Shuteye 09-Nov-18
Coyote 65 09-Nov-18
Shuteye 09-Nov-18
Coyote 65 09-Nov-18
Shuteye 10-Nov-18
HDE 10-Nov-18
09-Nov-18

Shuteye's Link
I couldn't get Bluegrass in the title but this girl can pick Bluegrass guitar with the very best. This is an old video when she was with her family band. She plays with some of the top notch bluegrass pickers on the planet.

09-Nov-18
I never ever listened to Bluegrass until I went to an old time fiddler contest. The wife and I have gone 3 years straight now and are thinking about traveling up to Idaho for the finals.

This year for the second year in a row the winner in AZ is a 16 y.o. kid whose brother plays a cello like a bass to accompany him. This year at the bbq in the evening of the 1st day of competition he and his brother and trio of 3 sisters put on an hour long performance that rivaled anything I have ever heard. The sister sang country, songs from WW2 with harmonies that rivaled the Andrews Sisters. The two boys played everything from country songs to Dave Brubeck. The only thing they didn't play was classical music but I bet they could.

BTW the boys live on a ranch in Southern AZ.

Terry

09-Nov-18
My son started entering mandolin contests when he was 9 years old. We took him all over Maryland and Delaware. He came in first place every time he entered and that was many many contests. He had never entered a bass contest and he never played bass but a band was missing their bass player and asked him to fill in. He won first prize for bass that day. He just finished his last gig in London and is heading home. He is 48 years old now and makes a really good living playing music. He plays Jazz, Bluegrass, country, roots and country. He is on a gospel album in England that was number one last year. When he was a kid we took him to every bluegrass festival in Maryland, Delaware, PA, North Carolina and Virginia and it paid off.

09-Nov-18

Coyote 65's Link
Here is a video of him and his brother. The young girl there is also from AZ and is one of the contestants in the fiddle contest too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5SKtrIzlVU

10-Nov-18
He is darn good on the fiddle. I

10-Nov-18
They are all very talented musicians. The other video feeds associated with the OP link were cool to watch as well.

• Sitka Gear