Will 06-Nov-18
Treeline 12-Nov-18
IdyllwildArcher 12-Nov-18
newfi1946moose 12-Nov-18
elkmtngear 12-Nov-18
foxbo 12-Nov-18
Mint 12-Nov-18
06-Nov-18
I just posted an article in a different thread, and at the end the authors had noted some interesting, and related books. The first one, The Art of Learning by Josh Waitzkin I read last summer, good book.

A couple other recent reads that I thought were really good were:

Thinking Fast and Thinking Slow by Daniel Kahneman

The Playmakers Advantage by Zaichkowsky and Peterson

How about you guys? What BOOKS have you been enjoying lately?

06-Nov-18
Why Progressive nitwits pretend to be Centrists.... :)

06-Nov-18
The CF only, it is the best source of purely accurate news without opinions around. :)

06-Nov-18
Bahhhh that right there is funny Slade :) Let me put down my Bernie 16 coffee mug and my Lizzy Warren for President poster for a minute so I can finish typing :) ha ha ha ha!!! (even I could get religious over that, as in, PLEASE God dont let that happen!)

I'm serious guys. Whatcha reading? I'm a book nerd (well a nerd who likes books) so I'm always curious what else is out there that may be interesting.

06-Nov-18
Killing Kennedy.

I started the "Killing" series and found them excellent reads. Killing Jesus, Patton, Lincoln, and the Rising Sun all under my belt.

06-Nov-18
“Astrophysics for People in a Hurry.” Neil Degrass Tyson. I don’t get it all but the man has a way for breaking down complicated science to layman’s terms. Before that it was “How Dogs Think: understanding the Canine Mind.” Stanley Coren. My dogs are my best friends so I picked it up hoping to see through thier perspective a little better. Good book.

Been listening to American History podcast lately while traveling. Most 1800-1900 old west bios and tales. I love the old mountain men stories and old west lawmen and outlaw tales. Much of that history in Kansas. I look for books and podcasts that talk about the facts in the history not the legends only.

06-Nov-18
Just finished 1493. What a fabulous book - should be required reading in school! 1491 was also incredible and both will be kept for future reference.

06-Nov-18
These two are best friends and they came together to discuss how to find joy in the little things. It’s uplifting, spiritual without being preachy and devoid of any one religion. It’s a practical way to find joy in our lives. Something we really all need to

06-Nov-18
Recently got a big book that is the two complete journals of Lewis and Clark. What an adventure into the unknown.

06-Nov-18
Can’t beat anything with Lewis and Clark. Undaunted Courage...now that’s a great book. PBS did a special on it with Steven Ambrose.

06-Nov-18
The only thing I read other than internet articles and forum posts is the Bible. I have been slacking lately but I read the whole Bible last year so I guess I was due for a let down. I have not being into the Word as I should.

06-Nov-18
Lewis and Clark is good stuff. Ill have to check out Undaunted Courage. For some reason it feels like it's similar to "Endurance", about Ernest Shackelton's ill voyage to Antarctica. That's a great read too if you like true adventures.

PD that's funny right there :)

12-Nov-18
Another spectacular read is “A Splendid Savage, The Restless life of Fredrick Russell Burnham”.

12-Nov-18
“How Sportsmen Saved the World”

12-Nov-18
O'Conner.

12-Nov-18
I used to be an avid reader.

Nowadays, the only thing I get to read, is the back of my eyelids...book hits me in the face 5 minutes after I start reading ...

12-Nov-18
Undaunted Courage is a great read. I'm reading Nathan Beford Forest right now, almost finished. The guy was amazing.

12-Nov-18

Straight —» Arrow's Link
If you like history and you do audio........Hardcore History podcast is about as good as it gets. This Dan Carlin guy is unbelievably good.

https://www.dancarlin.com/hardcore-history-series/

12-Nov-18
G Man by Stephen hunter The Last Mile by David Baldacci Ghost Sniper by David Healey

• Sitka Gear