spike78 09-Nov-18
Will 09-Nov-18
LINK 09-Nov-18
BIG BEAR 09-Nov-18
BIGHORN 09-Nov-18
orionsbrother 09-Nov-18
08-Nov-18

AZOnecam's Link
Alex Hannold has free-climbed pretty much every inch of climbable rock in the world. No ropes. Search his name on youtube. It's unbelievable what he's done.

08-Nov-18
I watched his accent of capitan yesterday. Impressive doesn’t describe it.

08-Nov-18
He is amazing. As is the research on his brain to see how he thinks differently. Cool stuff.

08-Nov-18

Died in a "Rope Jumping" accident per Pig Doc. Crazy skills though.

08-Nov-18

spike78's Link
Here is a 60 minutes episode of him climbing. I wanted to puke just watching it absolutely insane.

08-Nov-18
With all due respect, Pig Doc, I don't think he'll end up as you predicted. He takes on challenges most of us couldn't imagine, but he's not getting himself into a situation he hasn't already thought through, and worked through.

08-Nov-18
I saw the title of this thread and opened it to disagree with whoever you named as the greatest athlete of all time and make a case for it being Honnold. There is really nothing else that has ever compared. I am a rock climber and what he has done is probably all the more impressive to me because of my perspective.

There is no other sporting endeavor where one must be absolutely focused, every single second, for several hours, while operating at the smallest possible margins, with the slightest error resulting in certain death. To add a little bit more context, the climb on El Capitan that he soloed has never been climbed by anyone without falling on at least their first several tries - on rope! I've climbed the line that he soloed, albeit in a much different fashion. He's incredible.

09-Nov-18

AZOnecam's embedded Photo
AZOnecam's embedded Photo
Thanks, Overland. My family has done some of what we consider pretty adventurous stuff in Zion and other places in southern/mid Utah. Even with ropes and gear, it's daunting. Having done the little stuff with ropes, I can't even imagine what it's like doing the biggest and baddest without a rope.

The pic here is about 120' straight down, around little wild horse, I think Ding and Dang, no ropes. No way around. The pool in the bottom gives some perspective.

09-Nov-18
That kid could probably crush hands on a handshake!

09-Nov-18
AZOnecam... Wholly crap man! 120feet. I dont feel safe at 10 feet, with a harness :)

09-Nov-18
Man Orion, moving at the speed looks incredibly stupid whether it’s 40’ or 400’ off the ground.

09-Nov-18
He’s obviously a phenomenal athlete..... But I’m not a big fan of daredevil acts of risking your life just to do it..... like the Wallenda’s or Evil Knievil.

As far as the greatest athelete ever.... Probably no one or very few on earth could repeat his feat..... But no one on earth will probably ever top Michael Phelps....with 23 gold medals in swimming.... And there are many others that dominated their sports in similar fashion.

09-Nov-18
Why don't they just take a gun and shoot themselves in the head?

09-Nov-18
Link - That jump at 1:13 in that video makes my azz pucker.

I respect the skills of these guys, but I think they're crazy.

• Sitka Gear