mn_archer 04-Oct-18
orionsbrother 04-Oct-18
South Farm 04-Oct-18
orionsbrother 04-Oct-18
gflight 05-Oct-18
South Farm 05-Oct-18
orionsbrother 05-Oct-18
04-Oct-18
The Macallan Valerio Adami 1926, sold for $5.000 in 1994 and sold for $1,102,516.....

The whisky is described as being 60 years old, as it was created in 1926 and bottled in 1986. Macallan commissioned pop artists Valerio Adami and Peter Blake to design labels for a limited edition of 24 bottles — 12 Adami and 12 Blake.

04-Oct-18
I have a customer that paid 800k for 6 bottles of wine at a fundraiser. I've seen generosity before but the level of giving from this family is astonishing. They also gave 60m to his alma mater for a new athletic building.

michael

04-Oct-18
I saw this. The Macallan used to share their largess with me when they were very active marketing with the fly fishing community and I was doing some work for the American Museum of Fly Fishing. I gratefully received several bottles of 12, 18 and even 25 year old. Liquid gold.

Tastes best sitting next to your canoe on a piece of 3.75 billion year old Canadian Shield granite with a fiery sunset in your eyes, some wood smoke and spring pine in your nostrils, trout in your belly and a splash of cool lake water comingling with The Macallan in a sierra cup.

But... if I had one of those bottles... I'd sell it and go hunting and paddling.

04-Oct-18
If I had one of those bottles I wouldn't be cramped up and half paralyzed in no damn canoe, that's for sure! In the words of the late great Patrick McManus..."they shoot canoes don't they?"

04-Oct-18
Dave - It's the rodeo boat kayaks that'll cramp ya!

What part of MN are you in? I've never lived there, but i'da thought that speaking ill of canoes in MN would result in someone throwing holy water on ya... or maybe at least lutefisk.

05-Oct-18
Ewww... lutefisk, limburger, and balute are three things I won't eat....

05-Oct-18
I worked for the Forest Service once upon a time, paddled all over the BWCA, still do on occasion to go fishing, but overall I'll take a motor boat any day! Actually, it's kayaks you can't speak ill of these days...cult following is putting it mildly.

05-Oct-18
Yep Dave. One of my buddies is a fanatical kayaker/cultist.

I enjoy fishing out of a boat, especially with the kids, but I still love my canoes. They take me places where The Macallan tastes even better.

• Sitka Gear