WV Mountaineer 09-Nov-18
bad karma 09-Nov-18
slade 09-Nov-18
WV Mountaineer 09-Nov-18
BIGHORN 09-Nov-18
Bentstick81 09-Nov-18
Annony Mouse 09-Nov-18
07-Nov-18
Jim Acosta questions Presidents like a bully. Here he is questioning Obama (text below). And we know how hard he has been on Trump. Finally a President who does not care about details in the Constitution and does something to stop this questioning of authority. Obama was to much of a "Constitution follower" to stop these reporters, but not our guy! CNN's Jim Acosta to Obama on ISIS: "Why Can't We Take Out These Bastards?" Posted By Tim Hains On Date November 16, 2015 JIM ACOSTA, CNN: Thank you very much, Mr. President. I wanted to go back to something you said to Margaret earlier when you said you have not underestimated ISIS' abilities. This is an organization that you once described as a JV team, that evolved into a force that is now occupying territory in Iraq and Syria and is now able to use that safe haven to launch attacks in other parts of the world. How is that not underestimating their capabilities? And how is that contained, quite frankly? And I think a lot of Americans have this frustration that they see that the United States has the greatest military in the world, it has the backing of nearly every other country in the world when it comes to taking on ISIS.

I guess the question is, and if you'll forgive the language, is why can't we take out these bastards? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeOGna290tc PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, Jim, I just spent the last three questions answering that very question. So, I don't know what more you want me to add. I think I've described very specifically what our strategy is. And I've described very specifically why we do not pursue some of the other strategies that have been suggested.

This is not, as I said, a traditional military opponent. We can retake territory. And as long as we leave our troops there, we can hold it. But that does not solve the underlying problem of eliminating the dynamics that are producing these kinds of violent extremist groups.

And so we are going to continue to pursue the strategy that has the best chance of working even though it does not offer the satisfaction, I guess, of a neat headline or an immediate resolution.

And part of the reason, as I said, Jim, is because there are costs to the other side.

I just want to -- I just want to remind people. This is not an abstraction. When we send troops in, those troops get injured, they get killed, they're away from their families. Our country spends hundreds of billions of dollars. And so, given the fact that there are enormous sacrifices involved in any military action, it's best that we don't, you know, shoot first and aim later. It's important for us to get the strategy right and the strategy that we are pursuing is the right one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeOGna290tc (here's the link)

07-Nov-18
Complaining about bias from the same guys that watch Hannity nightly like it’s “news.” The same Hannity that appears at a Trump rally. A bit hypocritical don’t u think?

07-Nov-18
Removing all doubt you are a progressive lemming is a bit harsh, but then u don't think.

07-Nov-18
KS,

I doubt you could have been more off the mark if you'd made a conscious effort; an opinion show (Hannity) does not bear the responsibility of the absence of bias (any more than do Rachel Maddow or Lawrence O'Donnell); a journalist doing their job absolutely must be beyond reproach in that attribute.

The only hypocrisy I see is on your part in trying to draw a false equivalence; either you had an off moment or you're simply disingenuous by nature.....

07-Nov-18
If lemmings consume it like its news then that’s a problem. Hannity and Maddow both are in prime time spots on 24 hour NEWS networks. I get your point but it’s not that far off the mark.

07-Nov-18
Actually you appear to be missing my point and by a wide margin. With all due respect the argument you're trying to make is irrelevant; painting teats on a bull doesn't make it a milk cow any more than viewership and time slots make opinion forum hosts journalists.

You have no idea of how painful I find it that you seem to not grasp something this obvious.....

07-Nov-18
KS....Hannity is very open he is an opinion (soft news) person and not a hard news person. He tells his audience that often. Same for Rach Maddawg...contrary to what Yahoo thinks...she too is an opinion person. She might think she is more than that...but that's cool.

Jim Acosta is supposed to be a professional hard news, White House reporter....just like all the other credentialed media folks in the WH Briefing Room asking questions. His (and CNN's) problem is he intentionally tries to make himself the center of the news and selfishly steals time from his fellow reporters with his antics. Today was a good example of his selfish behavior. Sam Donaldson was like that to a lesser extent. So was Helen Thomas. She wore her politics often. She was Lebanese and anti-Israel.

07-Nov-18

JL's embedded Photo
JL's embedded Photo
This is Helen Thomas. She passed a while back. She sat in the first row and would go after Dubya often.

08-Nov-18
Yes but she was not saying Bush was a racist and her network was not a Bush bashing globalist caravan impeachment end game diehard.

