Annony Mouse's Link
And this... (link)
This double standard is seen daily and promoted by the media.
Annony Mouse's Link
How values, opinions and beliefs are controlled in democratic societies.
Laird Wilcox 1990
Defamation is the destruction or attempted destruction of the reputation, status, character or standing in the community of a person or group of persons by unfair, wrongful, or malicious speech or publication. For the purposes of this essay, the central element is defamation in retaliation for the real or imagined attitudes, opinions or beliefs of the victim, with the intention of silencing or neutralizing his or her influence, and/or making an example of them so as to discourage similar independence and "insensitivity" or non-observance of taboos. It is different in nature and degree from simple criticism or disagreement in that it is aggressive, organized and skillfully applied, often by an organization or representative of a special interest group, and in that it consists of several characteristic elements.
Ritual Defamation is not ritualistic because it follows any prescribed religious or mystical doctrine, nor is it embraced in any particular document or scripture. Rather, it is ritualistic because it follows a predictable, stereotyped pattern which embraces a number of elements, as in a ritual.
The elements of a Ritual Defamation are these:
1. In a ritual defamation the victim must have violated a particular taboo in some way, usually by expressing or identifying with a forbidden attitude, opinion or belief. It is not necessary that he "do" anything about it or undertake any particular course of action, only that he engage in some form of communication or expression.
2. The method of attack in a ritual defamation is to assail the character of the victim, and never to offer more than a perfunctory challenge to the particular attitudes, opinions or beliefs expressed or implied. Character assassination is its primary tool.
3. An important rule in ritual defamation is to avoid engaging in any kind of debate over the truthfulness or reasonableness of what has been expressed, only condemn it. To debate opens the issue up for examination and discussion of its merits, and to consider the evidence that may support it, which is just what the ritual defamer is trying to avoid. The primary goal of a ritual defamation is censorship and repression.
4. The victim is often somebody in the public eye - someone who is vulnerable to public opinion - although perhaps in a very modest way. It could be a schoolteacher, writer, businessman, minor official, or merely an outspoken citizen. Visibility enhances vulnerability to ritual defamation.
5. An attempt, often successful, is made to involve others in the defamation. In the case of a public official, other public officials will be urged to denounce the offender. In the case of a student, other students will be called upon, and so on.
6. In order for a ritual defamation to be effective, the victim must be dehumanized to the extent that he becomes identical with the offending attitude, opinion or belief, and in a manner which distorts it to the point where it appears at its most extreme. For example, a victim who is defamed as a "subversive" will be identified with the worst images of subversion, such as espionage, terrorism or treason. A victim defamed as a "pervert" will be identified with the worst images of perversion, including child molestation and rape. A victim defamed as a "racist" or "anti-Semitic" will be identified with the worst images of racism or anti-Semitism, such as lynchings or gas chambers.
7. Also to be successful, a ritual defamation must bring pressure and humiliation on the victim from every quarter, including family and friends. If the victim has school children, they may be taunted and ridiculed as a consequence of adverse publicity. If they are employed, they may be fired from their job. If the victim belongs to clubs or associations, other members may be urged to expel them.
8. Any explanation the victim may offer, including the claim of being misunderstood, is considered irrelevant. To claim truth as a defense for a politically incorrect value, opinion or belief is interpreted as defiance and only compounds the problem. Ritual defamation is often not necessarily an issue of being wrong or incorrect but rather of "insensitivity" and failing to observe social taboos.
An interesting aspect of ritual defamation as a practice is its universality. It is not specific to any value, opinion or belief or to any group or subculture. It may be used for or against any political, ethnic, national or religious group. It may, for example, by anti-Semites against Jews, or by Jews against anti-Semites; by rightists against leftists or by leftists against rightists, and so on.
The power of ritual defamation lies entirely in its capacity to intimidate and terrorize. It embraces some elements of primitive superstitious belief, as in a "curse" or "hex." It plays into the subconscious fear most people have of being abandoned or rejected by the tribe or by society and being cut off from social and psychological support systems.
The weakness of ritual defamation lies in its tendency toward overkill and in its obvious maliciousness. Occasionally a ritual defamation will fail because of poor planning and failure to correctly judge the vulnerability of the victim or because its viciousness inadvertently generates sympathy.
