Your fav poster 29-Oct-18
Zbone 29-Oct-18
Brotsky 29-Oct-18
Pi 29-Oct-18
Shuteye 29-Oct-18
NvaGvUp 29-Oct-18
bb 29-Oct-18
02-Oct-18
Here we go boys !! I know you’re watching your Cubbies tonight Jeff....!!

02-Oct-18
Gotcha......... I have to break it to the Cleveland fans..... I gotta root for my favorite Tiger JV and the Astros again this year.

02-Oct-18
The Tribe will break my heart again no doubt, but my heart is with them. We are the new Cubs.

02-Oct-18
Go Braves! :-)

02-Oct-18
ROCKS!!

02-Oct-18
I hope you’re listening still Jeff.... The Cubs just tied it at 1 in the bottom of the 8th......

02-Oct-18
I’m going to bed..... still tied.....

03-Oct-18
YEAH BABY!!!

03-Oct-18
When I played, I watched all the time. Then, for years, I just watched the playoffs. After awhile, just the Series. Now, I couldn't name a single World Series Champion from the last few years (combined) if you held a gun to my head. Weird, because I used to really love baseball and can't identify a reason why that would have changed.

03-Oct-18
Owl,

It's not the most riveting sport to watch, I'll admit. I always enjoyed playing it over watching it. I follow my Rockies in the years they compete well, like this year. Not so much, otherwise.

I also think 162 games a year is too many. It becomes a battle of attrition rather than athletic talent.

Matt

03-Oct-18
You're not alone, just heard on the radio this morning that Baseball attendance is WAY DOWN and going south every year. Personally I don't understand it as I much prefer it to any other sport. It used to be "America's sport", but America sure the hell ain't what it used to be either. I think Baseball is too slow and not "in your face" enough for this modern age where everybody wants to invest as little time as possible to get what they want RIGHT NOW. Sad..

Anyway, I'll be watching. Best time of year as far as I'm concerned; I love the playoffs!

03-Oct-18
THIS will be the Brewers year! The spirits of Eddie and Warren are on their side.

03-Oct-18
Well it won’t be the Cubs......

03-Oct-18
"Well it won’t be the Cubs......"

Hehehe. JTV is unusually quiet this morn. ;-)

Matt

03-Oct-18
Cubs? They still have another 98 years to wait!

03-Oct-18
My brother said "A baseball game is 3 minutes of action crammed into 3 hours."

I don't know if he thought of it of got it somewhere, but it explains a lot about why people don't go to games or watch.

The smart phone might save baseball because people can go to the game and spend 3 hours on their phone with their friends and other media.

03-Oct-18
GG, just drop YFP a PM and ask for a comment :)

(IM KIDDING JTV! :))

What do you guys think of the wild card games this evening? A's or Yanks? I'm pulling for the A's.

03-Oct-18
Everyone is pulling for the A's. Even Jesus hates the Yankees.

03-Oct-18
Now THAT was funny, Brotsky!!

Thanks for the laugh, brother.

Matt

03-Oct-18
Amen Brotsky! Ditto GG - that right there win's funny CF post of the year award in my book :) AWESOME!

03-Oct-18
Go TRIBE!!!

03-Oct-18
Only reason those MA guys are pulling for the A's is they are afraid that if the Yankees win they'll roll over their Sox.

The Red Sox had an awesome year, but Will if you are gonna be the Champs you should want to beat the best. This Yankees team is pretty young but they have a lot of spark in them, they are built around the long ball and a Bullpen. If they get decent Starting Pitching they could do some real damage. Severino has it in him ... sometimes he does forget to bring it to the ballpark with him though.

03-Oct-18
It’s easy to hate the Yankees but I like Aaron Judge....... he’s a real respectful kid and so far a credit to the game....... with beast power......

Besides...... It’s just as easy for me to hate the California teams as it is the Yankees..... :-)

03-Oct-18
And on cue...... Here comes the Judge !!!

03-Oct-18
Ace, I always liked the "beat the best" logic. 10 years from now, you sit back, and think... World series #4, during a time when the B's won 1, Celt's 1 and Pat's 5... I wont sweat the yankee's. I'm still smarting from last year's superbowl too. The Eagles were the better team, and played the slightly better game. I'd have much rather they played the Vikings :) (though I'd possibly be divorced given my Minnesotan wives passion for the Purple)

That said, the reality, despite the record... The sox have had a feel of a team that beats who they should and at best is 50-50 against good teams - though it feels like they lose to good teams more than they win. My gut says they win the ALDS and are done there.

