woodguy65 06-Nov-18
Grey Ghost 06-Nov-18
Grey Ghost 06-Nov-18
Grey Ghost 06-Nov-18
Rocky 06-Nov-18
Zbone 06-Nov-18
04-Nov-18

HA/KS's Link
If you like football at all and haven't watched this kid .....

May have to go to Youtube to watch the video.

04-Nov-18

HA/KS's Link
Because of copy write you have to go to Youtube if you want to watch.

His receivers make him look pretty good.

04-Nov-18
Wow, that kid is something else...seriously deadly when on the run and/or off-balance!

04-Nov-18
He is going to help built a heck of a machine in KC

i went to a lot of games at Texas Tech and saw him play. My son goes there. I think he was always better than Mayfield but just did not have the total team around him like Mayfield did

He is an incredible QB

04-Nov-18
When I read the title I thought it was about some kid in the 'hood talking about his friends! ;-)

04-Nov-18
His dad was an MLB pitcher for quite a few years.

05-Nov-18
No doubt the kid is special...

05-Nov-18
How can anyone say QB without naming Jared Goff? We now have Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Goff, and Aaron Rodgers. Through in a suspect Carson Wence and you have some interesting offensive games on the docket.

Something else. The Vikings Kirk Cousin is the most under rated QB out there. This guy can go.

05-Nov-18
Once again, Brady showed why he's still the best QB in the league last night. He does more with less talent around him than any other.

Mahomes may get there some day, but without the likes of Hill, Kelsey, and Hunt, I don't think he could put a team on his back and lead them to championships like Brady has. The Chiefs defense is still suspect too, IMO, and that will cause their ultimate demise in the playoffs.

Matt

05-Nov-18
Matt,

He is that good. Yes, he has talent around him but he is making them look even better. He makes things happen. He is physically talented but also reads defenses and adjusts like a seasoned veteran.

Agree on the defense.

05-Nov-18
Frank,

Mahomes makes many plays on athletic talent alone, right now. If he's still doing that at 40 years of age, I'll concede the GOAT title to him. When he inevitably get's injured, or age wears on those athletic abilities, that's when we'll see what he's truly made of.

Matt

05-Nov-18
He’s fun to watch. That is for sure. Gives a reason to watch the Chiefs.

05-Nov-18

He is fun to watch.

He's basically a rookie. GOAT should not even be in the conversation.

He has not played defense for a single snap this year.

He doesn't play for any other NFL team.

He's fun to watch.

05-Nov-18
"GOAT should not even be in the conversation"

I agree,,, and he's about ready to fall of a cliff at anytime, threw 6 incompletions in a row last night (thought that might be the jumping off the edge...8^))) ya can't beat Father Time...

05-Nov-18
Matt,

He is breaking all kinds of records. He is better than Brady was in his second year, even better than Peyton;)

05-Nov-18
RG 111 was also great and the next coming. The only time to tag great is when you look back at the body of work over time and QUALITY wins: winning drives/playoff wins when it is one or your done. Pressure,and how you handle it under pressure.

The Rock

05-Nov-18
Sure looking good so far. Has that feel for the ball...... left handed passes.... can throw ACCURATELY from nearly any position, doesn't have to square up, kind of like Rogers. Nifty with his feet but unlike many doesn't HAVE to run it. Good feel in the pocket.

I some ways the kid has a Stephen Curry feel to him. Just crazy natural gifts.

05-Nov-18
Rocco,

You and I seem to agree more often each day.

I'm just trying to tone down some of the Mahomes fan-boy rhetoric. Yes, he's had a great 9 game start to his career. Yes, he's set numerous records with the help of guys who routinely take his 5 yard tosses to the house. Yes, he shows great promise. But, would he be putting up those numbers in Cleveland, Oakland, Buffalo, etc.....?

Besides RG Triple Tooth Picks, Michael Vick and Mark Sanchez come to mind as other examples of QBs who didn't live up to their first few year's of billings.

I had the pleasure to watch Elway for his entire career. He took a miserable Bronco team to 9-7 his rookie year. They were 13-3 his second year, again with below average talent around him. Early in his career, he made plays on pure physical talent, much like Mahomes. As he aged, and the NFL took it's toll on his body, what he lost in physical talent, he made up for with football acumen.

