Woods Walker 10-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 10-Nov-18
slade 10-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 10-Nov-18
Iktomi 10-Nov-18
slade 10-Nov-18
NvaGvUp 10-Nov-18
09-Nov-18
Haven't been able to verify, but here's to hoping.

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Will Retire from the US Supreme Court in January, 2019 While the Nation is preoccupied with the appointment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh to replace Justice Anthony Kennedy, it appears there will soon be another vacancy on the US Supreme Court

U.S. Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has had a re-occurrence of malignant melanoma, she has told her law clerks. Ginsburg was treated in 1999 for colon cancer and had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer.

She has told key Democratic members of the Senate about her medical condition, including ranking Democratic member of the Judiciary Committee Dianne Feinstein. This explains in part the "take no prisoners" attitude of the Democrats during the Kavanaugh nomination, carefully orchestrating weak 37 year old allegations against Kavanaugh by Women he barely remembers knowing in High School and College.

Kavanaugh is a player in this drama. He's in the wrong place at the wrong time . President Donald J Trump will be replacing Notorious RBG, the lovechild of the left, and so will remake the Supreme Court for a generation. The Democrats simply must win back the Senate in November 2018, progressives feel.

Full article here:

https://www.smobserved.com/story/2018/11/09/politics/justice-ruth-bader-ginsburg-will-retire-from-the-us-supreme-court-in-january-2019/3658.html

09-Nov-18
Mending bones becomes harder with age. At 85 and being female (real science/not putzeidan social science), she faces the reality of osteoporosis. Should it be true about remission, Justice Ginsberg has a tough road ahead and more on her personal platter than sitting in the court.

If Rick's link is true, it appears that the Democrats were aware of this at the time of the Kavenaugh nomination and that is why they so frantically threw everything (including the kitchen sink) to derail his nomination. And their Kavenaugh antics cost them any chance of gaining in the Senate (perhaps that is why there is so much Democrat collusion in tainting the ballot boxes in several states). When one fails at promoting ideas, the only thing left is to destroy the vote.

Grab your popcorn buckets...

IMHO, they used up just about all their ammunition when it comes to Trump's naming a replacement for her. Of course, they have shown little control anywhere and anytime. ;o)

09-Nov-18
If true, that would be the lead story on every major network. So, I won't put any credence in this story until I see it on Fox, or ABC news.

09-Nov-18
The Dem's treatment of BK backfired big time. My guess is they figured destroying/beating BK was more important then Senate Majority. Ramping up the base and stopping BK would give them the Senate and control of 2 judges. Epic Fail on both fronts.

Should RBG retire (in health I pray) a 6-3 court with Roberts as the swing is a good place to be.

09-Nov-18
I haven't seen this confirmed by the media yet so I wouldn't get too excited just yet.

09-Nov-18
" My guess is they figured destroying/beating BK was more important then Senate Majority. "

My guess is that they thought they would get a two-fer --- keep him off the court and win the senate from a grateful nation so they could dictate to trump who would get on the court.

09-Nov-18
I see no confirmation anywhere of this anywhere, so doubt it is true. If true, it would be the lead story everywhere.

I wish her a quick and complete recovery - and quick retirement.

I see no confirmation anywhere.

09-Nov-18
If it’s true, and if a “recurrence” means she’s had metastasis of an old melanoma, then that’s a dire prognosis. Often times 3 months from diagnosis, especially in someone her age.

09-Nov-18
That she beat pancreatic cancer shows us she's a tough old gal.

My father died from pancreatic cancer. He lived for nine months after the diagnosis, which is a very long time for someone with that form on cancer.

09-Nov-18
This quote from RBG should have disqualified her from the SC long ago. She no longer can decide on matters critical to the security of this nation and is long past her usefulness. She is counter productive wielding the power of the highest court in this land and has on occasion slumbered in public. The singular purpose of her presence is not place forward the rule of law but denying Trump another SC appointee which is a testament to her partisan decisions. She must be removed one way or the other natural or otherwise. Her quote and mindset: take particular note of the last sentence which is a window fogged to the point of realism. "He is a faker," she said of the presumptive Republican presidential nominee, going point by point, as if presenting a legal brief. "He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that."

The Rock

09-Nov-18
I searched the internet and the only recent news I see on the old bat is that she was released from the hospital yesterday.

09-Nov-18
Well the OP's story came from the Santa Monica Observer, a far right newspaper, so it can't be true.

09-Nov-18
Trust but verify!

If this is legit, it would be all over the place. Left, right, and/or everything in-between.

09-Nov-18
Oh, PLEEZE, Spike!

Every lefty site on the web would be apoplectic if they thought the old hag was leaving SCOTUS.

And every righty site would be cheering their brains out!

09-Nov-18
I don't claim to know Jack about this newspaper. But I do know that Santa Monica is a highly preferred place to live for a LOT of lefty nut-jobs.

By a margin of 3:1, Dem voter registrations in the county outnumbers GOP registrations!

09-Nov-18

slade's Link
More bad news for Democrats: RBG has announced she is retiring from the Supreme Court....:)

09-Nov-18

09-Nov-18
Exactly why I prefaced my link with the statement that I was unable to verify this article. As the day goes on with no other source reporting, I too tend to think it is wishful thinking.

09-Nov-18
She's already out of hospital and doing just fine.

09-Nov-18
:just fine" could be debated......

09-Nov-18
Like I said, the best part of RBG's accident came from the left with their offers of donation of ribs and any other needed organ. One of the intellectually superior supporters from Hollywood (Alyssa Milano) is reported to offer both of her kidneys. Are they really that stupid?

09-Nov-18
"Are they really that stupid?"

Why yes, yes they are.

09-Nov-18
Natural selection had been cheated of its prize...

09-Nov-18
We ought to offer a reward to those wanting to donate both of their kidneys. It'd be worth it!

10-Nov-18
Red flag right here....."had surgery in 2009 for pancreatic cancer"..... Death should have come by 2014-2016 at the latest. She doesn't have pancreatic cancer.

10-Nov-18
"We ought to offer a reward to those wanting to donate both of their kidneys. It'd be worth it!"

Oh the irony if they said they would donate their brain had she had a brain tumor. That would've been a guaranteed death sentence... : ^ )

10-Nov-18

Woods Walker's Link
You can't donate what you don't have in the first place! And this dipsh*t is a classic example!

10-Nov-18
Rocky,

My point is, "There is right and there is wrong and there is nothing in-between."

A person can claim they're ethical all they want, but the proof is known by what they do, not by what they say.

Or, to put it another way, "I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend to my death your right to say it."

10-Nov-18
Kind of like when you defended our Trump supporting guide TSI? Oh that's right, not only did you get nasty with him, you went after his livelihood.

10-Nov-18
BS!!!!

I never went after his livelihood!

I merely noted that his crappying on GOP voters might be bad for his business,

Lord, are you pathetic or what?

10-Nov-18
"Death should have come by 2014-2016 at the latest. She doesn't have pancreatic cancer."

Pancreatic cancer has a high mortality rate. That doesn't mean that some small percentage of patients aren't successfully treated, because they in fact are.

10-Nov-18
Sorry feeble one, you did more than suggest.

TSI only supported Trump, which you now claim is crapping on GOP voters, your version of the truth is pathetic and an outright lie.

10-Nov-18
slade,

You are seriously mentally ill!

Seek help!

• Sitka Gear