Annony Mouse 04-Nov-18
HA/KS 04-Nov-18
Woods Walker 04-Nov-18
RK 04-Nov-18
elkmtngear 05-Nov-18
HA/KS 05-Nov-18
Thumper 05-Nov-18
03-Nov-18
No rant on cause I totally agree. I've been getting up half an hour earlier all week to try and condition my body for tomorrow morning. Or maybe I can just kill a giant buck today and sleep in tomorrow.

03-Nov-18
It kind of depends on whether you are in the east or west part of a time zone.

03-Nov-18
JTV X2

03-Nov-18
"...got to get up even earlier to be up in a stand"

Umm, no you don't. You'll get up at the same time you have been relative to daybreak. Your clock will just read an hour earlier, that's all.

Think about it.

Matt

03-Nov-18
Get your state to change it. AZ opts out.

Terry

03-Nov-18
I wish they would just put it somewhere and leave it.

When I was a kid, we milked cows. They don't understand time change. ;)

03-Nov-18
Move it 30 minutes one way or the other and get rid of it.

03-Nov-18
CA has it on the ballot to do away with it this year. I can’t believe CA might get something right. Hopefully the rest of the country will follow suit.

03-Nov-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

03-Nov-18
If you're hunting, why even change your clock? Get up time is irrelevant with a time change when you're hunting.

Animals have no clue what time change is...

03-Nov-18
The sun doesn't change when it come up or goes down. Man cannot change that. I am retired now and don't even worry about a clock, I get up before light and go to bed around midnight. I only sleep 4 or five hours a night and have been that way my whole life. That stuff about needing 8 hours of sleep is total BS. Try and tell Trump or me that. My mom and her mom were exactly the same. BTW, they both lived well into their 90's so lack of sleep doesn't kill us.

03-Nov-18
If you were any kind of an ethical sportsman, you would NOT hunt for a couple of weeks from when the time change occurs because the deer are confused and disoriented. Why do you think so many are killed during the rut/pre-rut? JET LAG!

03-Nov-18
HDE and Shuteye said it better than I did.

Matt

03-Nov-18
I guess JTV and I have places to be on time...lol

03-Nov-18
I'm looking forward to it.

Today, it was 7:00 before it was light enough to see the trails well enough to avoid tripping and falling. Tomorrow it will be light enough by 6:00.

03-Nov-18
I generally get to my stand an hour before first light. I have a hat with a dim light that lets me see well enough to get where I am going. I also have the paths to my stands clear way ahead of time. I hunt my private property but it would be harder on public land.

03-Nov-18
Spring forward or Fall back, it doesn't matter. It always throws my sleeping schedule off for a week until I get used to the time change. Moving the clocks back or forwards is pointless.

03-Nov-18
JTV,

Sunrise tomorrow will be at the same time it was today (give or take a minute or so). Your clock is the only thing that changes. If you needed to get up 4 hours before sunrise to get to your stand today, you'll still need to get up 4 before sunrise tomorrow. Does it really matter what time your clock says?

Matt

03-Nov-18
I love the time Change. And for the exact reasons Kyle stated. I work outside. It really sucks right now that it isn’t light until 7:45.

03-Nov-18
There is an old saying that daylight savings time was created by someone who cut off the top of their blanket and sewed to the foot because their feet were cold.

03-Nov-18
My wife and I battle this constantly. She's a clock person...has to eat dinner by 6PM, be in bed by 10PM, and up by 6AM, regardless of the time of year. I'm a daylight person. I like to eat dinner shortly have sunset, go to bed 3-4 hours later, and be up an hour before sunrise, regardless of the clock time.

I could easily live with no clocks, so time changes have absolutely no affect on me. Just like the critters I hunt and fish.

Matt

03-Nov-18
It would make MORE sense to push the clock ahead ANOTHER hour in the fall!

03-Nov-18
Candasse's get over it and hunt

03-Nov-18
so you guys are saying nothing happens to the sun? we just change clocks for the heck of it?

03-Nov-18

03-Nov-18
Time change? Why Ike...... what ever do you mean???

03-Nov-18
My grandfather told me many years ago, the sun rules the day. He didn't use a watch but could come real close to the time on my watch. We would be working and he could hit lunch time right on the money.

04-Nov-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

04-Nov-18
"My grandfather told me many years ago, the sun rules the day."

Yup. I've worked outdoors my whole life and if the sun's out I know what time it is to within about 15 minutes. If you know which way north is it's simple.

04-Nov-18
Some don't seem to understand that people still have to live lives based on "clock" time. Good for you all if you are retired and don't need to follow a schedule for any reason, otherwise the OP makes sense. Keep DST all year if you ask me.

04-Nov-18
"I love the time Change. And for the exact reasons Kyle stated. I work outside. It really sucks right now that it isn’t light until 7:45."

Five children have been killed in the past two weeks waiting for their school bus in the dark. I'd change the dates to the saturday closest to 15 April and 1 Oct.

04-Nov-18
Instead of changing the time, why not leave it sun time and change the school hours? When I worked in Texas right next to the Mexican boarder, the Mexicans didn't change the time. I knew a guard at a hotel that came from Mexico every day to work. He didn't like the way we changed the time. Since I always get up way before light the guard made sure I got free coffee and donuts that the hotel supplied the guards.

04-Nov-18
I hope JTV was able to make it to his stand on time this morning. ;-)

Matt

04-Nov-18
Henry...simply awesome cartoon.

I've read a lot of scientific articles about Stonehenge and enjoyed Bernard Cornwell's historical novel about it. One could almost imagine some loony group demanding such a move in today's crazy world.

04-Nov-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo

04-Nov-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
Woods Walker's embedded Photo

04-Nov-18
HA AND WW

Lmao my lab just came in and went to her Bowl for dinner Nothing there yet !!! 45 more minutes. She is NOT happy

05-Nov-18
I do think it goes on too long now. I basically like the idea of daylight savings time and it doesn't bother me at all really when it changes. I like getting the hour back in the fall. I'm an early riser and go workout most days. I was getting pretty tired up being for 3 hours before it was light.

05-Nov-18
At least I had SOME daylight left when I get home from work. Now, I go to work in the dark, and come home in the dark!!

05-Nov-18

HA/KS's embedded Photo
HA/KS's embedded Photo
Elk, e are now on the time schedule that existed for most of US history (at least after railroads were built)

05-Nov-18
Besides the extra hour of day light is causing global warming.

:)

• Sitka Gear