03-Oct-18
I guess Jesus has a sense of humor too.

;)

Matt

04-Oct-18
Congrats Brewers. Damnit.

Can’t wait for game 2.

Matt

05-Oct-18
I hope the Brewers win it all. Solely because I want to see Cain and Moustakas get another ring. Those guys are class acts, and Royal Blue!!

:)

05-Oct-18
JV was better than Kluber today...... Astro’s up 1-0 on the Tribe.....

05-Oct-18
Bake x 2, the Brewers have been disrespected by the boys (Cubs & White Sox) down the road for a long time.

06-Oct-18
Astros won their game with Cleveland. All we need is just 10 more wins.

06-Oct-18
Cole........12 Ks leads Houston past Carrasco and the Tribe...... Astros up 2-0 in the series. Cleveland must win 3 in a row or be eliminated......

06-Oct-18
Breaks my heart.

How about Ohio State?

;)

07-Oct-18
Yeah, saddened by the Tribe...

07-Oct-18
It ain’t over till the fat lady sings

07-Oct-18
"Astros won their game with Cleveland. All we need is just 10 more wins."

Astros got their 2nd win, one more and Cleveland is out. Just 9 more wins. Keep It!

07-Oct-18
"Astros won their game with Cleveland. All we need is just 10 more wins."

Astros got their 2nd win, one more and Cleveland is out. Just 9 more wins. Keep It!

07-Oct-18
You are all Cleveland haters, it is discrimination!

Thought I could make this political;)

07-Oct-18
Well, I'm all for Boston and the Yankees banging it other's pitching to shreds...lol

08-Oct-18
I hate these best of 5 division series... Teams bust their butts all summer to win their division, and it could be over in 3 games... Division series should be best of 7...

08-Oct-18
If I lived in Ohio I'd be thinking the same right about now......:(

08-Oct-18
I agree with that Zbone

08-Oct-18
Zbone,

Why prolong the inevitable?

;)

It's destiny baby!

08-Oct-18
Well, yesterday was a bad day For Denver/Colorado sports fans. The Broncos and Rockies were both pathetic. Congrats to the Jets and Brewers, sorry my teams weren't more competitive.

Matt

08-Oct-18
Astros advance.

08-Oct-18
For the last couple years the Astros have played better ball on the road than at home.

Couple extra days rest if Boston and NY play 5.

08-Oct-18
Well, my summer is now over, Tribe got thumped...

08-Oct-18
The boys of summer are gone for me also.

Maybe next....

08-Oct-18
My boys of summer were done in July.... the Tigers.

Looks like the Dodgers are about to finish off the Braves.

08-Oct-18
Dodgers and Brewers in the NLCS.

08-Oct-18
GO RED SOX!!!!

09-Oct-18
Kyle....... I ran into J.D. Martinez in a flower shop on mother’s day when he played in Detroit...... I gave him a fist bump and said I’m a big fan........ I kid with my buddies that since my fist bump...... he’s been on fire !!!

09-Oct-18
Yesterday was the worse day for the Indians since 1492.....lol

Pulling for the Yankees tonight, like to see a 13 inning game too.

09-Oct-18
Thumper - Was also last day of Chief Wahoo, I'm saddened...

Am now pulling for Astros and Brewers...

09-Oct-18
Yeah what a bunch of political crap that is.....

09-Oct-18
LOL Thumper!

09-Oct-18
I’m pulling for my former Tigers J.D. Martinez,, Ian Kinsler, Rick Porcello and David Price.... Led by Dave Dombrowski........ but if they advance I’m all in for the Astros......

Dombrowski went to college with one of our cops who is a friend of mine.... When he retired about 5 years ago,, Dombrowski came to his retirement party..... I thought that was pretty cool of him not to forget about the not so famous friends in his busy life.

09-Oct-18
That is cool BB. C'mon Sawx!

10-Oct-18
I went to bed before the end of the game but it looks like the Sox held on to advance to the ALCS...... congratulations !!

10-Oct-18
No games 'till Friday. Networks must be losing their pull with MLB ... LOL.

