Pete In Fairbanks 05-Oct-18
kps@work 05-Oct-18
mn_archer 05-Oct-18
mn_archer 05-Oct-18
mn_archer 05-Oct-18
04-Oct-18
One giant step closer!

From the WashPo:

"GOP Sens. Flake and Collins express satisfaction with FBI report, increasing odds of Senate confirmation of Kavanaugh

John Wagner, Seung Min Kim 29 mins ago

BREAKING NEWS: GOP Sens. Flake and Collins express satisfaction with FBI report, increasing odds of Senate confirmation of Kavanaugh this weekend.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-Maine), who has not indicated how she would vote, said that “It appears to be a very thorough investigation but I’m going back later to personally read the interviews.”

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) told reporters, “We’ve seen no additional corroborating information.”

Collins, Flake and Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska) are the critical votes that could ensure Brett M. Kavanaugh’s nomination to the Supreme Court."

04-Oct-18
Murkowski already said she's a "No" vote Yesterday. Nothing to do with the Ford accusations according to her, just a disagreement on Kavanaugh's stance on key issues.

With Collins and Flake, she won't be needed.

04-Oct-18
If a GOP senator doesn't vote to confirm BK they will have just unelected themselves from reelection.

Democrats just might be paying big money for GOP senators to switch parties. Wouldn't suprise me one bit.

04-Oct-18
Senator Murkowski lost the primary in 2010 but won via write in. Then in 2016 she won the Republican nomination but ran as a libertarian. She is not a sure thing but she does have 4 more years.

04-Oct-18
"I heard this Am that Ben Sasse is all wishy on Kavanaugh ... what the hell is up with these idiots ??"

Zero accountability and a lifetime pension with benefits...

04-Oct-18
Being in a position where a big issue hangs in your vote gives you power and leverage in the Senate. Most of what goes on there is based on power and leverage.

04-Oct-18
ben Sasse tries to sound conservative but he will let his disgust of the POTUS make his decisions for him.

I do believe Sasse will be a yes vote but he could be a wildcard. hopefully Senator McConnell and Graham can reign in these morons

04-Oct-18
I wish flake would go away

04-Oct-18
Sasse ran against an establishment supported candidate in 2014 and won.

I can't see his dislike for Trump as a person getting in the way of his vote for a Constitutionalist/Originalist nominee.

He will vote 'Aye.'

04-Oct-18
If Murkowski is no based on policy positions, why the drama and suspense the last two weeks? None of that changed. I smell a rat.

05-Oct-18
elkmtngear sez: "Murkowski already said she's a "No" vote Yesterday. Nothing to do with the Ford accusations according to her, just a disagreement on Kavanaugh's stance on key issues. With Collins and Flake, she won't be needed."

I can assure you that this will mean that she is "not needed" in Alaska any more either!

Pete

05-Oct-18
She did indeed vote no, but Kavanaugh goes ahead 51-49 anyway.

05-Oct-18
Pete, I was watching MSNBC and they said Murk is politically bulletproof in Alaska. I was wondering how they forgot 2010 when she lost her primary election.

I wish you luck in sending her packing

05-Oct-18
Pat, Dude, coming from Connecticut that's hilarious.

dont forget she lost the 2010 primary and was refused a shot as the libertarian candidate. She won reelection via write-in votes. Then in 2016 she won the primary on the Republican ticket but abandoned them and sought and received the libertarian spot. She then ran against and beat the Republican.

She might not be as secure as many believe

05-Oct-18
1 more thing... she was originally appointed by her father.if anything screams political swamp its being given such a powerful job by your father...

#draintheswamp

• Sitka Gear