The difference between Elway and Mahomes is Elway was a physically imposing man. 6'4" tall, north of 230 pounds, with a rocket arm and good legs. Mahomes has the arm and legs part, but how long will his below average physical size hold up? Brees has certainly bucked the QB stereotypes. Perhaps Mahomes will too. Only time will tell.

Matt

05-Nov-18
Grey Ghost - Good points, Mahomes has lotz of weapons others do/did not,,, one of if not the best tight end in the league, one of the best running backs in the league, and a human joy stick premier wide receiver, possibly the fastest man in the league... Not to mention his offense line is solid...

05-Nov-18
Z,

Not to mention, the QBs many prematurely compared Mahomes to played in a era when defensive players could hit QBs so hard their dead grandmothers felt it. Mahomes plays in an era in which defensive players get penalized for farting on a QB.

Combine that with rule changes that benefit offensive receivers, and is it any real surprise Mahomes is breaking records? That's a given in my book.

Matt

05-Nov-18
Matt, I personally like the way Mahomes handles himself on the field and his attitude APPEARS to be under control. You're correct in his supporting staff but his accuracy and release is uncanny. I see the same exact attributes in ball flight from Tua the QB for Alabama. We will see when crunch time comes how Mahomes handles it.

The Rock

05-Nov-18
Matt, Mahomes is listed at 6'3" 230 lbs. Not really a small QB

05-Nov-18
I'm not buying 6'3" 230. Are those numbers verifiable? He sure looks and plays smaller.

He'll probably win the SB this year, and I will eat crow. Until then, I'll refrain from accolades until he's actually accomplished something.

Matt

05-Nov-18
Heck, we are all just guessing.

By accounts in the news, he is a leader. I think players are giving more because of that.

Their only loss, to the Pats, they were way behind at the half. Supposedly Andy Reid went to talk to him and he responded not to worry, he had it.

Brady didn't win that game, the Chief's defense lost it. Totally different outcome at Arrowhead.

Many of the same players Alex Smith had. He didn't get this kind of yardage. Some of those yards after the catch are being earned by the receivers, some of them are from the QB being able to throw where the defense doesn't expect.

Most teams would take him right now, including over Brady I bet.

05-Nov-18
I think you are putting the cart waaaaaaaaaay ahead of the horse. Your not even half way through the season. Get back to us in 5 years - then in 10 years and lets see what he is doing. The NFL chews these guys up and spits them out. Look at Andrew Luck, Jameis Winston, Kappernick all those guys had 1 great season and were the next..., hell Kapp took a team to the SB and I remember analyst on ESPN saying his style of running/passing was going to change the NFL forever....yawn. Yeah until the next year when Def coordinators watch a years worth of film, and utilize all the game film of teams that played them the prior year, then it ends as quick as it begins...

Brady, Manning, Brees are all extremely cerebral - coaches on the field. They break down schemes in a nano second. Did you see last night where Brady faked the entire secondary out with a look and direction of his head - then hit Gordon for a TD... sure looks easy from where I sit.

Do you seriously think this kid could carry a team like Brady or Rogers with the lack of talent of their peers? If Rogers gets hurt the packers will only win 1-2 more games - period.

He is a gifted athlete with loads of talent, I love watching him. He makes it look easy and almost looks unstoppable. I wish him the best and hope he has a long bright future.

06-Nov-18
"I think you are putting the cart waaaaaaaaaay ahead of the horse."

Who?

I said he is fun to watch.

06-Nov-18
Who is calling him a hall of famer right now? Nobody I have heard. But who is playing lights out football as QB right now? He's got to be at or near the top. Brady is great.... but he has his O line to thank. With any pressure he's pretty pedestrian these days. The game line is, he takes a big hit or two and he goes to "happy feet". Seen it in many games.

What is undeniable is Mahomes is putting up incredible numbers, making the highlight reels with every game and with any hint of defense would be undefeated. He CAN run.... but he's got 29 passing TDs.... 29. (to 7 INT) And 2 rushing. Halfway into the season and has near 3000 yards passing. 137 yard total running. A bit over 15 yards per game. That's not a "running" QB. 116 passer rating. Pretty cool.

