canepole 03-Nov-18
Woods Walker 03-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 03-Nov-18
canepole 03-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 03-Nov-18
03-Nov-18
From COTR:

"Mother Of Three Defends Her Home, Shoots Home Invader

We don’t hear these stories often, but it’s not because they don’t happen. It’s because people are generally attracted to terrible news. When things turn out fine, big mainstream news outlets don’t find the stories worth covering. Local news stations usually do a pretty good job, but most people watch MAIN networks, which explains why these stories don’t get out there.

But we’re bringing this one to the forefront! Don’t mess with Mama Bear!

A mother of three is safe after shooting a man who tried to break into her home. Ashley Jones told FOX Carolina she heard someone banging on the door of her home in Anderson County around 6 a.m. Thursday.

She looked out the window and didn’t see anyone, so she asked who was there. No one answered her, but she heard people speaking in front of the house. Next, Jones said she called 911 and grabbed her gun.

As she walked downstairs with the gun, she said she saw a strange man in a red shirt knocking on her window by the front door.

“I yelled, ‘I have a gun, I will shoot you, get away from my house,’” Jones said.

You’d think that would’ve deterred them, but no. She said the man and another person walked to the back of her house and tried break through her back door. It didn’t work, so they tried to go through the garage and ultimately went back to the front door. He kicked the door in, and that’s when she let her bullet FLY. It hit him, and he ran away.

“Something just came over me, and I got calm. My heart slowed down and I got focused. I told myself if he comes in here, you can’t let him get past your doorstep. You have three young children to protect,” she said.

I get CHILLS just reading that statement. She’s so brave.

“I would’ve killed him if I had to,” she said.

She didn’t want to, but she was willing to do whatever needed to be done to protect her kids.

Jones said she was initially hesitant to be a gun owner and hoped she never had to use it. She took steps to train with the firearm and taught her children to avoid it. But after the events that unfolded Thursday morning, Jones said she is glad to be a gun owner.

“If I didn’t have a weapon, I wouldn’t have been able to fight him off,” Jones said.

Exactly. Sometimes, just threatening a suspect by saying “I have a gun!” isn’t good enough. These intruders were persistent. Who knows what they would’ve done to this mother and her precious kids if they managed to get inside.

Guns save lives. Remember that. "

03-Nov-18

Woods Walker's embedded Photo
TRUTH!!!
Woods Walker's embedded Photo
TRUTH!!!

03-Nov-18
Kyle.... do you have a link to the story ?? There was a similar one posted recently that turned out to be fake news. Just want to make sure it’s on the up and up......

03-Nov-18

NvaGvUp's Link
Chris,

Here you go.

The COTR story I credited links to this source.

03-Nov-18
Could you provide a link to the fake one so I can ensure its not on the up and up?

03-Nov-18
I’d have to dig it up.... it was a Spike thread.... I don’t remember the title.... It was posted on a pro gun website.... but the news station it mentioned turned out to be fake. The story said the homeowner blew the suspects head clean off with a shotgun.

03-Nov-18
Chris...saw the story on several sites including the local news station.

03-Nov-18
Good !!! Always good to see good people with guns thwarting evil !!

03-Nov-18
She should have called Michael Bloomberg, Chuckie Schumer, Di-Fi and David Hogg first to see if they were OK with her shooting the bad guy.

From the photos, Mama Bear is clearly an African American while the bad guy looks to be a Caucasian. So this is the last we'll ever hear of this.

However, had it been the other way around, well, you know the drill.

03-Nov-18
We had the young mother here in central Oklahoma who was at home a few years back. She was alone with her 3 month old son. She shot and killed a home invader. Didn't blow his head off but the results were the same. She had the 911 dispatcher on the phone while two men were trying to break in. When she ask the dispatcher if she could shoot the intruder(s) the dispatcher told her "I can't tell you shoot but do whatever you have to protect yourself." Then the dispatcher repeated almost word for word "I can't tell what to do, but you have to do what you have to do to protect your baby." The only murder charges filed were against the dead guys accomplice.

03-Nov-18
And she saved the taxpayers about $32,000 per year!!!

03-Nov-18
He died?

In that case she saved all of his trial fees in addition to his incarceration costs.

03-Nov-18
I was referring to canepole's post. But great additional point! A $1 bullet compared to who knows what total cost it would be to try some criminal scumbag and then house the sonofabitch for who knows how long.

03-Nov-18
Kyle and Lou, as proud as I was of the young lady I was also bragging on the female dispatcher. "I can't tell you what to do but ......"

And yes I agree the Return On Investment for one slug was quite impressive. Gene

03-Nov-18
Yes....it's called "covering your ***"!

03-Nov-18
Canepole,

Yep!

What I heard the dispatcher say, essentially, was, "I can't tell you what to do, but if you have to shoot the sumnabitch, shoot the sumnabitch."

03-Nov-18
Big Bear might want to consider moving here. We can never have enough quality LE personal. Plus our District Attorneys, Judges, and juries are all pro law enforcement.

03-Nov-18
Canepole,

Same here in Reno.

Our LE's and our DA's are very pro gun and very pro self-defense.

• Sitka Gear