10-Oct-18
All about the $$$ JD... Im astonished the Sawx pen held up, only letting the Yank's win 1 game. They have surprised me all year. I keep feeling like they are smoke and mirrors, and either the offense shows up like crazy (16-1 for example) or the pitching pulls a surprise (last night) and holds it together just enough... They keep pulling it off, so maybe I should just believe :). Astro's are the real deal, should be a great ALCS.

14-Oct-18
Verlander outpitched Kluber and now Sale....... he’s on a roll....

14-Oct-18
I concur BIG BEAR...

15-Oct-18
Astros and Bosox all tied up at 1.

16-Oct-18
Wow !!! Boston going up 2-1 with authority !!

16-Oct-18
Final Score:

Red Sox 8, Astros 2.

Go, Red Sox!

16-Oct-18
Go Sawx indeed! Completely blew me away that they played so well today. Impressive.

17-Oct-18
Manchado needs to be suspended for a minimum of a game. Two games in a row he intentionally tried to take players out while running bases. I’d rather see a suspension over a needless season/career ending injury.

17-Oct-18
Local news here in NE Ohio just ran a piece tonight, were a Astros employee was ejected from the Indians series because of stealing signs and using a camera, and now has been ejected from Boston series...

I now change my rooting for the Sox...8^)

Now I see its making ESPN news... Multiple teams accusing Astros of cheating... If there's smoke, there's fire... I know I know, stealing signs been going on since the beginning of the sport, its part of the game,,, BUT, using a camera is a little over the top for me... Kinda like the Patriots BeleCHEAT scandal...8^) But hey, they say if your not trying to cheat, you are not trying...8^)

17-Oct-18
The fan interference call in the first inning could have gone either way. I can see where you could make an argument that the interference was not in the field of play... which would have made it a 2 run home run...

17-Oct-18
Stealing signs....... ask the Tigers about Sale using binoculars from the bull pen to steal signs... his teammate now Ian Kinsler beasted on him for using the binos to steal signs..... It happens.....

The Dodgers are a game away from the World Series....

18-Oct-18
And now the Red Sox are one game away from the World Series......

18-Oct-18
Bradley hits another dinger, Benintendi makes a great catch at the end and the Red Sox go up three games to one.

Re. the fan interference call, even the Astros agree it was the right call.

18-Oct-18
Well...... I’m still pulling for the Astros..... but if the Sox go to the World Series then I will be rooting for J.D. Martinez and the Sox...........

Rooting for the National League would be like voting Democrat........

18-Oct-18
The Astros agreed on the call? Hmmm... I thought it was a home run personally. Sure looked like the "interference" was above and beyond the wall. Having said that, I did not watch a bunch of replays.

18-Oct-18
I needed the sleep, so I didnt watch the last several innings. But cool to see the Sawx take another. I'm truly amazed. All year, against good teams they were ok, but not the steam roller they were against the rest of the league... And against everyone, the pen stunk.

They are pulling all the right levers for sure!

Hope they can pull it off.

18-Oct-18
The Astro's fan hit Betts' glove before the ball went over the wall. Hence the fan interference call.

18-Oct-18
Are you trying to say that the timing of where the ball was had something to do with the call? I don't think that is how the rule is written. Or, are you just saying it was called that the fan hit Betts' glove while it was still over the field of play?

I looked at several replays now, and I wouldn't be able to definitively say one way or the other. It looks like the glove was directly over the top of the wall, but apparently there aren't any good video angles over the wall.

18-Oct-18
His glove was bumped before the ball went over the wall.

18-Oct-18
I’m with Corey. I couldn’t determine definitively that the ball was in the field or over the wall from any of the replays... And I feel that had Joe West called it a home run on the field that call would not have been overturned either.......

But it’s all a moot point now.

18-Oct-18
Boston looks unbeatable !! 4-0 against JV........ time for bed.

18-Oct-18
"I looked at several replays now, and I wouldn't be able to definitively say one way or the other. It looks like the glove was directly over the top of the wall, but apparently there aren't any good video angles over the wall."............But the head umpire was able to make the call from behind third base ????.

A ball that hits the top of the wall is a home run. The ball was out of the playing field, it was up for grabs.

Boston has a 4 run lead going into the 7th. Doesn't look good for the Astros, bats have been awfully quite.

Edit: Astros are out of the running.

19-Oct-18
Red Sox are off to the World Series!

