Chuckster 06-Oct-18
mn_archer 06-Oct-18
JTV 06-Oct-18
JTV 06-Oct-18
Solo 06-Oct-18
JTV 06-Oct-18
05-Oct-18
Ill admit to almost tearing up a bit.

Well the old gal came around. Her speech was actually really good and quite informed and she gained a bit of respect from me. Her voice is quite shaky. She sounds a heck of a lot older than she is.

Democrats would do very well to utilize Senator Collins method when evaluating potential appointments.

Thank you Senator Collins

Congratulations Associate Justice Kavanaugh!

By a razor thin margin democracy wins the day

Michael

05-Oct-18
All this winning sure is exhausting...naw, I never get tired of tasting liberal tears!

05-Oct-18
Trump said we would tire of winning. Not me, bring it on Mr President

05-Oct-18
Justice Kavanaugh, got a great ring to it!

05-Oct-18
It does sound nice

05-Oct-18
President Donald Trump......my hat. Who in their wildest dreams could ever have believed that this was the man who God Himself tapped to literally save America from herself single handily. Amazing and incredible.

The Rock

The Rock

05-Oct-18
What GOP President other than Trump would have stayed with his nominee through all of this garbage?

Certainly not Bush I or Bush II. They would have withdrawn the nomination and replaced Judge Kavanaugh with some squishy middle-of-the roader.

05-Oct-18
You are right Nva and others.

President Trump has strength and vision and more important he isn't beholden to old school Party power politics. President Trump could care less about the Republican Party unlike Party fools and tools like Bush and Shrub. He does what is right for this nation and we the people. Thank you President Trump and welcome Justice Kavanaugh!

05-Oct-18
Have to admit, Collins had me quite concerned when she announced this morning that she would be speaking.

What a pleasant surprise, and a fantastic, thoughtful speech.

A good day for America.

KPC

05-Oct-18
That's actually a really important point Kyle. I could've seen W withdraw Justice Kavanaugh (it sounds so good) and appointing someone much less conservative

05-Oct-18
Kevin, I thought the same thing. I LOVED her speech but at one point near the end she used either "however" or "but" and my heart fluttered for about 3 seconds.

I'll be at a soccer tourney with our son tomorrow but will have thr fox new app tuned in on my tele.

I truly believe that tomorrow will be one of the most important days in the history of this nation.

Michael

05-Oct-18
I was working/driving listening to her speech. Without seeing her, the passion was oozing thru. Very well done Senator Collins.

05-Oct-18
I watched 3/4 of it and she was smiling quite a bit. She surprised me as I've always thought her to be much more left leaning.

she was clearly disgusted with her colleagues for the way this was handled

05-Oct-18
Chuckster:

I was driving back from a clients office and listened to it on the radio also. I felt the same way you did about her passion and conviction.

KPC

05-Oct-18
While I was happy she came to the conclusion, it's a shame that she had to make a nearly 30 minute statement as to WHY she was voting the way she did. But I totally understand. If she didn't lay it all out there like she did, too many people would have just thought, "There she goes, voting the party line!", not that what she said will stop any of them from saying it anyway.

05-Oct-18
She spent more time studying Kavanaugh's record that any other senator I would bet. An excellent speech and showed she had spent the time to reach her conclusion.

05-Oct-18
Anybody post a video?? Thanks

05-Oct-18
At the end of the day, the final vote will be straight down party lines, with just a few exceptions, possibly. Proving, once again, the whole "advise and consent" part of the process has turned into "posture and appease" for votes. Nobody is interested in placing the "best" candidates in our highest court any more, it's all about placing "their" candidate.

Ultimately, I'll be fine with Kav's confirmation, but will remain disappointed over the shit-show it has become.

Matt

05-Oct-18
First time I would have PREFFERED the hearing impaired version at the Bottom of the SCREEN!!!!! SHE is better off writing it Down instead of saying something!!!!!

Disappoint ed is the Correct Word here!!!!!!!!!

05-Oct-18

mn_archer's Link
Horseman here is part

05-Oct-18
Thanks NM_Archer

05-Oct-18
I listened to her speech and I heard all the praise for her today...including that of Sean Hannity. But we all know Collins could've went either way. And many of us are somewhat surprised she finally said YES to the virgin Kavanaugh after her dramatic hem-hawing all around on our dime & time for the past week.

Just because she finally had a cognizant moment doesn't mean she deserves any more recognition than any other republican that carries a solid, dependable YES vote. To the contrary, IMO.

I say, it's about doggone time she lived up to her party handle, for a change, dammit. Now that I'm home and just saw a clip of her on Fox News, I see she's sportin' a nice looking fresh hair dye job today....

05-Oct-18
"Disappoint ed is the Correct Word here!!!!!!!!!

That's not a word. If you want to be taken seriously, I highly recommend reviewing your grade school English books and a dictionary.

Your posts are embarrassing, both intellectually and grammatically, to everyone here. Please find another forum to troll....for your own sake.

Matt

05-Oct-18
Rocky x 2!

05-Oct-18
The lady just made me a very happy die-hard life-long GOP voter!

05-Oct-18
Hey Grey I hit a darn space when typing for Heaven Sake!!!!!!!!!!

