Gosnell: The Trial of America’s...
Community
Contributors to this thread:
Annony Mouse 02-Nov-18
Ace 02-Nov-18
gadan 02-Nov-18
Zbone 02-Nov-18
02-Nov-18
Kevin...it is interesting to note that after an extremely good weekend opening in a limited number of theaters, many theaters dropped it from their marques while leaving films that were under performing though highly promoted.

Saw a trailer, but doubt if I will see it till it is available to stream as I rarely go to the movies. I did put it on my list of movies to watch.

02-Nov-18

Ace's Link
For anyone not particularly familiar with the history of this story, Gosnell's Wikipedia page is pretty enlightening. (see link)

A few things from the link:

Grand Jury report

The grand Jury published its 280-page report in January 2011. It stated that, while some might see the issue and case through the lens of pro- and anti-abortion politics, it was in reality not about that controversy; it is about disregard of the law and disdain for the lives and health of mothers and infants. We find common ground in exposing what happened here, and in recommending measures to prevent anything like this from ever happening again.[54]

-Extreme unsanitary conditions (resulting in cases of STDs and sepsis); pervasive non-sterile conditions; blood stained materials and instruments; contamination of the facilities by animal feces, urine, and other noxious fluids and waste; and months-old fetal remains stored in "jars, bags and jugs"[55] (in 2013 the trial heard that Gosnell had also been in dispute with his medical waste company, with the latter stopping their services)

-Lack of properly trained staff, "bogus doctors"[58] — unqualified, unlicensed and unsupervised staff who misrepresented themselves to patients as qualified licensed clinicians — and no qualified nurses.

-Practice staff routinely delivered living babies in the third trimester, subsequently killing them (or ensuring their death).[54] As part of this, fetuses and babies had their demise "ensured" post-operatively by severing of the spinal cord with scissors, known by staff as "snipping". Most of these were deemed infeasible to prosecute because files and other evidence were not held, although the report stipulates they numbered in the "hundreds". Among the "few cases" where tangible evidence existed, the jury noted a boy aged 30 weeks at 6 pounds; a frozen body in a water container of "at least" 28 weeks; remains of at least one abortion of over 32 weeks for which an extra $1000 had been demanded; testimony of a baby heard to make noise; and a baby left "moving and breathing for at least 20 minutes" prior to "snipping". The jury heard testimony about "special" Sunday sessions, at which only Gosnell and his wife were present, which the jury suspected (and in some cases was able to corroborate) would include cases that were more advanced in time, or more disturbing

02-Nov-18
I have every intent of watching this but may have to do it in the privacy of my home. God help us, this monster should be stoned.

02-Nov-18
Pure EVIL... Should be given the death penalty by snipping...

• Sitka Gear