Browns 21. Jets 17

21-Sep-18
Miracles do happen!

21-Sep-18
''The miracle on grass''

21-Sep-18
Dilly Dilly to the Cleveland fans...8^)

21-Sep-18
Baker did well coming off the bench and getting a come from behind win. You could see the players were energized when he came in - not to mention the crowd came alive. I wish them the best.

21-Sep-18
Compared to Tyrod - he throws a very hard tight spiral - noticed the receivers were dropping some very easy catches (6-7), I'm sure due to the difference in throwing. They have 10 days before the next game - plenty of time to get used to those throws, he's a very accurate QB.

21-Sep-18
Welcome to the NFL Baker Mayfield...... Hell of a game !! He proved to the fans they picked the right QB over Sam Darnold.......

21-Sep-18
Hey, wait... So after that first game against the Lions the Jets have not shown themselves to be world beaters? YAY!

GO BROWNS!

21-Sep-18
The Lions have a way of making you look good.

21-Sep-18
I went to the airport to purchase tickets to Cleveland, they are all sold out:)

21-Sep-18
Is beating the Jets actually considered a victory??

21-Sep-18
Yes, beating anyone including a D2 college is a victory for Cleveland.

21-Sep-18
lol

21-Sep-18
"The Lions have a way of making you look good."

Unless you are the 49'ers last week when in the 4th quarter, the 'Niners proved they couldn't tackle, nor defend a pass.

Yet they won anyway, because it was the Lions they were playing.

22-Sep-18
I can't recall in my lifetime seeing a record of 1-1-1...... well, American football anyway.....

23-Sep-18
That 1-1-1 record puts them in 2nd place in their division right now, Steelers are in last place...8^) Yay...

24-Sep-18
Now THREE teams 1-1-1........ possibly FOUR..... if steelers win..... I'm rooting for three.... =D

24-Sep-18
What a weird week!

The Bills absolutely destroyed the Vikings, on the road, no less, despite being 17 point underdogs.

The Pack got crushed by the Redskins, despite being heavy favorites.

Then the Patriots got smoked by the Lions.

Yes, the LIONS!

24-Sep-18
Congrats to the Bills, glad they won, always like them and like Josh Allen... Actually liked Allen over Mayfield before draft...

The Bills were one of the few teams that didn't want the Browns to leave when Model took them to Baltimore, but Buffalo supported the Cleveland fans and actually had special Bills games inviting Cleveland fans after... I've never forgot it... Go Bills!!! Wish them the best...

25-Sep-18
TD - Yep after last night there in now 4 teams with the 1-1-1 record... When's the last time 4 teams were 1-1-1 in the NFL? Likely never...

25-Sep-18
If the Vikings kicker (now unemployed) hadn't missed THREE FG attempts against the Packers in Week 2, there would only be TWO 1-1-1 teams.

25-Sep-18
That's nothing... If the Browns kicker (now unemployed) wouldn't have missed TWO extra points and 2 field goals in game 2 and last second field goal in game 1, they'd be 3-0, rather 1-1-1.... He's missed 5 of his last 6 kicks...

25-Sep-18
IF may aunt had cojones she'd be my uncle......

30-Sep-18
Browns get robbed again... Swear officials have it in for them...

01-Oct-18
That was a terrible call. They definitely had first down. It was called first down on the field. They violated their own rules to reverse.

01-Oct-18
Marv Levy circa 1994... "where would you rather be,than right here right now"?

Any where! Including Cleveland! Heeeeelppp!!!!

01-Oct-18
I started yelling at my TV at the refs with 6 minutes left in the 4th quarter when the stripped sacked Carr and picked up the fumble for the end zone and refs blew a WAY early whistle and gave the ball back to Oakland, then to overturn the Hyde 3rd down run with a minute+ to end the game, THEY GOT ROBBED!!! Let alone the two late hits out of bounds late in the game never got called, and the major hold they had on a Browns rusher to the QB Carr on a critical 3rd down in OT then then converted.... Refs were freakn ridiculous...

01-Oct-18
I couldn’t bring myself to watch any more games after yet another disappointing loss from the Lions......

01-Oct-18
Looking forward to tonight's game, although I don't hold out much hope my Broncos can beat the Chiefs. They have too many offensive weapons, and their young QB looks to be a budding superstar.

Matt

01-Oct-18
Yeah, am looking forward to watching Mahomes tonight...

Hey Matt, was a Broncos fan for a couple years while living in a Denver suburb for a couple years from 97 - 99 and the Browns were nonexistent... Was actually there the two years they won the Super Bowl, and the place was freakn crazy... It took me near 40 years and a move across country to experience a Super Bowl city and the hoopla... It was great and an experience I'll never forget...

07-Oct-18
Browns in OT again!

07-Oct-18
Browns WIN!

08-Oct-18
They sure like the dramatic...8^)

Still can't tell if that OT field goal was partially blocked or just a screwball kick... Man that was close... They need to try out more kickers... Never seen so much bad kicking in the NFL as this year...

29-Oct-18
Well the axe fell today, Browns head coach Hue Jackson and offensive coordinator Todd Haley both fired...

29-Oct-18
With mid season changes its hard to over come and adjust to them playing in the NFL.

30-Oct-18
Should have happened last year. Too much talent to still be losing. Get the new coach started for next year.

30-Oct-18
Now who the heck they gonna get, Urban Meyer, Lincoln Riley? I don't want any part of a college coach...

