Missouribreaks 28-Oct-18
Shuteye 28-Oct-18
elkmtngear 28-Oct-18
HA/KS 28-Oct-18
zeke 28-Oct-18
Bake 29-Oct-18
gflight 30-Oct-18
27-Oct-18
https://www.indystar.com/story/opinion/2018/10/27/ffa-not-political-organization-leadership-organization-writes-its-ceo-op-ed/1779339002/?fbclid=IwAR0MrvmIC1nM0Iq6orV5RfEQMCBIH_6aKZnpeWfVSOuVcb0Cda74bQVw6Vc

FFA always invites the sitting president to speak at the national convention, has at least since Pres Truman in 1945. Pres Bush in 1991 was the last to accept. I found 2 things about this interesting. First, when I saw that FFA had posted this on their Facebook page , there were almost 100 comments. FB always shows the "most relevant" comments on long posts and hides the others unless you keep clicking. The comments it showed were ALL anti-Trump. When I clicked to expand, more of the same, I didn't click past 3 tries which wasn't 1/3 of the comments. Most of the replies to the comments (which themselves were hidden until that section was expanded) were defending the FFA for inviting the president. Facebook's bias against conservative views were very much expressed that day.

Second, when they announced at the session we were attending that Pres Trump would be speaking in a couple of days, the roar from the kids in attendance was tremendous, in fact you might say it was yuuge. The kids were excited about hearing him. The tickets were available on a first come first serve basis and the line of advisors to pick them up was long. Some stood in line for 4 hours and still weren't able to get tickets. It will be live streamed for those unable to attend. We left yesterday to come home, but our kids told me they were willing to sleep on the bus if we would stay another night and see the president. ;)

Like him or not, it is an honor for the sitting president to speak to a group like this and will be something those kids won't soon forget.

27-Oct-18
Not sure why the article didn't link. We'll try again.

Hmm, still getting this message, "The web site you are accessing has experienced an unexpected error. Please contact the website administrator. "

27-Oct-18

HA/KS's Link

28-Oct-18
I saw it live on RFD TV and they were one very happy bunch of people. Three of the young men had received awards and Trump had them up on stage. He asked each what state they were from. I forget the state but Trump told one of them he was flying past the state and would take the young man on Air Force One if he wanted to go. Don't know if it happened or not but it was a great offer.

28-Oct-18
Great story and imagine being that kid.

28-Oct-18
The president always gets invited to the national FFA convention, but Trump is the first one to accept for a long time.

28-Oct-18
Especially the democratic presidents despise farmers.

Remember, the Obama presidency took every opportunity to blame farmers for global warming, GMO's, pollution, erosion, factory farming (whatever to hell that is). They took every attempt to ruin the image of farmers and ranchers.... along with loggers, miners and most every other hard working middle class American. Trump gets it, just have to endure the short term pain for long term gain.

28-Oct-18
I have actually seen people from Baltimore interviewed on TV about farmers. One woman said we don't need farmers she gets her vegetables and steak in the supermarket where it is made. Some actually believe that. How is that even possible?

One of the young guys that Trump interviewed yesterday got some chickens when he was very young. He now has a bunch of chickens and sells the eggs to local restaurants and markets. Another one of the young men learned how to design machinery and had done some neat stuff with plows and other ground working equipment. I forget what the third one had done but they are great young men that know how to work.

28-Oct-18
Great event, I watched it Yesterday. Trump was very "honest" and "off script" for much of it, giving credit to the folks that know the business, and freely admitting he "knows nothing about farming".

But, the kids, their Families, and those in attendance seemed to love it.

28-Oct-18
freely admitting he "knows nothing about farming"

Wow. Has that ever happened before - on any topic?

28-Oct-18
My grandson was at the FFA convention. His sponsor stood in line for 4 1/2 hours trying to get tickets for his 14 students and was 15 people away from the front of the line when they shut down giving tickets. He said he couldn't see the end of the line behind him but the line was longer behind him than it was in front of him when he got in line.

29-Oct-18
Our local FFA school kids (of which a cousin was an officer) were ticked that they couldn't stay long enough to see the President. They too offered to sleep on the bus if they could stay long enough.

30-Oct-18
A friend of mines daughter was pleased she got to shake Trumps hand and my friend communicated to me that Trump personally had them jumping out their azz to find a Priest and a Rabbi to pray when he landed. Wont hear that in the media of course since Trump is a racist and all.

• Sitka Gear