mn_archer 27-Oct-18
Grey Ghost 27-Oct-18
slade 27-Oct-18
elkmtngear 27-Oct-18
mn_archer 28-Oct-18
WV Mountaineer 28-Oct-18
one-eye 29-Oct-18
27-Oct-18
My wife has decided that we need a new oven/range in the house and she has decided that it needs to have a convection oven.

I know nothing about these and am curious if they are worth the extra money.

Who has one and is it worth it?

thanks michael

27-Oct-18
Michael,

Our ovens have a convection setting. It's really just a fan that circulates the hot air around in the oven instead of radiating from the bottom. It cooks things a little faster, and I think you're suppose to reduce the heat 25 degrees from conventional settings, but otherwise I don't notice much difference in the way things cook.

Matt

27-Oct-18
A convection is a fan with a heating coil, not just a fan. It circulates the hot air to cook more evenly and quickly while using less energy. If you are into baking/roasting and have a good palette you will easily notice the difference.

27-Oct-18
My Wife loves ours.

Seems to bake things much more evenly, and a little bit quicker.

I'm getting ready to replace my Parents' gas range, I'm finding most of the new models have convection.

Good time to do it, Black Friday is right around the bend...

28-Oct-18
Thanks for the input guys, I ordered 1 and it will be here Wednesday. Nothing fancy but I'm interested mostly in the center flattop grill up top.

My wife is getting more into baking and she thinks this convection oven will be better. She very much deserves what she wants as she doesnt ask for much.

28-Oct-18
Slade times two.

29-Oct-18
We bought an electric convection oven when we built our house in '05. We could never get it to work any better than the regular oven settings, so for us it was just an expensive but useless option. Your results may vary.

• Sitka Gear