08-Nov-18
IMO...she was a racist. I believe she was canned for letting her anti-Semite views come to the surface. She was not on a network as a regular. She was a print person. Because she was a woman and a veteran journalist...her colleagues gave her a pass for decades.

08-Nov-18
Acosta was harassing the President. He physically would not give up the microphone, after being told to do so. He deserved what he got. He will probably get his pass back after he sits in time out for a while.

08-Nov-18
Acosta is a twerp who's mission is to throw Trump off his game... such as yfpos.

08-Nov-18
I don't care who you are. When the POTUS tells you set down & shut up in their house, you do it. Bye Jim. Go suck an egg. :)

What I found funny when watching the whole exchange was - How Acosta started shrinking like a "Pecker In Ice Water" when PresTrump started stepping from behind the podium.

08-Nov-18
Thought he was gonna hand out a smacking lol

08-Nov-18
I get your points but Trump is hostile to any reporter he doesn’t think they are on his side. I mean if he can’t take the heat. I didn’t see where Acosta was disrespectful with his question.

It very painful that any American would only like to see softball questions from right wing journalists for Trump. It amazes me that some can’t seem to grasp that Acosta is doing his job. Just because Trump don’t like his reporting doesn’t make it wrong. I want the media to ask the tough questions of all presidents. Trump lets his emotions get to him. Not good for the leader of the most powerful nation in the world. That’s what makes me the most nervous about Trump. He’s not cool under pressure. He’s emotional.

08-Nov-18
KS, Acosta does the same crap to Sarah Sanders on a daily basis. He badgers continuously, beating a dead horse, trying to get the outcome he wants, with no regard for anyone else in the room. Can't just pass the mic, and let someone else have a turn.

Trump called him out for what he is: a rude individual, with no concept of how to behave in a press conference. It's people like him, that make the President avoid press conferences, he screws it up for everyone else, by being a dick.

08-Nov-18
My oh my how our bowlibs lie. Trump is 10 times more accessible to the press than your buffoon dear leader and takes questions from his adversaries on a regular bases.

08-Nov-18

08-Nov-18
All the freedoms we have in this country and look closely what it has rendered us. Each Tribe despising the other. The latest just hours ago: " Twelve dead"....or shall I say "Twelve more dead". Common occurrence: same act, same results, different day.

Doesn't touch the emotional register anymore. Therein lays the GREATEST danger.

The Rock

08-Nov-18
RESPECT

Acosta and the media hate Trump so much that they fail to remember on simple thing:

TRUMP IS PRESIDENT and as such, deserves the respect of the office.

Acosta has a long record of showing that HE is the story...and not a journalist. I think his style would best be presented on a supermarket tabloid rather than a third rate "news" network.

08-Nov-18

Hunting5555's embedded Photo

08-Nov-18

08-Nov-18

08-Nov-18
So it was the disrespect of a president that bothered u?

08-Nov-18
Grade school insults...nice

08-Nov-18
I guess the hypocrisy stung a little bit...lol

08-Nov-18
No. You are refusing to acknowledge the situation. And you know it, but playing ignorant. He asked his question, it was answered and other questions to be taken, as dozens were clamoring to ask theirs.... he then shouted all others out, climbed up on a soapbox to deride the president with his liberal personal bias and views, and physically refused to relinquish the mike when ordered to. He was on a mission to both push his PERSONAL agenda and try to belittle and publicly disrespect the President. The POS was called out on being POS. Cool that it was done by the President of the United States. That he doesn't LIKE the fact he is President does not mean he gets a pass.

15 yard personal foul and ejected from the game. You know the rules of conduct going in. You are not above them. Follow them. Or you get your sorry lame azz tossed. Freedom of speech is not freedom of repercussion for such speech. Being a dick should have consequences.

He is perfectly free to crawl back into his sewer and crap out whatever response he wants.... THAT is freedom of the press, he's not sitting in a jail someplace. But he has no "right" to ever go to another press conference again as long as Trump is President. Ever. There is no such "right". CNN will likely "print" whatever crap he spews, it's CNN. It's what they do, like National Enquirer does what they do. But it should be a long long time if ever before the creep sets foot on White House grounds.

09-Nov-18
Some, especially the members of the putzeidan nation cannot understand the difference between "rights" and "privilege"... probably due to the lack of understanding the concert of RESPECT and RESPONSIBILITY.

09-Nov-18
Yes it was the disrespect of the president that bothered me. Who in their right mind does that? As bad as I disliked Obama, I can't imagine doing that to him. Is it your love for all things left that allows you to over look it KS?