In the playoffs, they went 3-1 against the 100 win Yankees and 4-1 against the 103 win Astros.

19-Oct-18
It is unfortunate that the umpires were not invisible in this series.

Thumper, I think they probably had to make that call because there was no definitive evidence to overturn, which is unfortunate also. There is nothing in the rules that grants fan interference because a fan interferes with a player out of the field of play while the ball is in play. If that factored into the decision on the other game, it was a surefire blunder.

19-Oct-18
I thought that if the batted ball leaves the field of play and is caught (IE beyond the wall/fence) it's an out, If it lands beyond the fence it's a HR, BUT if it's deflected back into the field of play by a player (which is what happened by how I saw it) it's a live ball.

I thought that the correct ruling on the field would have been: that ball was deflected back into the field of play by Betts' glove and was live, and the runner gets a single or double or wherever he wound up. But that's not what they rued at the time of the play.

Of course, with the replay rule, there has to be "substantial evidence" to overturn a call. So that's why we ended up where we did. They ruled an out on the field (due to Fan Interference) and they said that due to lack of evidence, they couldn't overturn that call. They might need to tweak that rule or cases like this.

19-Oct-18
I managed to watch that one... best I've seen Price pitch, maybe ever in a Sox uniform. They sure look like they are rolling... Hopefully they can win 4 more.

19-Oct-18
Congrats to Boston !! Makes me sad as a Tigers fan that we once had Verlander, Porcello, Max Scherzer and David Price pitching for us..... and more recently..... J.D. Martinez crushing home runs. I hope Boston wins it all !!

19-Oct-18
Congrats to Sox fans...

19-Oct-18
I've been a Red Sox fan since I was a kid in the mid-fifties.

Back then, if they finished as high as third in the American League (which had just eight teams), I was happy.

I waited a long time before they finally won the World Series in 2004. They've since won two more and may well be on their way to another one.

Go, Red Sox!

19-Oct-18

19-Oct-18
LA gets a homer in Top One, but the Brewers answer with FOUR in Bottom One!

Go, Milwaukee!

20-Oct-18
Brewers looked better tonight!

20-Oct-18
Woot! Finally some offense.

20-Oct-18
Ace, The call was fan interference. They interfered with Betts making the play so in that case they rule the batter out. That was the call on the field. The replay was inconclusive so the call on the field stands. If it was initially ruled a home run, that would have stood also.

20-Oct-18
If they make the fence higher, they would eliminate fan interference.

20-Oct-18
Go Crew! Game 7!

20-Oct-18
Whomever wins tonight's game, the Red Sox will be BIG favorites to win the Series.

21-Oct-18
Least Coast vs Worst Coast

Not the real America

21-Oct-18
Ugh. That was painful .

Go Sox. Can't stand muchado or that dirty ginger.

24-Oct-18
Red Sox 8, Dodgers 4!

24-Oct-18
The worst possible matchup that could have occurred in these playoffs came true... but the so-called pundits and the bandwagons are lovin it.

24-Oct-18
I’m pulling for the Sox now !!

25-Oct-18
Boston takes a 2-0 Series lead !!! They have forced the Dodgers to win 4 out of 5 games to win it.....

25-Oct-18
Winning it in LA would be nice.

As of last night, the Red Sox are now 9-2 in the playoffs even though they've been playing the best teams in baseball.

25-Oct-18
Awesome game. Hopefully they can break out the brooms in 2 games... If not, hopefully they can pull off the series win ASAP.

25-Oct-18
Dodgers are in trouble...

25-Oct-18

Will's Link
Cool. Mookie Betts feeding folks at a shelter after game 2 of the world series!

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/red-sox/mookie-betts-takes-his-heroics-field-feeding-homeless

(Just edited this on my PC... my phone turned "Mookie" into "Moodie"...

27-Oct-18
wow

18 innings. Over 7 hours. Awesome.

One game at a time. That's how you play it.

27-Oct-18
Wow !!! I went to bed in the 8th......

27-Oct-18
That was a game for the record books.

27-Oct-18
I wonder if this is the first time a world series could go 8 games :)

If you like sports, you like that. Awesome battle. Congrats to the Dodgers... GO SAWX!

27-Oct-18
Hell of a game, I actually watched it to the end... Me and a few beers that is...8^)

27-Oct-18
Now that the Dodgers have guaranteed a game 5, there will be something happening Sun 10/28/18 that never happened before.

An NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, and MLS Home Game in the same city all the same day. Since the Kings and the Ducks both play it’s 6 teams, 5 sports. All in LA.

27-Oct-18
Oops... Posted on wrong thread...

28-Oct-18
Dodgers blew a 4-0 lead....... and now the Bosox are one win away from the prize......

28-Oct-18
Nice comeback!

One more to go!

28-Oct-18
Especially considering the top of their order isn't hitting.

28-Oct-18
They're really deep. Every night it seems, one or two guys you don't think of much, come through for them at the plate.

28-Oct-18
They really are very deep. That's not to say that the guys that came through were a surprise, it's just that when the guys with the big averages are on, it's an incredible display of offense.

28-Oct-18
Sox are 7 outs away from the prize..... count it down......

28-Oct-18

28-Oct-18
Price is dealing. There’s your series MVP if they close it out tonight

28-Oct-18
Could be.... Maybe Pearce....

28-Oct-18

28-Oct-18

28-Oct-18

28-Oct-18

28-Oct-18
I’m going to bed.... Congrats in advance to Boston from a fan of J.D. Martinez..... Rick Porcello.... David Price...... Ian Kinsler and Dave Dombrowski.....!!!

28-Oct-18
2!

Strikeout!

28-Oct-18
1!

Another Strike out!

28-Oct-18
0!!!!!!

Sale strikes out the side and the Red Sox are once again World Series Champions!!!!

28-Oct-18
Big Bear...you called it... Steve Pearce MVP

29-Oct-18
Sitting those last 6 batters and putting Machado on the ground was amazing! Love that dirty water!!

29-Oct-18
That's was awesome! Couple cool things that were on local news here this AM: 1.) During the celebration on the streets of Boston, the PD was rightfully out and keeping an eye on things. Were there confrontations? Perhaps, but there was awesome footage on the news of the celebrating fans walking down lines of PD high fiving and shaking hands. In this day and age, seeing people of all types, being pumped with PD is awesome. I thought that was really cool. 2.) In the locker room the team spontaneously broke into singing "New York, New York". As a fan of New England sports, this is simply wonderful :). 3.) David Price - dang. He's been butchered by the press and fan's here for his lack of play off win's and seeming detonations in "big" games even in the regular season. To see the way he's played since the Yankee series... Awesome. Cool to see someone get the "monkey off the back". Felt like a longer version of Steve Young in the SB years ago. Very cool.

Sounds like the parade will be Wednesday. I wont be there, work and all... My nephew goes to school in Boston and will be there, Ill get lots of good pic's from him hopefully. Exciting.

29-Oct-18
Boston clinched all three of their playoff series on the road.

I wonder if that's been done before.

They also went 11-3 in those three series.

29-Oct-18
What is amazing to me is prior to the W/S, they had to beat two 100 win teams and seemed to do so with a minimum of stress.

Loved the way Cora used his pitching staff

29-Oct-18
Cora should get mgr of the year. Every move he made just worked brilliantly. And you can see how much those guys enjoyed playing for him.

This is a special team in Red Sox history

29-Oct-18
Congrats to Sox fans...

29-Oct-18
"I wonder if that's been done before. They also went 11-3 in those three series. "

The 2005 Chicago White Sox clinched each of their series on the road and went a record 11-1 in the post season in what was one of the most dominating post-season runs in modern history equaled only by the 1999 Yankees. Chicago's starting pitching in the post season was almost unhittable that season.

29-Oct-18
Politics... Sucks to be from N.E.

Sports... No so bad.

29-Oct-18
I have always been an AL fan no matter the team when it came to the world series. I used to go to Baltimore anytime the Red Sox were there mainly to see Carl Yastrzemski. Most of you are too young to remember him but he was something else. I also like to watch Boog Powell knock the ball up into the stands. Now he makes the best roast beef sandwiches in the world if you can afford them.

29-Oct-18
bb,

I agree. NY won 100 and Houston won 105,

LA only won 91 but that’s because they didn’t get rolling until late. From then on they were very good

29-Oct-18
Yeah, LA was good once they got their injuries under control prior to that they struggled. You would kind of expect to have to play a 100 win team in the world series, not necessarily two in the lead up. I'm generally a national league fan, had Chase Utley made the post season team, I would have been pulling for LA just to see him retire with another ring.

• Sitka Gear