Ace 20-Sep-18
Your fav poster 20-Sep-18
Ace 20-Sep-18
ICON 20-Sep-18
scentman 20-Sep-18
scentman 20-Sep-18
Woods Walker 20-Sep-18
20-Sep-18
"... learn to love the separation of powers, which means learning to love the gridlock"

Men like Justice Scalia are few and far between (and seem to be in particularly short supply lately).

20-Sep-18
Gridlock is an essential part of our government. I wholeheartedly agree. It shows that checks and balances actually work. Our founders were clear that no one party should have carte blanch in our country. So much for that though. Congress kisses trumps butt and now the SC will follow suit. It was a good run I guess.

20-Sep-18
Conflating the 'Resist' Movement with the Separation of Powers would suggest that someone has ... let's say: an Incomplete understanding of the concept.

Gridlock is not the goal, it's sometimes the inevitable result.

I believe that someone here said it well recently: "Nobody said this system is perfect, it's just better than everything else"

20-Sep-18
Late Mr. Justice Scalia is my favorite Court author. One of my favorite readings is when he is in dissent in United States v Windsor. In Printz v United States is one that he authored for the Court's majority opinion. Another beautiful piece of work.

20-Sep-18
FYI Republicans held Justice Scalia’s seat open for more than 400 days. but who's counting, am i right?

20-Sep-18

20-Sep-18
No, your most definitely left.

20-Sep-18
...and a bald faced liar.

• Sitka Gear