Can I Please get a pass hereSir???!!!!!!!

What the Holy Heck????!!!!!!

05-Oct-18
Hey Grey I hit a darn space when typing for Heaven Sake!!!!!!!!!! Can I Please get a pass hereSir???!!!!!!! What the Holy Heck????!!!!!!

Freebase,

That post is a grammatical nightmare. No, I won't give you a pass. I've never seen you post a comment using correct English grammar . Please refrain for your own sake.

Matt

05-Oct-18
Great just great!!!!!!!! There Should be a COMMA AFTER REFRAIN JERK!!!!!!!!

05-Oct-18
That's not the only problem....you are short about 16 exclamation points.

05-Oct-18

slade's Link
The hateful left is in high gear.

“Rape Apologist” Liberals Melt Down Over Susan Collins’ Blockbuster Speech on Kavanaugh

05-Oct-18
"Great just great!!!!!!!! There Should be a COMMA AFTER REFRAIN JERK!!!!!!!!"

Yep, good catch. Why didn't you catch the multiple mistakes you made with that post?

Matt

05-Oct-18

slade's Link
Full Text: Susan Collins’ Senate Speech Announcing ‘Yes’ Vote for Brett Kavanaugh

I have to admit I did not think she was even capable of giving a speech like this.

05-Oct-18
Collins made a good speech, in which I agreed with many points.

Matt.

05-Oct-18
PFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!

05-Oct-18
"Nobody is interested in placing the "best" candidates in our highest court any more..."

Based on his track record, an argument could easily be made that Trump is.

KPC

05-Oct-18
BTW, I also notice that Collins 'let' somebody rub some of that high-dollar slate powder stuff on her face to cover up the cracks. What a gal.... :^)

05-Oct-18
Based on his track record, an argument could easily be made that Trump is.

Easily, yes. Not honestly, IMO.

Matt

05-Oct-18
Demonstrably not the best?

;)

05-Oct-18
Something tells me your sister might agree with you Matt, based solely on the "best candidate for the job of course.

KPC

05-Oct-18
'You will know them by the friends they keep.'

During her 'speech' today, Collins jumped to defend DiFi for the Ford letter press leak, but she didn't address the fact that DiFi instinctively shed the blame from herself onto the Dem-Pawn, Blasey-Ford, when that reporter cornered her on that issue.

That was clearly the antics of someone who knows they're guilty, but being caught without a prepared response designed to circumvent the truth, they jump to blame another....

Yet, few to no one see's this and honestly addresses it. Imagine that....

05-Oct-18

JTV's Link
is it possible, Palin 2022 in Alaska against Murkowski ??

https://www.infowars.com/palin-hints-at-2022-senate-run/

05-Oct-18
Dang!

I’m out on a hunt for a Big Muley and will miss the action tomorrow.

What time is the vote?

06-Oct-18
I had a discussion with my wife about how Trump needed to hold a press conference and lay this whole debacle on the line factually with a complete analysis and there comes Collins!!

I have known of Collins for many years as I lived in ME for 14 years and was very pleasantly surprised by her speech! She is a thoughtful person and did a complete and excellent job with this effort.

The much beloved LaPage of ME could easily take Collins job from her and that may still happen in 2020. He would be a GREAT addition to the Senate.

Justice Kavenaugh, I pray he is worth it.

I prayed it would take the wind out of the Soros' employees sails but they are too far gone.

06-Oct-18
Spike: Soros is a cancer. He and his followers just seem to want to undermine the democracy of this country with a society of 'freebies'. The left wants free this and that. They can take a long walk off a short pier!

06-Oct-18
There is no question in my mind that Soros has a plan to destroy our nation as the FF intended it to be. He toys with nations and the world. He has been putting billions of dollars into his efforts here for decades and is so close it must be really pissing him off to see the Trump admin spoiling his plan!

Thank God for Trump!

06-Oct-18
kyle,

they cant vote till 3:52 central time I believe

good luck with the deer

06-Oct-18

06-Oct-18
Just turned on Fox, had to turn it off, the violent Radical left/dems have gone CRAZY, many getting arrested outside the Senate right now... these freaks would kill a GOP Senator right now of they could get their hands on one ... they are that batcrap crazy ... sheesh !!

.... the left/dems MUST be defeated in Nov. there is no way they can be allowed to get control........... of anything....

06-Oct-18
I just read Manchin has said he will vote FOR Kavanaugh.

Is that correct!

06-Oct-18
CBS says 3:30 EDT

06-Oct-18
Kyle, Seriously? Watching FOX now. They haven't mentioned that but would be great.

06-Oct-18
yes Mancini announced yesterday he was a for vote

06-Oct-18

JTV's Link
the whack jobs are out in force ...

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/oct/6/protesters-storm-capitol-steps-ahead-kavanaugh-vot/

06-Oct-18

JTV's Link
https://therightscoop.com/lol-heres-how-confused-the-zombie-liberal-protesters-are/

06-Oct-18
Mancini? As in Henry Mancini? That's the guy that composed the Pink Panther theme song. He also did Exodus, a song that will live forever. He was a great composer, and he gets my vote....

06-Oct-18
#WalkAway ........ "Just do it" ......

• Sitka Gear