HDE 06-Nov-18
Sam Dunham 06-Nov-18
Coyote 65 06-Nov-18
Shuteye 06-Nov-18
RK 06-Nov-18
HDE 07-Nov-18
06-Nov-18
Welfare.

While New Mexico has a great many extravagantly wealthy residents, most of the people who live here are very poor. New Mexico is often the largest recipient of federal money, while contributing the least amount of tax revenue to federal coffers. We are a welfare state by any definition, and rightly or wrongly, Democrats are considered the party of wealth redistribution.

Places full of hippies, creatives, and new-agers (Santa Fe, Taos, Madrid) lean liberal. As do the recipients of welfare benefits and federal programs, such as the Native reservations, government facilities, and employees of the many social welfare departments found throughout the state.

06-Nov-18
I have a nephew that lives in New Mexico. He is a meteorologist and teaches hand loading at a college. He loves their gun laws and carries all the time. He got stopped for speeding a couple years ago and the officer saw a handgun and asked what model it was my nephew handed it to the officer to look at. I forget what it was but it was a Fully loaded new model of a semi auto 9 mm. The officer loved it, handed it back to my nephew. There was also a fully loaded AR 15 on the back seat. The officer told my Nephew to slow down and have a nice day. I told him when he visits me in Maryland that wouldn't work as well unless it was my K9 officer cousin that stopped him.

06-Nov-18
The largest employer in NM is gov't. NM, settled in large part by southerners, traditionally has always been blue. However, the "old days" blue was not what it is today or has become.

Population density wise in the Rio Grande corridor is what keeps the state blue. Rural areas have a tendancy to be red.

Until NM gets off it's ass and figures out how to attract other industries and lower crime significantly, it will continue to be about the poorest state in the Union.

As far as gunlaws go, if Mich wins tonight, that will change...

06-Nov-18
NM is a beautiful state full of large booner elk.

06-Nov-18
And if I had won the mega millions I was going to buy a ranch with 90 landowner permits, then the nicest people on the bowsite would have been my guests.

Terry

06-Nov-18
I used to visit a rail siding in New Mexico to check on Tank Cars. One of the guys that worked there told me the state record bow and arrow elk kill was 20 miles from the rail siding. It was beautiful country.

06-Nov-18
New Mexico rocks if you have money

Coyote 65. If you win just remember I'm a nice guy LOL!

07-Nov-18
"NM is a beautiful state full of large booner elk."

What western state doesn't have the opportunity for a large booner elk? Sad ig that's all NM has to offer. That and Netflix movies now...

• Sitka Gear