It’s important to recognize and identify the patterns of a ritual defamation. Like all propaganda and disinformation campaigns it is accomplished primarily through the manipulation of words and symbols. It is not used to persuade, but to punish. Although it may have cognitive elements, its thrust is primarily emotional. Ritual Defamation is used to hurt, to intimidate, to destroy, and to persecute, and to avoid the dialogue, debate and discussion upon which a free society depends. On those grounds it must be opposed no matter who tries to justify its use.
I hope that bastard is getting a good scorching.
What did he do first?
He called his lawyer and then it was TWELVE HOURS later before he reported the event.
Yet for the Dems. he was their hero, esp. because he was so 'awesome' on defending women.
I swear, you cannot make this stuff up!
Annony Mouse's Link
Annony Mouse's Link
"Outside" Attorney Hired by Democrat Party: The Allegations Against Keith Ellison Cannot Be Sustained Without Videotape and Evidence Beyond His Ex-Girlfriend's Claims
The AP reports the "outside attorney" concludes:
"An allegation standing alone is not necessarily sufficient to conclude that conduct occurred, particularly where the accusing party declines to produce supporting evidence that she herself asserts exists," Ellingstad wrote.
You mean like therapist's notes, for example?
He doesn’t know where he lives.
Via Fresno Bee:
TJ Cox “made an honest mistake” when he marked a second home in Maryland as his principal residence, the Fresno Democrat’s campaign said Tuesday.
Spokesmen for the campaign last week claimed the principal residence declaration was the result of an error by the state. The campaign then characterized it as Cox’s mistake after The Bee provided it with a notarized public document showing Cox had initialed and signed a section saying the home was his primary residence.
Cox, a Democrat who owns several businesses in the central San Joaquin Valley, is running against Rep. David Valadao, R-Hanford, for California’s 21st Congressional District seat.
The Bee previously reported that Cox owned a three-bedroom, four-bathroom house in Bethesda, Maryland – a Washington, D.C., suburb – and claimed the nearly $1 million home as a principal residence. Cox also claimed a Fresno home as his principal residence, and federal tax laws do not allow an individual to claim more than one.
Campaign spokesman Phillip Vander Klay said Tuesday that, after The Bee brought the issue to his attention, Cox contacted the state of Maryland and Montgomery County, where his home is located, to change his residency status. He also is willing to refund the $692 tax credit he received from the county as a result of the error, Vander Klay added.
State property records show the home is no longer classified as Cox’s principal residence.
When asked why Cox did not notice the error in 2017, when he collected the tax credit, Vander Klay said: “It was an honest mistake that he filled out the principal residence not knowing the legal definitions. His family was living there.”
Keep reading…(more at link)
Yet the social justice warriors cheered on the all black cast of Hamilton.
Via Daily Mail:
A student production of West Side Story at Kent State University has been cancelled after uproar that white students had been cast to play Latino characters.
Latino students who auditioned for roles playing members of the ‘Sharks’, a Puerto Rican street gang in the musical, were outraged after the three leading roles all went to non-Latino students...
The ultimate Democrap standard of youthful behavior.
Are you kidding?!? This is Minnesota we're talking about...Ellison's words and actions are a badge of honor and he's a shoe-in to win. We love our scumbags here! You've never seen a more blind voting constituency than we got here..
Judicial Watch has uncovered documents showing that $9 million in tax payer money was funneled to a George Soros organization to influence the political process in Albania.
It appears that embassy officials in Tirana directed top officials of The Open Society Foundation on how to apply for US grant money to support “grassroots democracy” and “anti-corruption” efforts.
Judicial Watch alleges that the money wasn’t used as intended and instead went to support socialists in Albania, “That included working with the country’s socialist government to push for highly controversial judicial “reform.”
more at link
We held lots of them in the late 70s early 80s, outdoor parties wouldn't be the same without a magic marker, binder or clothespin so you could tell its yours. They used to sell for $5-10 a cup so you could make as many trips to the keg as you wanted. even had a class mate sell one to the cop, no wait!! Everyone scattered as he was in uniform, funny as hell to hear everyone splashing through the swamp.. See guys this is why I told you to wear rubber boots and don't go that way if the cops show up.
But what the hey...that was while she was in college. Now that she is woke, all is excused. Right, CNN?
Annony Mouse's Link
Sexually Harassed by Christine Blasey Ford
This alarming allegation of sexual harassment by Christine Blasey Ford is backed up by every bit as much corroboration as Ford herself provided for her own accusations before the Senate Judiciary Committee. Warning; this testimony is R-rated and disturbing enough to cause PTSD and erectile dysfunction: