mn_archer 09-Oct-18
06-Oct-18
50-48!!!!!!!!

06-Oct-18
Excellent.

06-Oct-18
Yes. That would be a really good thing.

06-Oct-18
A bunch of folks here owe Senator McConnell an apology.

06-Oct-18
Justice Merrick Garland.

Howzat sound to you, Jeff

06-Oct-18
You and several others here were calling him a wimp and worse just a week ago.

Could it be he might know a bit more about how to herd cats than you do, Jeff?

06-Oct-18
The title of the thread has such a wonderful ring to it.

06-Oct-18
I'm still not tired of the winning.

06-Oct-18
Bet he’s celebrating tonight

06-Oct-18
And he threw a few buquets (thanks for galvanizing GOP) to the protestors.

He does have a set.

06-Oct-18
I have not been a great McConnell fan. But, he got this right. Really, he has done quite bit right since Trump's inauguration. Let's see how he finishes the next half term ensuring Trump's agenda before we get to crazy about worshiping him. Paul Ryan had better get busy. Congress has been the slackers.

06-Oct-18
"Iam hoping Ginsberg can hold on for another10 Years though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

10 years? that would about make her 120

06-Oct-18
Nice...Dog and pony show, but nice!

06-Oct-18
Ginsberg will retire before the end of the year.

06-Oct-18
I'm not so sure about RBG retiring anytime soon. If Trump wins reelection it will probably mark the end of her career. i highly doubt she'll willingly retire in the next 2 years unless some serious health issue forces her

Michael

06-Oct-18
There will hopefully be a montage of videos of elites and celebs factually stating Kavanaugh will never be a Supreme Court Justice out very soon.

The one of Hillary supporters never gets old...

06-Oct-18

mn_archer's embedded Photo
mn_archer's embedded Photo

06-Oct-18

HDE's Link
Very, very foolish to try this IF they win...

06-Oct-18
there is zero basis for impeachment. You want to start a civil war? Cause that's how you piss off millions of Americans

06-Oct-18
HDE

FYI a sitting SC judge CANNOT be impeached except for something he or she has done while he or she is a judge

Just nonesense spewed by people that do not have a clue

06-Oct-18
"Nolte"

WINNERS:

The Rule of Law;

As Senator Lindsey Graham (R-SC) told Sean Hannity Friday, we were at the edge of an abyss, an abyss where smears and the dark art of character assassination were about to become legitimized. Yes, I am a bit uneasy that we came so close to going over that abyss, and even more anxious over the fact that not a single Democrat or member of the establishment media had the moral courage to be the Joseph Welch of their time, to point to their own and ask, “Have you no sense of decency?”

But for now we have a reprieve, and maybe even a little hope that the hangover from this crushing loss might awaken the conscience in just one Democrat or just one adult in the media.

Associate Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh;

Brett Kavanaugh’s unforgettable testimony in defense of his own character and future was like the last 20 minutes of Rocky III. One man against all the odds, against the indomitable power of the state, the corrupt power of the media, and then he looked both in the eyes and sneered, “You ain’t so bad.”

His raw testimony was not only a turning point for Kavanaugh when things looked darkest (in the immediate wake of Ford’s testimony), it was a catharsis for those of us who had spent a week being force-fed bitter lies and injustice.

With the previous Sunday night’s triple sucker punch of Ford, Ronan Farrow, and Michael Avenatti, the left pushed all their chips into the middle of the table, certain Kavanaugh would fold.

He didn’t. He called their bluff.

“You will never get me to quit,” he said … and evil gulped.

President Donald J. Trump;

Simply put, with this, his second Supreme Court Justice, Trump has secured his presidential legacy. The dream of a 5-4 conservative court is as old as I am, and only Trump could have ensured this, because Trump is the only Republican president who would have ever had the courage to not sacrifice Kavanaugh in the hopes of getting someone else approved before the midterm elections.

President Trump showed enormous character where no one else would have.

Let me repeat that word… Character.

Sen. Susan Collins (R-ME);

As agonizing as the suspense of the last 72 hours were, Senate Republicans planned it to perfection….

Put all eyes on Susan Collins, put all the media attention on Susan Collins, and then have this moderate, pro-choice, anti-Trump woman use the national spotlight to deliver a devastating closing argument in favor of Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

It was a brilliant political move, and she was brilliant, and serious, and informed, and above all… American.

That was the most American speech I have ever heard on the Senate floor, a speech based on facts, eternal principles, and basic human decency.

The pressure Collins was under to go the other way, the incentives from the media to be a feminist hero, the threats, the emotional blackmail and bullying… God bless her.

If Brett Kavanaugh was Rocky III, Susan Collins was Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Her speech should be taught in every high school in America.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC);

Since no Democrat or member of the media would do it, Graham did. These four minutes and twenty-six seconds of moral clarity funneled through righteous rage asked the question as forcefully and as clearly as anyone ever could: “Have you no decency, sir?” From that point, there was no going back. The truth had been released.

