sportoutfitter 14-Oct-18
orionsbrother 14-Oct-18
NvaGvUp 14-Oct-18
sportoutfitter 14-Oct-18
sportoutfitter 14-Oct-18
11-Oct-18

sportoutfitter's embedded Photo
Had a trespasser drop in on me, literally!

11-Oct-18

Red arrow is the crash site. Interesting is an understatement on the recovery:)

11-Oct-18
Terrible timing! Have a blind setup on an old gas well road a couple hundred yards below it, just out of the drain. Starting to get nice bucks on cam and then this.

11-Oct-18

Didn’t find it for a couple days. Long enough for the owner to come back and get his rims!

11-Oct-18

11-Oct-18

Man, I was doing good on the first couple. I can’t get the image tools to flip this pic. I’m a smartphone dummy :)

11-Oct-18
Jeff ...... Is the road on your property ?? Or are they legal to drive on that road ?? How much property do you own ?? I’m not clear how they were trespassing.......

11-Oct-18

You can see here what kinda grade he had BB
You can see here what kinda grade he had BB
BB, I have 400 acres. Only about 10 or less developed. We’re an ATV outfitter with trails throughout. I border on a 6000 acre tract that is mostly reclaimed surface mine. Some people like to get a little liquid courage going while off-roading. Seems to be the issue here. He dropped in on me on an ATV trail that no body in the right mind would have even considered. Tried to get turned around and that was the second mistake:). Steep terrain made it tough on him. Edit: I tried the image tool to flip the pics on my I phone and can’t. Any help would be great.

11-Oct-18
Looks like you were able to salvage the tires and wheels. :-)

11-Oct-18
Well, that one worked. Don’t know how :) No, I didn’t get em Joey. Happened during the overnight this past Thursday. He came back on an ATV Saturday morning and got his wheels. Insurance told him to bring em back.

11-Oct-18
Did he drain the tank? Cut the cat converter off?

What’s the plan now?

11-Oct-18
Wheels were it Joey. I found him from info I got out of the truck. He went to a local tow yard but they didn’t want anything to do with the recovery. I called the insurance co, negotiated a price and cut a trail with my excavator to drag it out.

11-Oct-18
SMH. The mess people get into instead of walking. Being a native of southern WV, I can honestly say that roads for vehicles are where they put them. The near vertical terrain sees to that. Everything else is for atv’s. What in the world was that idiot thinking?

11-Oct-18
Jeff.... I’ve seen some stuff on TV about the Hatfield McCoy Trails down there........ are your trails part of that or separate from that...... It sure looks like beautiful country...... Up here we have public snowmobile trails that run through some private land......

11-Oct-18

We put wheels on it, rolled it over and drug it out. Did have fluids on the ground. It laid upside down for nearly 5 days. That’s what concerns me. It landed right on a water catch berm. In this pic the red lines are pointing down the drainage ravine.

11-Oct-18
Oh. Ok. So that’s the Chevy truck upright in a picture above? Is the insurance company going to claim and recover it?

11-Oct-18
Yes Chris, we have direct access to the trails. I only allow people to use the trail access. There are over 600 miles on the HMT with maintained trails. I keep most of my property restricted to hiking and horseback. We do have beautiful mountains here. AND I’m in the bow onlies!!!

11-Oct-18
So his truck was on your property and he came and removed the tires and wheels but left the truck?

11-Oct-18
You know what kinda grade we have Justin. Blew my mind that he ever tried it! Yeah, that’s it Joey. Supposed to hear today what they’re gonna do with it. Insurance co is located in San Antonio. They’ve already totaled it, obviously:)

11-Oct-18
I'd tell the insurance company you are going to start charging them a storage fee and you have already contacted a company regarding cleaning up the fluid spill ...

11-Oct-18
I guess that was the plan Mike. His story was he thought he was on abandoned mine land, not private property. Said he was just gonna leave it when the tow yard wouldn’t get it. Maybe an insurance dump but definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed.

11-Oct-18
I’m surprised he didn’t report it stolen......

11-Oct-18
I figured for sure that’s what it would be Chris. You can imagine my surprise when he told them what actually happened. Go figure :)

11-Oct-18
How much fluid is enough to worry about. Most pooled just in front of the truck. Insurance said they weren’t sending an adjuster out.

11-Oct-18
"His story was he thought he was on abandoned mine land, not private property. " BS. They know.

14-Oct-18
I agree Jim. I just went along with it. I didn’t want to give the insurance any reason to try to dispute his claim.

14-Oct-18
" Said he was just gonna leave it when the tow yard wouldn’t get it. "

What a knob!!

14-Oct-18
Why would it matter if it was 'abandoned mine property?' It's still private property, regardless of the status of the mine.

14-Oct-18
Exactly Kyle.

14-Oct-18
I was afraid if they disputed his auto claim they may also try to dispute my property damage.

• Sitka Gear