Coyote 65 02-Nov-18
KSflatlander 03-Nov-18
Grey Ghost 03-Nov-18
KSflatlander 03-Nov-18
itshot 03-Nov-18
Thumper 03-Nov-18
Dale Cover 04-Nov-18
02-Nov-18
Ah yes, only God can affect climate. Humans have no effect on our environment...said no one with half a brain.

Post something from a credible peer reviewed scientific paper if you want to discuss this instead of some pos from an opinion guy for a right-wing publication. There are some science papers out there that discuss issues with climate models if you look. That’s worth discussing.

Seriously Spike. If you truly want to know if it’s possible that climate change is happening why don’t you read some science publication on the subject? Science really does matter. If you search right-wing opinion sites you will find what you are looking for but that does not discount the true scientific methods and evidence.

Don’t be a simpleton.

02-Nov-18
Pretty sure no one is saying the climate does not change. The argument has always been the level of man's influence on the change in the environment.

02-Nov-18
too many scientific simpletons and 1/2 brains that's for sure....

02-Nov-18
Cool. I may get to wear my wool camo again, some day.

;-)

Matt

02-Nov-18
Then post the paper from NASA. Not some right-wing opinion of it.

02-Nov-18

KSflatlander's Link
If you want to know what NASA thinks about climate change then go to the link. They say it’s is happening and humans contribute.

02-Nov-18
Interesting article. With the politicization of so many of the past years scientific reports in an attempt at proving the theory of global warming, it's nice to see un-biased research.

02-Nov-18
history shows solar minimums only last a couple hundred years at most. Some do not coincide with very much cooling at all.....some do.

02-Nov-18
Hey Pig Does, Spike’s first statements in the OP were about climate change and his article was his “evidence.” The article he posted discussed climate change. Hijack? Isn’t the CF a discussion/debate forum? Maybe u missed that part. Regardless it’s right wing propaganda as usual. Not science.

02-Nov-18
"Spike posts something interesting and believable (for a change)" that's funny right there. I agree too.....I like the solar minimum idea. Hope it works...maybe my grand kids, if I ever have any, will be ok after all.

02-Nov-18
Point taken Pig Doc and Spike. I agree with your points on the last threads. I too think climate change is ad nauseam on the CF too. However, I just don't think left or right opinion twisting science is a good source and I thought this thread was going there. We get too much of that in our daily lives from MSNBC, Fox News, Brietbart, NYT, etc. IMO. Apologies if this was supposed to be a discussion about solar minimums. Carry on.

02-Nov-18

TD's Link
You never hear or see any solar influence in the apocalyptic predictions and models put out by the Church of AlGore. It's all co2, all the time. Reports recently came out how US co2 emissions have dropped yet more and lead the world in reducing emissions. "Between 2005 and 2017, U.S. carbon dioxide emissions fell by 12.4 percent on an absolute basis and by 19.9 percent on a per capita basis." No high fives or nothing from the AlGorians and the left..... imagine that. Paris Accords? Why? We lead the world in reduced emissions, we don't need any UN agreements to do so. Easy to see why they want us back in the PA...... the "why" involves money, They want ours.

When the Church of AlGore opens up to honest debate from all sides, then we might make some real scientific insight, or at least better insight. Or maybe just acknowledge we don't really have much of a handle on the when and why. When the Mann studies and UN studies come out and found to be intentionally manipulated (lied) and data hidden that would have changed their reports..... reports NOT put out for peer review. Opposing scientists banned from conferences, the world should have quit listening to them. It's like PutZ making an argument..... proven time and time again willing to lie and manipulate for the "cause". Less than worthless.

02-Nov-18
And the picture in the article listed above is a lie. Shows two red and white stacks with nothing visible coming out of them, and then next to the two stacks there is another with white billowing clouds coming out and that is labeled as pollution. The white billowing clouds are coming off the cooling towers, where the water heated to steam to power the turbines is cooled and recycled.

Terry

03-Nov-18
Can Spike hijack his own thread?

03-Nov-18
"HEY! Somebody morphed a political thread into fishing and hot girls so........"

Yep, and that thread became a helluva lot more interesting, too.

Matt

03-Nov-18
I agree GG. Just giving u some crap Spike.

03-Nov-18
climate and sun in same sentence? eco blasphemy, good catch men, off with spike's head

03-Nov-18
So, you're now saying we need more cow farts to save the planet?

:)

04-Nov-18
Coyote,

Actually, they are correct. What you're seeing there is what USED to go up those big chimneys on the right, but is now re-routed through the scrubbers. While it LOOKS like a bunch of pollution, it's mainly water vapor. We have a very similar situation very near where I live.

They don't have cooling towers at the facility in the photo (At least from looking at it in aerial photos), but the cooling water is most likely simply dumped back into the Potomac. On the aerial photos, you can see the maze of ductwork connecting the base of the old chimneys to the new scrubber.

• Sitka Gear