All they buy is more adds. if you are the sorta voter that is easily swayed by commercials and junk mail maybe you shouldnt be voting

• Sitka Gear