This is a reporter, sent to the white house press conferences to cover news. Not make news. Instead of ask the president in a decent way, he gets up and does that? This guy has had a hard on for trying to go face to face with Trump. Look at what he has said about Trump personally. I bet he is the cool guy at the neighborhood block party's for being an arrogant puke.

Here is the real deal, outside this arena, if he acted that way, he'd been getting dentures. Period. Bt, he knows he is safe. When a person uses the situation to act like a big man showing their opponent zero respect, it is very telling what kind of human they are. A Piece of crap.

09-Nov-18
And for the putzeidans, there is a vast difference between comments from members/users of the CF WRT a public figure than that of supposedly professional and supposedly unbiased members of the "free" press whose function is to report NEWS, not editorialize. Putzie and his ilk find this well beyond their comprehension.

09-Nov-18
You have some good points WV and I can see where you are coming from. However, did you see Trumps response to the very next reporter after Acosta? He stated to say that he has work with Jim and he was a good person. Trump interrupted him and said I don't really like you either. Come on...Trump went in there looking for a fight and couldn't control his emotions. There were many times other recent presidents were disrespected by reports or those in congress and I didn't hear an outcry on the CF from right wingers. It seems hypocritical.

Yes, Acosta could have handled it differently. He should have just sit down and tried another day to ask a question or follow-up question. Trump could have handled it differently too. Name calling by the President is as dumb as it is hear on the CF.

Sure Jack, you should get a pass for the hateful words and personal attacks that you throw out here on a daily basis. I thought that Jesus was against things like that...whether you were a reporter or some bowhunter from rural America.

Good grief...

09-Nov-18
"I thought that Jesus was against things like that."

Matthew 12:35 "You brood of vipers! How can you speak good, when you are evil? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks."

John 2:15 "So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple courts....."

09-Nov-18
Pig Doc, you forgot the most important thing, Puppies.

09-Nov-18
KS, what would you do after years of the same treatment? This didn't start yesterday. Another question I would think a non partisan person would ask of the "next guy" is why he felt compelled to defend Acosta? Why? What is his purpose? Motivation?

It really is as simple as this. These people do not like the president and feel like it is their right to not only disagree but, to insult him. That is not being a man. that is being a coward given the situation. And, they do it behind the mask of journalism. Look, for as much as Kevin and I have went around about Megyn Kelly, journalism can be defined by her. Aside from her personal bias, she is the same with everyone. However, these pricks lick the boot hills of anything liberal and get in the face of a conservative president. Are you kidding me? And they call his actions inappropriate? And, what is worse is people agree with them while dismissing their actions. You want to know what is polarizing this country? It is crap like that

09-Nov-18
In my storied career as a college student, spent a term or two as a potential journalism major. From that perspective, I can honestly say that journalism is dead and what we are seeing is a zombie invasion of would be journalists...if they only had a brain.

09-Nov-18

09-Nov-18
What a sorry excuse of a man he is.

09-Nov-18
When I go to court, I have to treat people, particularly the court and those who work for the court, with high respect. The White House should be no different. Acosta is the north end of a southbound horse, and is treating Sarah Sanders, President Trump and the remainder of the press corps, among others, with no respect. He should have his press pass yanked until he can treat this with the professional respect it deserves. And if he can't, he can go on to reporting on the next new grocery store opening or something.

09-Nov-18

09-Nov-18

WV Mountaineer's Link
I agree.

Mouse, this is how I feel about people like Jim Acosta.

https://youtu.be/wLAY15lB4I4

09-Nov-18
Every time I post something Your Favorite Poster or Brownbutt deletes it. He only wants to see what he wants to see.

09-Nov-18
And today he was asked a valid question by a respected member of the press and he called her stupid. This is a petulant man=child. Defend him all you want, it doesn't make it any better.

Reminder: Respect is earned, not given away. The President sets the tone, the press responds. When the President’s tone is brutish, adversarial, and paranoid, the press must raise the volume of its response in order to challenge him. That is their job. Not to lob softball questions and pat him on the back but to ask REAL questions that challenge him. Your issues are with Trump, not Acosta.

09-Nov-18
Bighorn, I have no way to delete anything. Thats a power given to a select few here that are buddies with Pat and act as moderators/censors. But it isnt me, pal.

09-Nov-18
If you don't want to be called STUPID, Don't ask a STUPID question. Kinda like you coming on here with LIES, yfp, you are called a LIAR, and also coming on here being a DUMB__$, i will call you a DUMB__$. It's pretty simple really.

09-Nov-18

• Sitka Gear