WRT YAC...... yes some great receivers. But that stat requires he hits them where they can make a move or continue to run after the catch. That's big. Have to sit down or adjust for the ball not caught in stride is yuge in YAC.......

Ready for the HOF? Nope, not yet by a long ways. But very very few HOF QBs were duds early in their careers, (could say Curt Warner was an exception) most gave a good window to the future as to what was coming. So far..... so good....

06-Nov-18
TD, Tom Brady has earned his wings over a 20 year period unmatched by any QB in this league. He can have happy feet a happy meal or anything he wants because he is above criticism at 41 years old. He has more SB's than Mahomes or ANY rookie QB has come from behind wins. It is not possible that a single team could have the greatest O line in football year in and year out over that span. Brady did all this WITHOUT a true threat no name running backs and with midget no name receivers, excuse me, one, Gronkowski a TE. Guess what? I, like every other person can't stand this guy because of the winning machine that he is, but, there is not enough football bronze on these fields to build his statue.

The Rock

The Rock

06-Nov-18
Yes, and don't forget the cheating part. How many other HOF QBs have had 4 game suspensions? And what did they do that wasn't caught?

Guy is a cheater, plain and simple. Only cheater I know the CF puts on a pedestal. (Besides Trump. That's for Paul because you know it's coming,)

;)

06-Nov-18
He's sure starting his career well. But considering how Mariota looked on year one (very good) or Dak Prescott (Awesome), I dont yet know how his career will go long term. He sure looks good in games, sorta a bigger bodied Aaron Rodgers.

Hopefully he has a great career. I mean the "last" "big" generation of QB's are down to what, Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Drew Brees? I guess Roethlesburger as well. All those guy's are in the twilight of their careers. It is awesome to see some young guys come up and play as Mahomes has.

That Cheifs Pat's game was my favorite this year - yes, "my" team won... But it was the way the Chiefs played and Mahomes in particular that was awesome.

06-Nov-18
Habitat you are grasping. I hate the Patriots as well, I'm a life long Steelers fan, unfortunately our road goes through Foxboro.

That said, I have the utmost respect for Brady and Belichick as a football fan. They are both the GOAT and it's not even close.

06-Nov-18
Anyone remember Gale Sayers?

Matt

06-Nov-18
Matt, yes.

Woodguy, I was only partially jesting.

All of the records the kid is breaking are names that everyone recognizes. Hard for me to believe that when someone else breaks his, that few will remember him or think it was a fluke.

Realize, all of the changes Matt pointed to every other QB faces. There is a reason he is better.

Twenty years ago we did not have 275lb lineman running a tad over 4 seconds either, or nearly as tall. The entire game has evolved. Yes, he is that good.

06-Nov-18
Frank,

Imagine if Unitas, Elway, Marino, Montana, Manning, Rogers, Brees, Brady, etc...all played under the same rules Mahomes does for their entire careers. Do you still think Mahomes would be setting records?

Matt

06-Nov-18
Yep. Think if those guys played against the size, speed and strength of today.

06-Nov-18
"Yep. Think if those guys played against the size, speed and strength of today."

They did, and in some cases they played against athletes that were even bigger, stronger and faster than today. Remember steroids? Some of those guys looked like fictional cartoon characters.

Look, I understand your excitement. I would be excited too if Mahomes was in orange and blue. But don't start counting chickens just yet, unless you want to be disappointed. We've seen one-hit wonders before in the NFL, many times.

Matt

06-Nov-18
Matt,

Look at the Combines then and now.

I am not counting chickens. I think he will be gone in two years.

06-Nov-18
Matt, Gale Sayers? Remember? How could I ever forget. That was my number 40 because of him and I remember the station breaking in telling of Sayers 6 TD'S , 4 by run 1 by pass and 1 by punt return for 80 yds. all in a sloppy drenched mud slop of a field. Incredible talent cut short.

The Rock

06-Nov-18
Yeah, how could anyone who ever watch Gale Sayers ever forget him...

BTW, I'm not a Brady fan either, but if I had to draft a QB just out of college in their day, my first choice would have been Elway, with Rogers a close second behind... I think Rodgers is the most accurate passer I've ever seen though... The long term jury is still out on Mahomes, but I luv what I see so far... He sure is fun to watch...

• Sitka Gear