Fivers 30-Oct-18
AZOnecam 30-Oct-18
dirtclod Az. 31-Oct-18
IdyllwildArcher 31-Oct-18
DL 31-Oct-18
Woods Walker 31-Oct-18
Yendor 02-Nov-18
30-Oct-18
Well there is Arkansas always 49 or 50. This time its a good 49!!! I personally only know maybe 2 or 3 people who do not own guns so I would have guessed higher.

30-Oct-18
Based on registrations and transfer records.

How about the hundreds of thousands of non-registered gun owners?

Matt

30-Oct-18
There is no gun registration in the U.S. A state may require a permit to own, but there is no database for who owns what firearm.

The info in the link is for FFL transfers to private citizens, I bet.

30-Oct-18
That's funny, anyone that believes that only 33 percent of AZ'ers are armed is smoking some funny stuff! Every single person I know here has a gun are 20! I know if for FFL records, but it's laughable that someone actually put that out.

30-Oct-18
37% for mine. I think my state has at least another 25%. Everyone I know has weapons. Even the liberals. They just aren't reported.

30-Oct-18
At least 20 states require gun sales records to be retained by licensed dealers. Those records include the name of the buyer and the type of gun. Some states require that information to be reported to law enforcement. Some states require private sales of handguns to be reported to law enforcement.

There are plenty of databases showing who purchased what gun in many states. Granted the Feds can't maintain their own overall database, but they can access the individual state databases when investigating a crime.

It's so convoluted, I have a hard time putting any trust in the accuracy of the original article.

Matt

30-Oct-18
Golly gee - I am gonna have to agree with Grey Ghost !

Pennsylvnia number 15, tied with Missou !!!?????!!!!

I am gonna have to call BULLSHIT !

Is there ANYONE in Pennsylvania that doesn't own a Deer Rifle ?????

30-Oct-18
I had the same thought about Missouri. I don't know a single person who doesn't own at least a shotgun...

30-Oct-18
GG - yep, FFL's have to maintain their records for 20 years. But that's about as far as it goes for an actual firearm registration scheme. As far as type, it is either long rifle or handgun.

30-Oct-18
90% of people I know who live here have access to weapons.If not I will arm them.

30-Oct-18
You guys are forgetting the inter big city population. That is the ones that throw the percentage off with the rural people. Besides gun people sorta only know other gun people.

30-Oct-18
NY at 10%???? Lived there for 64 years and everyone I knew had guns. rural areas up there are well armed. Would tend to think the state I am in is 15-20% higher than listed.

30-Oct-18
NY at 10% ??? , ROFLMAO, maybe NYC, but upstate is fully armed.

30-Oct-18
A better assessment would be based on CCW

30-Oct-18
They made the list backwards. Alaska should be number one. They did that on purpose.

30-Oct-18
I have no way of refuting the rankings, but there is no way Wisconsin is in the 30’s percent. It has to be closer to 55-60% of the households, most are old unregistered hunting shotguns.

30-Oct-18
"That's funny, anyone that believes that only 33 percent of AZ'ers are armed is smoking some funny stuff! Every single person I know here has a gun are 20! I know if for FFL records, but it's laughable that someone actually put that out."

Totally agree - try robbing a convenience store or restaurant here. The cops would have a hard time figuring out what armed citizen stepped in first. The Walmart close to me - always quite a few open carry folks - in an area where we don't even need a permit to carry concealed. I always figure for every open carry, there's another 5-10+, who knows how many, carrying concealed.

And of course, we have some of the lowest crime rates in the nation. Especially when you get out of Phoenix and Tucson.

31-Oct-18
I always open carry during hunting season in Az,no big deal we all do.If they don't want it in a bar they put a sign on the door.

31-Oct-18
I wunder what the total gun number per state is. AK, for all their high %, doesn't have a lot of people. I bet there's far more guns in California than in AK based simply on the fact that there's 50 times more people in CA than AK. If the SHTF, CA would be the absolute worst place to be. Millions of people and millions of guns. It'd be an absolute bloodbath.

31-Oct-18
You are correct Ike 39.5 million people and 19.8% comes out close to 8,000,000 guns. That’s the ones they know of. I was at a gun show A few years ago and one seller sold 100+ 80% AR Lowers in two days. There were 15 + sellers there. One gun store couldn’t keep them in stock. Shoot I know people that have between 50-70 long guns and only a fraction are registered.

31-Oct-18
Wyoming, although at #5 for guns per capita, is WAAAAY too low at only 58.8% ownership.

02-Nov-18
All I know is that the left are saying that there is going to be a Civil war soon. I point out that it will be very short. The right owns most of the guns, and the left will stomp and cry and want a time out crying booth. My first goal would be to take out the thugs of ANTIFA in Portland, and Seattle

• Sitka Gear