Contributors to this thread:
HA/KS 30-Oct-18
dakotaduner 30-Oct-18
Shuteye 30-Oct-18
Dale Cover 30-Oct-18
HA/KS 30-Oct-18
30-Oct-18
Scholastic Clay Target Program

Fort Hays State University Hays Kansas has another successful national shooting championship. These kids get virtually no funding from the University even purchasing their own ammunition, transportation, and lodging.

What an amazing three days of shooting from this group of 15!! Although they competed in Division 2, they out shot all the schools competing in nearly every event

**HOA Team - exceeding the next closest team (a Division 1 school) by 20 targets (2,896 out of 3,000)

** 1st place Trap Team - 988 out of 1,000

** 1st place Skeet Team - 989 out of 1,000

** 1st place Sporting Clays Team (Tied with the Division 1 1st place team) - 919 out of 1,000

** HOA Man - Austin Svoboda with 588 out of 600

** HOA Man runner-up - Cody Escritt with 580 out of 600

** HOA Lady - Heather Gordon with 554 out of 600

** 2nd place lady in Skeet - Heather Gordon

** 2nd place man in Skeet - Austin Svoboda

** 3rd place man in Skeet - Jake Whipple

** 1st place lady in Sporting Clays - Jenny Schoenecker

** 3rd place man in sporting Clays - Austin Svoboda

** 1st place man in Trap - Austin Svoboda

** 3rd place man in Trap - Riley Ross

30-Oct-18
Wow that's great shooting. And to think we have high schools and colleges shutting down shooting sports.

30-Oct-18
That is great shooting. It is good to see young people interested in shooting.

30-Oct-18
Note to self - If the guy in your group is named Austin Svoboda, DO NOT place any bets. Fantastic shooting!

30-Oct-18
That's fantastic Henry. I learned to shoot skeet in high school. Two of my shooting partners went on to set a world record for a 2 man skeet team and another was on the 1980 US Olympic Skeet team and is currently the shooting coach at Drury University. I have a local college (Lindenwood College) that shoots at the range I use.....it's so good seeing these young people out smashing targets. I can tell you the sport has changed.....the kids are much better. My friends and I were shooting Remington 1100's back in 1960's and 70's for American Skeet....today it's $10,000 perazzi's and blasers....but they are shooting international disciplines and sporting clays as well which is something I did not pick up until much later.

30-Oct-18
I taught with the coach's wife. You would want your kid in her class.

30-Oct-18

Straight —» Arrow's embedded Photo
Straight —» Arrow's embedded Photo
Hey Henry......look at what just came in on the news feed from the Clay Target group I belong too.......nice looking group of kids for sure!

• Sitka Gear