From then on, Graham was our happy warrior, our Jiminy Cricket dashing through the halls of Congress, popping up on cable news, and spreading the good news about truth and decency in ways that could no longer be denied.

I cannot wait for Graham to become Trump’s next Attorney General.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY);

Never flinched. Never wavered.

Sen. Jeff Flake (R-AZ);

When Flake threw the wrench in the confirmation gears last week with his call for an FBI investigation devoted to the sexual assault allegations, the nasty “Flake Flakes” headlines flew. Again, I kept my mouth shut. Some part of me believed he had done the right thing. As symbolic as this investigation would be, sometimes symbolism matters.

From the sound of it, Collins probably would have voted “no” without the FBI report.

But look at the country… only 37 percent said they wanted Kavanaugh confirmed, but that number jumps to 60 percent if the FBI investigation comes back clean… as it did.

Flake said he believed it was good for the country to wait a week, and he was 100 percent correct. What’s more, that week was of enormous help to further proving Kavanaugh’s innocence because all the new information came out in his favor, and there was a lot of it.

This left the monstrous media sputtering about virginity and farting, which again seemed to only piss Susan Collins off all the more.

Had Kavanaugh won confirmation last week, it would have looked rigged and unjust to a lot of people.

Jeff Flake was not only right, he did a courageous thing.

Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-IA);

The hero behind the scenes, the man saddled with the paperwork and Avenatti nonsense, and appeasing McCarthy-ite Democrats in the name of Senate decorum.

But the FBI backed up the work of his committee’s investigators, and the tireless 84-year-old even found time to compose some of the most satisfying takedowns of the whole sordid affair.

The Republican Party;

To paraphrase a former First Lady, for the first time in my life I’m proud of the Republican Party — even some Never Trumpers.

The Federalist Society;

They found a man so qualified, only a witch hunt could bring him down.

They found a man so decent, the witch hunt failed.

Rachel Mitchell;

The Maricopa Country sex prosecutor was widely criticized for her cross-examination of Dr. Ford, but she wasn’t there to preen for the cameras or to play Perry Mason. She wanted Ford on record, she asked all the correct and pointed questions, and if you don’t think her devastating, fact-based report didn’t help to sway Susan Collins, you have not been paying attention.

Breitbart News and New Media'

Those who wanted facts over hysteria, evidence over innuendo, and truth over emotional blackmail only had one place to turn and that was New Media, specifically online new media.

And yeah, I’m going to toot our own horn, because I am also a consumer of news, and as a voracious consumer of Kavanaugh news, it was Breitbart where I always clicked first. Our team did an extraordinary job, not just of documenting the circus and the politics, but in examining the evidence and cutting through the media bullshit.

Yay, us.

06-Oct-18

slade's Link
Have A Hope

Brett Kavanaugh Confirmed, Possibly Most Conservative Supreme Court Since 1934

06-Oct-18
"HDE FYI a sitting SC judge CANNOT be impeached except for something he or she has done while he or she is a judge"

RK FYI - I didn't write the article, nor does my posting it mean I beleive it. As STUPID as the left is, they'd try it...

06-Oct-18
A good day for America.

06-Oct-18

slade's embedded Photo
slade's embedded Photo

06-Oct-18

06-Oct-18
I’m not “worshipping him at all.

But I do believe a person should not be called disparaging names while the fight is still in progress and especially when the accuser has little if any knowledge as to what the challenges and processes are

06-Oct-18
As I’ve said here before, the old hag will never retire. She’ll leave the court when the undertaker sends the wagon for her. And not a day sooner

06-Oct-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

07-Oct-18
More bad news for libs.

Kavanaugh has now been officially sworn in!

07-Oct-18

08-Oct-18
"Iam hoping Ginsberg can hold on for another10 Years though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Only thing she'll be holding on to is her casket lining, but it's good to have dreams!

08-Oct-18
Then Trump needs to add two more before the mid term elections.

08-Oct-18

08-Oct-18
I was helping a friend hunt moose this weekend. It sure was great to head into Walden, CO Sunday morning and see that Kavanaugh is now Justice Kavanaugh. Justice, all too slowly, was served. I look forward to seeing the new court decide cases.

09-Oct-18
The big looser is Diane Feinstein. She comes out of this looking horrible. It's possible he would not have been confirmed if she hadn't held on to the letter. She comes out looking horrible.

09-Oct-18
The biggest loser was Ford. She was not all there to begin with and now she's really going to be full batsh*t crazy.......and the Dems could give a crap less about her. She was "rode hard and put away wet".

09-Oct-18
I agree with Wood Walker.

09-Oct-18
"Every budding feminist and social justice warrior will be lining up for miles to take whatever courses she teaches."

I wouldn't really call that a badge of honor! Kind of speaks volumes actually to just what a loser she is/or has become, really..if that's the sum of her life from here on out. Anyway, hard to feel sorry for her; she brought it on herself.

09-Oct-18
^ What KPC said can't be overstated.

09-Oct-18

mn_archer's Link

• Sitka Gear