30-Oct-18
The Chiefs go to Cleveland this Sunday. Will be fun for me.

30-Oct-18
Browns are gonna get slaughtered... It'll be embarrassing....

But hey, ya never know, "Any given Sunday"...8^) But I ain't betting on them...

30-Oct-18
Probably!

30-Oct-18
They can hire Mike McCarthy after the season's over.

30-Oct-18
Brotsky - True...8^)

Is there any young imaginary offensive minds out the in the NFL like a Shawn McVay? Although much of the NFL is kinda turning into the open spread type offence like college, I still don't want a college coach without NFL experience... Although young, all of McVay's experiences have been at the NFL level... I really liked what Dorsey did with the draft, lets see how well he does with his coaching search...

30-Oct-18
Saw a rumor on twitter that Matt Campbell of Iowa State is their number one target. That info is worth what I paid for it.

30-Oct-18
Yeah, Matt Campbell been mentioned around here too, but if they go the college route, I'd prefer Lincoln Riley or Meyer over Campbell... Doubt if Meyer will be at Ohio State next season due to his health, so double he'd want to take on the pressure of a pro team...

30-Oct-18
In past years, teams who have made a coaching change mid-season have won their next game 41% of the time. A far greater percentage than their total win percentage before the coaching change (26.6%).

The Chiefs have a terrible defense, but their offense picks up the slack. The Broncos were one score away from beating them twice this year due to Denver's defense. If we had just a mediocre offense, we would have won. I know, "ifs ands and buts...."

It will take the Brown's playing the game of their lives, and a little luck, but I think they can beat KC. At least that's my hope.

Matt

30-Oct-18
Grey Ghost - Cool stat, did not know that... Thanks...

Now hearing Baker Mayfield had riff with Hue Jackson, and siding with Haley, and reason for Dorsey and ownership for firing them both at mid season... Ownership trying to develop the right environment not only for Mayfield but also their other young talent...

Hawkarcher - Hearing more right now about Matt Campbell of Iowa State... Guess Dorsey really likes him, and has NE Ohio ties... Grew up the county next to me... Seen a pre college football small TV highlight on him and watched a little of the WV upset, but hadn't really watched Iowa State play... Rumors abound, but a 4 and 3 record is not that impressive to me...

30-Oct-18
No Zbone I would imagine that would be an unimpressive here. Iowa State is a traditional dumpster fire but he’s made them fun to watch. I just want him gone before he starts stealing Hawkeye recruits. He seems to be an uo and comer.

31-Oct-18
I think Matt's stats drill down to the team has lost all faith in the coach and system. If management has much connection to the pulse of the players...... often is the best move. A fresh start with all the pressure off and new challenges for many players..... fresh competition normally brings out the best..... (leftists never seem to grasp that =D)

College coaches.... other than a few like Pete Carroll.... often have a hard time moving to the NFL. The players aren't kids you can rah rah or browbeat, they are full grown, way full grown men. And they mostly all have been stars their entire life/career. Not just a star ego or 3 to deal with. And huge amounts of money on the table. Agents.... egos.... You either earn their respect or you are done. Lockeroom revolts are death.

I hope they get somebody good. But getting somebody like McVay is about like getting a Brady in the 6th round. If it were glaringly obvious everyone would have a Brady.....

The old school dictators in the mold of Parcells are just about done. There is this one draconian guy though, Bilichick or something..... but much of that IMO has to do with that luck of the 6th round pick........

In all honesty.... Browns are really quite competitive. A crazy stat is I think 4 of their 8 games went to overtime. OT..... often a lucky play here or there. Ofer a play or two and it doesn't even go to OT. I think their record is more so bad luck than bad coaching..... but you can only go with non-productive for so long. At some point enough is enough and a new path is needed, a fresh path.

The heck of it is..... who knows if the new path is out of the barren desert.... or from the frying pan and into the fire.....

31-Oct-18
Agree TD. One of the losses was bad officiating.

31-Oct-18
Yeah 4 OTs, they coulda/woulda/shoulda be 5 and 3, but the thing is their last two games they really lost bad and blown out... Personally believe that was the straw that broke their backs behind the scenes causing the unrepairable within the coaching staff... Talk is Haley tried to force Jackson out and management made the best/correct decision to fire them both... Reports been said Haley was SHOCKED he was fired...

On the college coach searching, Urban Meyer reported yesterday to the media he has a cyst on his brain, so unlikely he'll want to take on an NFL challenge, although says he's planning on being coach of the Buckeyes next year...

31-Oct-18
I suspect Denver will be shopping for a new head coach soon, too. Bronco country doesn't accept mediocrity too well.

In reality, the smarter move may be to promote an assistant coach for the remainder of the season. Position the team for higher draft picks (aka: lose the rest of their games). Then pick up the best head coach out of those who will inevitably be fired at the end of the season.

Matt

25-Nov-18

Zbone's embedded Photo
Zbone's embedded Photo
Again, two in a row baby, do I hear playoffs...8^))) It's about time, I luv Mayfield... Hey in all seriousness, if they can win out they'd be 9-6-1, and that tie could put them in that second wild card spot...8^)

25-Nov-18
Next year, maybe. I don't think they are play-off bound this year.

Good attitude though!

10-Jan-19
Freddie Kitchens is the Browns new man,,, yay... I think his relationship with Mayfield sealed the head coaching deal...

• Sitka Gear